Is 11:00 too early to get to FLL port?

martinimadam

No, it isn't too early. There will be others there as well. Yes, there are seats, restrooms, etc. The only exception is if there are using the terminal furtherest south (29?) that one seems less user friendly. Unless they have improved it since the last time we were there.

Doors 99% of the time do not open until 11 AM.

Then you will go through security and then check-in to get your ID cards.

After that you will go upstairs until it is time to get on the ship.

There are chairs upstairs and restrooms.

They usually start to board the ship around 11:30.

With HAL's new policy -- once on the ship you can go directly to your cabin -- drop off your carry-ons -- and then either go to lunch or explore the ship or do whatever you want to do.

There are only a few benches outside on which to sit. If you must sit, you might want to arrive after the first crush of people have entered the terminal to begin checking in and boarding. FLL Embarkation usually begins by 11:15 A.M.

The best advice I ever got on these boards is that "When in Ft. Lauderdale, it's best to leave your hotel at 12:00 for the port. When you get there, the lines will all be gone, and you can walk right on the ships."

What a difference an hour makes...

JMHO

The best advice I ever got on these boards is that "When in Ft. Lauderdale, it's best to leave your hotel at 12:00 for the port. When you get there, the lines will all be gone, and you can walk right on the ships."

JMHO

Is that also true for wheelchair boarding?

In some places I have arrived, only to learn it was going to be a long, long wait for a wheelchair and pusher. I don't want to arrive to no/short lines, only to find that all the wheelchairs and pushers are engaged.

JMHO

;) Depends how near your hotel is to Port Everglades. Also depends if one has priority boarding for Suites and Four Star Mariners.

Archived