Ladies (and men I guess) fair warning

terrymtex01

I wanted to post something that happened to me on our recent cruise on the Spirit. It was funny, but at the same time I felt so bad for the lady.

I was walking back to our cabin and the seas were really rocking. I came upon a guy standing out talking to a cabin steward next to the cabin stewards cart. When they saw I was going to be coming through there they kind of stepped back so I could get through and just as they did the ship hit a big wave and the passenger guy fell against a cabin door. When he did the cabin door popped open and there was a lady standing in the middle of her cabin, fully nude. They guy grabbed the door and shut it quickly, but there the three of us were staring right at her. We all felt bad for her, but like I say, since we saw how it happened it was funny. (Thank god for her all three of us were gay guys - you just have to trust me on that one.. LOL).

Anyway, please make sure you secure your door completely when you go into your cabin. You just never know.

T

OMG, if I had been that lady I would have died! Those doors usually latch so securely. I hope you didn't see the poor lady later on the cruise.

If you did see her later in the cruise, would you recognize her? I'm guessing her face isn't the first thing you noticed. lol

I wanted to post something that happened to me on our recent cruise on the Spirit. It was funny, but at the same time I felt so bad for the lady.

I was walking back to our cabin and the seas were really rocking. I came upon a guy standing out talking to a cabin steward next to the cabin stewards cart. When they saw I was going to be coming through there they kind of stepped back so I could get through and just as they did the ship hit a big wave and the passenger guy fell against a cabin door. When he did the cabin door popped open and there was a lady standing in the middle of her cabin, fully nude. They guy grabbed the door and shut it quickly, but there the three of us were staring right at her. We all felt bad for her, but like I say, since we saw how it happened it was funny. (Thank god for her all three of us were gay guys - you just have to trust me on that one.. LOL).

Anyway, please make sure you secure your door completely when you go into your cabin. You just never know.

T

Too funny! Although not for her I'm sure. Moral of the story, latch your door and get changed in the bathroom.

If anyone saw me naked they would either need an eye transplant or a trip to the infirmary for a severely upset stomach. You've all been warned. Lean against my door at your own risk.:D

It's a good thing I don't read these boards drinking anything any more. My poor screen would be very wet:D

Sparks - I laugh WITH you as gravity has taken over my body as well!

Kathy

thanks for sharing Terry, I'll be sure to shut the door completely next week

Jo-Anne

HI Jo-Anne (& Tim) !!

Think we will get back to Miami same as you (12/4) ?

Say hi to Dawn for us! :)

Sorry - didn't mean to hijack thread.

I'll be sure to shut the door tightly on the Pearl, too!

Thanks,Terry! Will we be getting another great review from you, now?? :D (did I miss it?)

It's a good thing I don't read these boards drinking anything any more. My poor screen would be very wet:D

Sparks - I laugh WITH you as gravity has taken over my body as well!

Kathy

I prefer to think the sands of time have shifted. :)

This story is hilarious, OK probably not for the poor lady. But if my memory serves me correctly there is a safety lock toward the top of the doors. A good reminder to use it.

Reminds me of a funny story.. a few years ago the first night of our cruise I ran quick to my cabin to change before dinner. My own fault, I forgot to latch the door... the cabin steward walked in on me... he was SO embarassed!! However, we had excellent service all week long and so my DH teases me now to let it happen again because he thinks the guy was either really embarassed and tried so hard to make it up to me OR that he took extra special care of us because of the little "show" I gave him on the first night.. in any event, I laughed about it from the time it happened...

Reminds me of a funny story too.

My daughter works in the fashion industry. Part of her job takes her to a lot of runway shows. Backstage where the mosels are getting ready (unfortunately I am only told this , no personal knowledge :() Some of the most beautiful women in the world are running around naked getting their hair and makeup done and getting into their next outfit to model.Many times these hair, make up and dressers are men.

My mom , in her 80s and has been around too long to "BS" says "These girls walk around naked in front of these guys ?"

My daughter said "Gram they are professionals , plus I know all those guys and they are gay"

My mom said "They are gay professionals but they aren't eunichs , they should cover up."

OY my mother :)

Archived