Richard spacey

velcam

How did you like Amy?

She was a sweet girl and decent 'MC' but definitely no real entertainment value...perhaps I wouldn't have been so hard on her if I hadn't had Richard over the summer but the back to back comparision was dramatically disappointing.

Just got off Adventure of the seas yesterday!!! Richard was our cruise director last week!!!! What a great surprise!!!! :D:D I did not get the chance to ask him how many weeks he was going to be on that ship and guest relations did not know when I asked there.

Just got off Adventure of the seas yesterday!!! Richard was our cruise director last week!!!! What a great surprise!!!! :D:D I did not get the chance to ask him how many weeks he was going to be on that ship and guest relations did not know when I asked there.

We had Richard Spacey as our CD on Adventure in 2006 and LOVED him. Is he still using "Tequila" as his theme song? His video at the farewell show showing how hard he works ranks up there on one of the funniest things I've seen on a cruise.

Thats my theory... he enjoyed his time on Oasis but probably wanted to return to a smaller ship. Perhaps someday we'll find out if that's true!

Still, I was very surprised that they assigned a rookie CD to Oasis after he left. You think they'd put one of their established, premier CDs on the Oasis!

My understanding is that the Oasis is burning people out. It has a much higher turnover on CD staff because they have to work much harder on that ship than on other ships.

My understanding is that the Oasis is burning people out. It has a much higher turnover on CD staff because they have to work much harder on that ship than on other ships.

Wow! Where did u hear that? :cool:

She was a sweet girl and decent 'MC' but definitely no real entertainment value...perhaps I wouldn't have been so hard on her if I hadn't had Richard over the summer but the back to back comparision was dramatically disappointing.

Just returned from the Oasis--I agree with everything you said. Very disappointed. She should be on an older, smaller ship if on at all. The 70's show was poor and without a great crowd. The Quest was almost cancelled for lack of a crowd--ended up with 6 teams rather than 8. She basically added nothing to the cruise. Maybe she's a relative of a RCL exec.

Just off the Explorer yesterday and we are going back on March 9th. When I asked Jimmy Rhodes (current CD) if he would still be on Explorer then he told me he is leaving the ship March 9th and Richard Spacey is coming on for our cruise. HAPPY! Heard alot of good things about Richard.

Just off the Explorer yesterday and we are going back on March 9th. When I asked Jimmy Rhodes (current CD) if he would still be on Explorer then he told me he is leaving the ship March 9th and Richard Spacey is coming on for our cruise. HAPPY! Heard alot of good things about Richard.

Thanks for the info. There has been a lot of speculation as to who will be the CD on Explorer. BTW we will be on the Mar. 9th cruise also. See you there. :)

Does this mean Richard will be on the Adventure for a few weeks?! Hoping he is still on for the Feb 26th-March 4 sailing...could very well be his last sailing on Adventure and then have a few days off before heading to the Explorer on March 9th.

I really hope this is the case...he is my absolute favorite CD!

I'm just reporting what RCCL told me about Richard. H would have been on his break from mid-late November through January and then return. I hope what they told me was true because he is an experience all by himself!

Isn't that the truth!

Of all the cruises we've been on to date, he is the only CD that I distinctly remember. He is FANTASTIC. Whereever he goes, I wish him well. He is a talent like no other.

Thanks for the info, so happy to hear since we will be on that cruise as well. Come join our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1344072&page=61

Archived