MARINER....Will We Be OUT OF PLACE IF.....

Will we be out of place if we bring our tuxes and gowns? We like to get WAY dressed up, but we don't want to be out of place.

Do passengers on the Mariner get dressed up for Formal Night?

You will absolutely not be out of place... While the majority don't wear tuxes, there are certainly many who do! If you enjoy dressing WAY up go right ahead. There will be plenty of others who do as well.

You will absolutely be fine... get as dressed up as you want. :) I think it depends on the sailing as to how many guys are wearing a tux. We sailed on Mariner and I would say on our particular sailing there were more guys wearing a tux than a suit.

We were on Explorer last summer (our first RCCL cruise) and saw tons of guys in Tuxs. My son was so disappointed that he didn't have one!! LOL!! This year he is asking to rent one so I am going to rent one for him and my hubby, and my daughter and I will be dressed to the nines. In our "regular" life we don't have many times to get all dolled up, so I am looking forward to dressing up on our cruise. I think you will be fine. I have heard that the number of men in tuxs varies from cruise to cruise. I think our cruise last year had an unusual number of tuxs, but I'm not worried about "sticking" out.

Have a Wonderful Cruise!!!

DRESS UP! I always read on these boards that "the majority don't wear tuxes", but on every RC cruise I've taken (including Mariner last May), it seems to me that most guys do wear tuxes. I myself wear long gowns, and my husband wears a tuxedo. I enjoy knowing we look fabulous, and don't worry about what anyone else is wearing or not wearing.

Last week on the Mariner there was EVERYTHING on formal night. My mother (71) and I (30-something) wore long evening gowns. One lady at our table had more cocktail type dresses -- sparkly with a jakcet. Her husband was in sport coat and tie. My son wears a dress shirt and pants and tie, but you see kids in Hawaiian shirts a lot -- especially for the second night. young girls in prom dresses. I'd say 30-40% of the men were in tuxes -- some obviously unearthed from the ceder chest and not tried on since they wore them to their wedding 25 years ago! Glad to hear there are some others who LIKE getting dressed up and aren't here to gripe about formal night!

Jakie

You will be fine dressing formally. Especially on formal nights. There are always a lot of men in Tuxedos, and most women wear long gowns. We dress in long gowns each formal night....and cocktail dresses the other nights. That is part of the fun of a cruise....dressing up each night for dinner!

Have fun and enjoy!

It's good to hear that a lot of people really dress up for formal night on the Mariner, as we'll be going in June. I was disappointed on our Alaska cruise last summer because the 2nd formal night was veerrry relaxed. The cruise before that (the Rapsody) was almost as bad. I love formal night!!

Shirley

Will we be out of place if we bring our tuxes and gowns? We like to get WAY dressed up, but we don't want to be out of place.

Do passengers on the Mariner get dressed up for Formal Night?

No..........you get dressed up! This is your time...and honestly.........you will be more "in place" getting dressed up than "out of place".

Have a great time.........and don't forget to get some pictures......either by the ship photographer, or with your own camera.........

Have fun!

You will look out of place if you wear them 24/7:D . You will be fine. About 25-30% of the men will be in tuxes or a dinner jacket with the balance in dark suits. Probably 90% will be dressed as above.

I bought my 11 yo twins tuxes on Ebay for June/19/05 cruise. They cannot wait to wear them! My husband is getting pre-measured and renting a tux onboard. Every cruise he says he's going to do that, so we're going to give it a try! Should make for a nice family photo!

Karen

We always dress to the max for both formal nights. It is our two favorite nights of the cruise! :D

My DH loves his tux and simply changes cumberbun and bow tie styles for the two nights, while I take two glitzy cocktail gowns.

What fun!!!

We are also on the Mariner in June...a big birthday celebration and our anniversary!! :)

Cheers!

Archived