Why aren't there more reviews?

somogirl

I know a lot of people check out this website for research and information prior to their cruise, and many of you sign up for roll calls but why don't people write and tell us of their experience? From my cruise in Sept. there were only 2 reviews! I like to read about other passengers experiences and I know it helps those who are planning up coming trips.

I would hope that this website would be a two way street and work both ways, a little give and take. This was just my thought, I still enjoy cruise critc.

You will find many members posting their reviews as a thread in the message boards. This way, it is easier for people to ask and answer questions pertaining to the itinerary and ship. I do see your point, though. Many people, especially non-members, will head directly to the review section for passenger reviews. I, for one, always post in both the review and forum sections. Some people just want a quick overview and not have to read through pages and pages of a thread.

I wrote several reviews of our cruises back when I first joined Cruise Critic. But lately, I've written live threads from each cruise (since we get the free Internet minutes) and haven't bothered to reorganize my thoughts and post a review after getting back.

I know a lot of people check out this website for research and information prior to their cruise, and many of you sign up for roll calls but why don't people write and tell us of their experience? From my cruise in Sept. there were only 2 reviews! I like to read about other passengers experiences and I know it helps those who are planning up coming trips.

I would hope that this website would be a two way street and work both ways, a little give and take. This was just my thought, I still enjoy cruise critc.

I'm with you....perhaps people think it's all been said before in previous reviews; maybe they're just sucked back into their vortex of 10 hour work days and can't afford the energy.....or maybe it's just the post cruise depression that keeps them from writing a review.

With each review I've written, I find more that I'm just repeating things I've said each previous year. Maybe a good review is just an update on the condition of the ship, the service provided onboard, and whether or not the ports are worthwhile.

I love trip reports & reviews. I am researching a July 2012 Alaskan Cruise for the Mr. & I. From each review I have read, I have gained something. As a reviewer you never know what small (to you) comment or tidbit will be helpful to someone else in the planning stages.

On a personal note, I always write a trip review of our vacations for Trip Advisor. It's amazing what you'll forget over time, so these reports become a diary of our experiences, impressions, etc.!

Keep the reviews coming please! :)

I had the experience of writing a review, even received an acknowledgement notice and the review was never posted or if they posted it wasn't with the correct ship. Don't know if anyone else has had this experience. Happen earlier this year, was for the Cunard OV, not Princess by the way.

I generally find I enjoy reading the messages and Q & As on the boards just as much. I only read the reviews for old ships, or on ships that have recently come out of dry dock.

You will find many members posting their reviews as a thread in the message boards. This way, it is easier for people to ask and answer questions pertaining to the itinerary and ship. I do see your point, though. Many people, especially non-members, will head directly to the review section for passenger reviews. I, for one, always post in both the review and forum sections. Some people just want a quick overview and not have to read through pages and pages of a thread.

I do both. I post on the regular boards and in the review section. Something new I've added is pictures to my review. This can only be done on the main boards, though I do add a link to the photo album for the review that goes in the review section.

I hardly ever write reviews and I almost never read a review. I can't say it is a waist of time entirely but just about. We have been on almost all the ships for Princess and therefore have our own opinion on them. And have absolutely no negative opinions on any ship except the overcrowded ones and overcrowding is our only issue with these ships.

I guess our rule of thumb is, including the overcrowded ones, we have never had a bad cruise, some better than others but never a bad one.

I'd like to read reviews of shore activities. I know all the great features of Princess cruises and prefer not to read all the usual 'padding'.

I agree. Sometimes you are already familiar with a ship but not the ports on the itinerary. The boards for the individual ports have good information. Also, if I am looking for information on a particular tour or excursion, I try to find ship reviews for the same or similar itinerary that have recently returned. Another great place for information is the roll call forum - either one for your cruise or one for a cruise which has recently returned from the same itinerary. There may be repeat cruisers on your roll call who can give great advice about where to go, what to see, and what excursions might not be worth the time and expense.

The CC message boards and ship reviews were invaluable to me before I sailed the first time, so I like to return that favor and write reviews for other people who may be embarking on their very first sailing.:)

I've only been on two cruises since I've joined here. The last cruise I did post a summary that was put in the review section accessible on the main page, as well as posting a thread here with pictures (did the same on another cruising board) as well as put the info on a google site (see below for the address).

The previous cruise, I did start a thread (as someone else said, it's a good way to answer people's questions) but never got around to sending in a regular review for the main page.

I look at my info as reports rather than reviews.

Archived