Serenade- 11/13/11 - Picture Review

Mariketa

Disembarking

We ate breakfast in the Windjammer and then headed to the Safari Lounge to wait our turn; I had my Kindle so I read until it was time.

Almost precisely at 9 a.m. we were called and headed down to go through customs, one line wasn’t moving at all and once we got out of that line we were through in about 3 minutes.

We got a taxi to the airport and then sat there until our 5:30 flight. Half of my group took a tour instead of going to the airport, they really enjoyed themselves.

There are people outside of the terminal who will lead you in either direction, a taxi or a tour is not hard to find. There are also porters available to help with your luggage.

Staff – Main Dining/Windjammer/Room Attendant/General

As usual, the staff was great, my only disappointment was guest services, but even then I didn’t feel like they were being unhelpful so much as they just didn’t know what to do.

We ate breakfast in the Windjammer every morning and it was always good.

Our room attendant was good, the first two nights she didn’t make our room up until after 9 p.m., but one night when we’d already put the “do not disturb” card in she must have realized that we were early sleepers so after that she had the room ready by 7:00 or so each night. We had very little interaction with her, but she seemed nice and said hello each time she saw us.

THE END!

Thanks for reading my really long review and thank you for all of the reviews you all put so much effort in to that I have enjoyed!

I have been on the Serenade 4 years in a row at Christmas. I really like the ship and you brought back memories. I enjoyed the pictures and your comments.

I have to agree that the mystery theater is great. But don't be fooled they keep changing who murders who. We did it back to back and the 2nd year we even had a better time.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

fantastic photos of the ship. we are lucky enough to be going on her in the med next june. Can you post the other pictures you say you have please., my other half liked looking at the ones you took in the kitchen.:)

Sure thing, I'll do it as soon as my huge batch of vacation pics finishes uploading to photobucket, I have almost 700 so it's taking a while, lol.

Lorrdean--Check out the Meet and Mingle for this ship for 6/10. I'm on it too. Quiet roll call, sign in!

lol Rodie, I started the roll call for this cruise, I haven't been back to check it for a while, it took me a wee while to read all the replies. I guess it's quietness will go once the christmas holidays are over.:)

Thanks so much for the pics and the review. We are sailing on the Serenade for New Years and can't wait. It will be our first holiday sailing. The champagne brunch at Chops; how did you book this?

Happy Thanksgiving

I went to the Schooner Bar early on in the cruise, I think the first day while I was exploring and there were little leaflets on a table in front of the restaurant advertising the Champagne Brunch. I am not sure if it was ever in the compass as I had already booked so I didn't look for it, but maybe it would be there as well. Just head to Chops when you get on board and find that leaflet, it has the extension to call and book it. Have fun! We really enjoyed it!

I went to the Schooner Bar early on in the cruise, I think the first day while I was exploring and there were little leaflets on a table in front of the restaurant advertising the Champagne Brunch. I am not sure if it was ever in the compass as I had already booked so I didn't look for it, but maybe it would be there as well. Just head to Chops when you get on board and find that leaflet, it has the extension to call and book it. Have fun! We really enjoyed it!

Thanks for your review! Do you remember what the menu was for the Champagne Brunch?

Cheers,

Archived