Richard spacey

velcam

Isn't the Explorer after the Oasis, sort of a "demotion"? I would think RCL would want their very best, on the biggest, newest ships. Richard is certainly one of the Very Best. I've been hoping to catch up with him again, since I saw him on Majesty, way back when. I just booked Oasis, and now he's gone, of course. Perhaps he wanted to return to a bit smaller ship. lol

Thats my theory... he enjoyed his time on Oasis but probably wanted to return to a smaller ship. Perhaps someday we'll find out if that's true!

Still, I was very surprised that they assigned a rookie CD to Oasis after he left. You think they'd put one of their established, premier CDs on the Oasis!

I think the Explorer would be a great choice. Even though we were thrilled with Richard on our Oasis cruises, we didn't see him as much as when we were on Freedom. We felt like we saw him every day on Freedom between the evening shows and the outside activities.

Whoever gets Richard Spacey will be very lucky......IMHO he is the BEST CD out there, there is no-one that compares, truly! no-one!

I enjoyed his wonderful personality on Freedom several times, so hope he will go back there one day, since Port Canaveral, Fl is my home port.... :D

• 1 month later...
I read here that he went to the Explorer.

Think Richards next ship is the EX

Richard is currently home in the UK. He did confirm via Facebook that he'll be going to the Explorer when his vacation is over.

Just off Explorer NYE 12/30 - 1/6 cruise and Richard was not there - Jimmy Rhodes still the CD - have no idea however when Richards Vaca is over. Hope you get him.

according to adam goldstein, rci president, richard spacey will be on the explorer for my sailing on 2/17/12:D:D

OMG and we thought we would have Richard Spacey as our CD. (Jan 27) cruise. So who will the CD be???? That is the big question.

Happy New Year All

Richard is on his way to the explorer next I think he'll tell you he needed a change from OA did a superb job on there but I think it takes alot out of you if you are active as a CD

Me heading back to Freedom on Feb 5th there through to July 29th

Very Best

Graham

Happy New Year All

Richard is on his way to the explorer next I think he'll tell you he needed a change from OA did a superb job on there but I think it takes alot out of you if you are active as a CD

Me heading back to Freedom on Feb 5th there through to July 29th

Very Best

Graham

Happy New Year to you too Graham! I am still remembering the wonderful time I had with you on Freedom in November.

All the Best

Jen

I have been on the phone w/RCCL a couple times over the past month. They told me it appears Richard is still Cruise Director on OOTS but that he was on his 2 month break since some time in November. I hope that's right because I was calling them specifically to find out if he was still on OOTS for when I return to the ship on 3/31. He is just simply THE BEST!!!!!

I have been on the phone w/RCCL a couple times over the past month. They told me it appears Richard is still Cruise Director on OOTS but that he was on his 2 month break since some time in November. I hope that's right because I was calling them specifically to find out if he was still on OOTS for when I return to the ship on 3/31. He is just simply THE BEST!!!!!

Just got off the Oasis...he's not there it's Amy Fickert

Archived