The Bon Voyage Experience

Kmkub

We decided to buy this for the kids' mother. My husband and I are taking his two kids for seven days. We think her and the kids will get a huge kick out of mom getting to share some of this too.

If you've done this, thoughts? I'm told we can take the tour or do our own thing. The best part, so far, is that we can board at 11:00 a.m. That will be very nice.

From what I have heard, depends on the guide if you can break off or not. Some are more clingy than others...

We decided to buy this for the kids' mother. My husband and I are taking his two kids for seven days. We think her and the kids will get a huge kick out of mom getting to share some of this too.

If you've done this, thoughts? I'm told we can take the tour or do our own thing. The best part, so far, is that we can board at 11:00 a.m. That will be very nice.

I think it is very generous of you to include your step-kids' Mom in your cruising experience. What lucky kids and what a lucky Mom! :)

I think it is very generous of you to include your step-kids' Mom in your cruising experience. What lucky kids and what a lucky Mom! :)

My thoughts exactly! It surely will be comforting for her to know something about where the kids will be and how safe the ship is. Good Job, Step Mom!:D

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone. We think it's important to maintain a friendly relationship... makes those nasty decisions that always come with teenagers so much easier to implement.

From what I have heard, depends on the guide if you can break off or not. Some are more clingy than others...

Well, here's to having a non-clingy guide! We're hoping to send off the kids with mom for the tour and then go do our own thing (we've been on the Ruby) and meet them at lunch... at a minimum, we want to sign up for the ultimate ship tour and then go find our free glass of warm champagne and meet our steward. (It's our first mini suite.)

You are under no obligation to stay with the tour and/or guides. We have done the BVE with people that have sailed with Princess multiple times and just did the BVE so they could party with us before we left. Afterwards, they applied their $39.00 fee towards their next cruise booking.

Archived