how to get an upsell or an upgrade

kenorus

You don't do anything but accept. HAL will do the offering of an upgrade or upsell.

If you (or your TA) start the conversation, usually the result is paying rack rate.

"just a deluxe veranda stateroom"???? You are kidding right? Many people would be very happy with your cabin. Plus, you are on the deck above the higher level of cabins.

Upsell offers from HAL are usually sent in an email if they have your e-address. The ones we've gotten have been in the morning. You might want to check your email more often than usual. And we'd be delighted with "just a deluxe veranda".

we are in 8035 which is just a deluxe veranda stateroom. How do you get upgraded or do you just give them a call to get a better room and then for how much,

If we knew how to get a free upgrade to a "SA" cabin, we most assuredly would not be paying for it. We'd also like to get more than what we paid for...... :D , wouldn't everyone? ;)

If you want an 'upsell', you or if you used a TA, can call and ask.

Good luck.

okay so just checked we are in va not sure how much we will have to go up to the next level or is the next one a suite and what does that get you.
The next level above VA on a Vista ship is an SZ "Superior" suite. That gives you 50% more room and a "telephone concierge" service.

The next level above a VA on The Eurodam or Nieuw A is a V. That gets you a 1 foot deeper balcony on deck 8. The next step above that is a VQ "spa" cabin which actually gives you a balcony that is only 2/3 the size of the VA balcony.

we are on the 8th already. Just saw on their website that the sc are on special but only one room which is on the 4th. Very good price also, so not sure what they could do in this case.
Okay, 8035 in a VA means you are on a Vista and you should ignore the 2nd paragraph in my last post. Next step up is SZ. Three steps above that is SC. This is a full Deluxe Suite, with access to the Neptune Lounge and other amenities. If you're willing to pay the price difference and an SC is available, HAL will take your money. Unless the price you are seeing is for new bookings only.

That will probably be the case. It will be for new bookings but i will give it a shot anyways. We were in a suite for the panama canal cruise, it was nice but we really were not in the room a whole lot. Only because we have my daughter is why i would like a bigger room. But i do like the idea now of being on a higher floor.

When we called they put you right through to the neptune lounge. I only went into the neptune for my morning coffee and brought it to our room. I spent most of my time by the pool deck! We did have dinner one night on the patio as it is huge.

When we called they put you right through to the neptune lounge. I only went into the neptune for my morning coffee and brought it to our room. I spent most of my time by the pool deck! We did have dinner one night on the patio as it is huge.

Huh? What level cabin were you in? You can't get into the Neptune unless you are PS, SA, SB or SC. Beebob1 was asking about SS, SY phone concierge.

Huh? What level cabin were you in? You can't get into the Neptune unless you are PS, SA, SB or SC. Beebob1 was asking about SS, SY phone concierge.

Yep, I think there was a little confusion there. As I recall, and we've only been in one SS cabin so it's not like we've had a lot of experience, the phone concierge service for those cabins is provided out of the front desk not the Neptune Lounge. Quite frankly even when we're in deluxe suites we don't ask the concierge to do much for us and have gone through a number of cruises without asking for any support. While nice the concierge and the Neptune Lounge are not the reasons we book deluxe suites.

My TA called last month with an up sell opportunity on the NA from my VA on the 7th deck to a SS on the 6th deck for only $50pp less than the regular price. Since we are with 2 other couples and our cabins are all in a row on the 7th deck we declined the offer.

If you are in category cabins "S", SA", "SB" or "SC", you can speak with your Neptune Concierge either by phone or in person in Neptune Lounge.

If you are in a cabin that has only "telephone concierge', No Neptune Privileges, your telephone concierge answers at Front Office. I have seen them on the phones when visiting 'inside' front office. ;)

If you are in Neptune Level Suite and require concierge assistance 'after hours' and Neptune is closed, these telephone concierges are happy to help any hour of the day or night.

Archived