SILHOUETTE Obstructed view cabins

DancingDuo

Here are a couple pics from 6242 on the Equinox (2C cabin). To my knowledge, all the regular verhandah cabins are the same size with those cabins on the angle part of the hump having slightly larger verandahs.

6242 was on the Starboard/Aft side of the hump.

IMG_00000338.jpg.3ffc03cf55cf164a32a633f30e0d9bd1.jpg

IMG_00000340.jpg.36d5a79b6487e27adb36d91c8950959b.jpg

IMG_00000341.jpg.8e18e557134639ba224239c163c74095.jpg

I was concerned the first time that I was in a deck 6 obstructed view cabin. It is not a problem. You can look straight out. You cannot look down and see the water unless you are between divots. The folks above you cannot look straight down and see the water. Deck 6 is fine. I have been on deck 6 many times.

here are some photos of our cabin on the Solstice, which should be extremely similar to the corresponding cabin on Silhouette. This is a category 2D, or "fully obstructed". As you can see, the lifeboat is in the way, but there is still a great view. This room also had a nearly triple sized balcony. I also have some photos of a deck 6 cat. 2C on the Equinox which i can post if needed :)

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!! We are booked in cabin 6210 on the Reflection. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and we changed to it from a royal Caribbean sailing because we felt it was a better value.

• 2 years later...
On 4/1/2016 at 5:03 PM, Redtravel said:

I was concerned the first time that I was in a deck 6 obstructed view cabin. It is not a problem. You can look straight out. You cannot look down and see the water unless you are between divots. The folks above you cannot look straight down and see the water. Deck 6 is fine. I have been on deck 6 many times.

I also like deck 6 and find it great value  on my upcoming cruise paid for a guarantee balcony and got a 2C cabin 6303 on Silhouette. Very quiet area at back of ship with huge balcony. The obstruction is the rooftop of Tuscan grill but you can still see the water from a sitting position. Had this not been a GTY the cost would have been $400 more than what I paid.

10 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Question.  Do you get any type of noise from the lifeboats when the ship is sailing?  I would be concerned about banging.

No noise from life boats whatsoever they are very stable and I have been in many a cabin on deck six.  I can literally walk everywhere on the ship within minutes don't need crowded elevators. Love the location and always a great price.  However I do choose the back of the ship.