~ * * Everything About the Pride * * ~

Chef P

Has anyone seen the briddge/tunnel near Virginia during their sailing?

I usually catch it the last night sailing back in around midnigt or bit later. Going out you hit in middle of the night. I do know that by 5am the next morning we were already down the coast of NC. It's nowhere near as spectacular as going under the Bay Bridge up near Baltimore, but growing up in the Hampton Roads area it was neat to sail over one of the tunnels.

Has anyone seen the briddge/tunnel near Virginia during their sailing?

The portion of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel that is crossed (North Branch) is a very flat, low to the surface roadway as opposed to an elevated arching bridge. About the only way you can tell when you approach it is the long string of lights illuminating the roadway, which dips below the surface into the black void that forms the ship channel passing over the tunnel.

Last December while on the Celebrity Mercury we passed over the North Branch of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel at 8pm heading inbound to Baltimore. It was very uneventful and really unworthy of noticing. I just happen to be out on deck making a phone call.

We were just on the Pride for the 3rd time a few months ago. Me and my fiancee did a review which can be found in my sig. It's pretty detailed and picture heavy.

OMG GREAT REVIEW.... thank you so much for the link,.....

and CONGRATULATIONS....

The portion of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel that is crossed (North Branch) is a very flat, low to the surface roadway as opposed to an elevated arching bridge. About the only way you can tell when you approach it is the long string of lights illuminating the roadway, which dips below the surface into the black void that forms the ship channel passing over the tunnel.

Last December while on the Celebrity Mercury we passed over the North Branch of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel at 8pm heading inbound to Baltimore. It was very uneventful and really unworthy of noticing. I just happen to be out on deck making a phone call.

Thanks for the info...

Sailed on the Pride 10/2011 for the first time. We live near Baltimore which makes it nice.

Here's what I liked about the ship: nice sized rooms, comfy bed, plenty of hot water for showers, easy to find you way around, usually no wait for an elevator, plenty of deck chairs.

This is what I liked to do on board: serenity deck (but don't be bummed out if you can't find a chair...the other decks are also nice...yes, some people are rude and hog both lounge chairs and hammocks...don't let it ruin an otherwise good time), sunset garden for quiet time, breakfast in the dining room, and most of all, chilling with my DH.

I'm pretty ambivalent about David's steakhouse. Yes, the food is best there, but I also enjoyed the main dining room....and the chocolate melting cake. If you use the lido dining area take the time to walk around and check out each serving area. It took a couple of days to realize they do not all serve the same items. The burgers are good, ice cream too, and the paninis and pizzas aren't bad. Treat yourself to a coffee at the coffee bar...or enjoy a free cappuccino in the dinning room. The draft beer on board is great.

The nudes are really in you face, so...make a game of it. Here are my games: give the pictures titles (my favorite was for the ladies room door by David's...Zeus fails his GYN final exam...you'll get it once you see it) and, give the characters in the pictures dialog. Even kids can do that!

Let's see...I don't drink a lot but the drink of the day is usually fruity and good.

The staff was always helpful and cordial. Getting on and off the ship on port days was easy. Baltimore port is the best!

I did a review of my 10/2011 cruise to Bermuda but I am not good with cut and paste, etc. But I know the rest of you are and can find the review by my name!

Hope you all have a great Pride cruise. Just hang loose and make your cruise fun.

Just off the Pride yesterday! First time aboard...skip the steak house..David's, just ok..senerity area is the bomb! Best hot tub on the ship. Definitely do the chefs table for dinner. Extra 75.00 but soooooo very worth it! Our three teen girls had a blast! Will prob do it again next Christmas!

Sailed on the Pride 10/2011 for the first time. ...

Just off the Pride yesterday! ...

Hello, and welcome home!

Could you please tell us where karaoke sessions take place on the Pride? (All in the same place, or in multiple venues?)

At least one past passengers has said that karaoke sessions occur on six (or all seven) nights of a week-long cruise? Is that true?

Some have said that karaoke sessions occur in the afternoon (maybe two hours) and in the evening (maybe three hours), even both on the same day. Is that true?

Sorry if you did not pay attention to karaoke yourselves, but we hope that you will be willing to take a look at your daily newsletters [Capers?] to obtain the answers to the above questions for us. Our final payment date is fast approaching, so we have a big decision to make.

Many thanks.

Answers about karaoke...sorry that I won't be able to name the venues for you but I've forgotten. That's probably because karaoke turned bust for us after the first night. I think the first day of our cruise they had karaoke in the Raphael lounge. It wasn't a very good venue, sight wise. We were too far away from the action, and too spread out. I should note that one of our group loves to sing and participate. We had an okay time, but just okay. Night two the venue was much better, sight wise for karaoke. But it was held in a large ashtray the Pride uses as a smoking lounge (sorry I don't remember the name). We stayed until our friend sang...and it was a close thing...we almost abandoned him! it just was too smoky and smelly. We never did karaoke again as they kept it at that venue. Bummer! I think we also had a karaoke ringer on board. He sang on pitch and knew all the words but...that's all I have to say about that.

We didn't have a good experience but didn't let it ruin the rest of the cruise. I knew our friend was upset that it didn't turn out like planned (we spend the weeks before our cruises just wondering how he'll entertain us!). Make sure you have a plan "B". On board, that's called "just roll with it and make your own fun".

I do have to say our best time with cruising karaoke was our first cruise on an old RCI ship. The only person who saw the words to the song as they scrolled was the person singing. If the rest of us didn't know the words to the song or were too tipsy to remember the words, we got an even bigger treat trying to figure out what the singer was singing. Almost turned into karaoke/trivia.

...and there you go, now I remember the plan "B" we had fun with on the Pride. Our group all won at Beatles trivia. That was a blast. And the sing alongs are precious. Too funny.

Hope that helps.

... I do have to say our best time with cruising karaoke was our first cruise on an old RCI ship. The only person who saw the words to the song as they scrolled was the person singing. If the rest of us didn't know the words to the song or were too tipsy to remember the words, we got an even bigger treat trying to figure out what the singer was singing. Almost turned into karaoke/trivia. ...

Thank you, "novinha."

If we understand correctly, you are saying that the lyrics of the songs are not just visible to the singer, but also on one or more big-screen TVs in the venue(s)?

Also, do we understand correctly that you cannot give us the names of the karaoke venue(s) and the days and times because you did not keep your daily newsletters?

We hope that "Cookie329" and others will see our post (from 9:23 AM today) and reply to our questions about Pride karaoke, so that the questions don't get "buried" under the various unrelated, subsequent replies that were posted.

Thanks again.

Sorry if you did not pay attention to karaoke yourselves, but we hope that you will be willing to take a look at your daily newsletters [Capers?] to obtain the answers to the above questions for us. Our final payment date is fast approaching, so we have a big decision to make.

On John Heald's blog, he posted the FunTimes (they aren't called capers anymore) from the Pride. I think they are from July. You should be able to find it through google. He posts both itineraries, so note which one you are looking for.

However, IMHO, if you are basing your decision about whether or not to cruise based on Karaoke, perhaps you should contact Carnival directly (not sure who--special events???) or maybe John Heald himself to ask (on his blog or Facebook). Karaoke schedules/venues seem like things that are highly subject to change, and if it is as important to you as it sounds, you might want to get the info directly from them.

On John Heald's blog, he posted the FunTimes (they aren't called capers anymore) from the Pride. I think they are from July. You should be able to find it through google. He posts both itineraries, so note which one you are looking for. However, IMHO, if you are basing your decision about whether or not to cruise based on Karaoke, perhaps you should contact Carnival directly (not sure who--special events???) or maybe John Heald himself to ask (on his blog or Facebook). Karaoke schedules/venues seem like things that are highly subject to change, and if it is as important to you as it sounds, you might want to get the info directly from them.

Thanks for this advice, "brklyn78." Much obliged.

For full disclosure purposes, I've never been on the Pride - yet. However, previous (12-15) Carvinal cruises, the draft beer is only served at the Atrium bar. On the Pride, that would be the Promenade Deck or Deck 2 where the Purser's Desk is located. BTW, I have yet to find a tapper at the Sports Bar on any cruise ship or line, go figure.

On John Heald's blog, he posted the FunTimes (they aren't called capers anymore) from the Pride. I think they are from July. You should be able to find it through google. He posts both itineraries, so note which one you are looking for.

Sorry to have to bug you again, "brklyn78." Using google, we found Pride "Fun Times" on the John Heald blog for one or two itineraries involving the Bahamas. However, we could not find a set of "Fun Times" for the Pride's recurring Bermuda itinerary. A commenter on the blog post relaying the Bahamas' FTs requested those for Bermuda, but she did not receive a reply. We also tried doing a further search at the blog, but without sucess.

Could you or someone else provide a link to a 2011 Pride Bermuda-cruise set of "Fun Times," or does such a set not exist on the Internet?

Many thanks!

Sorry to have to bug you again, "brklyn78." Using google, we found Pride "Fun Times" on the John Heald blog for one or two itineraries involving the Bahamas. However, we could not find a set of "Fun Times" for the Pride's recurring Bermuda itinerary. A commenter on the blog post relaying the Bahamas' FTs requested those for Bermuda, but she did not receive a reply. We also tried doing a further search at the blog, but without sucess.

Could you or someone else provide a link to a 2011 Pride Bermuda-cruise set of "Fun Times," or does such a set not exist on the Internet?

Many thanks!

I think that since Carnival only has one or two more calls in Bermuda before they pull out of the port they probably didn't publish them. There may be someone here that has them. Keep in mind the Fun Times aren't anything set in stone. They can change from week to week and definitely between different cruise directors.

However, we could not find a set of "Fun Times" for the Pride's recurring Bermuda itinerary.

Oh, I haven't seen that one, and since it only happens once a year, I imagine it would be tough to find online. I go back to my original rec and suggest asking carnival/Heald.

For others:

Fort Canaveral/Nassau/Freeport

Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport

About beer and karaoke...I also found the tasty frog beer (or whatever it's called) at the serenity bar. I liked it better at the Atrium bar because you get it in a glass glass not a plastic (and smaller looking) glass at Serenity.

The only other thing I remember about Pride karaoke is that they had it every day and I believe they had two versions, one being adult only. I also remember that it was not always at the same time each day so you really have to keep up with your Fun Times.

On our 9/25 cruise it was listed as follows...

Sunday night 9:45pm in Starry Nights

Monday 8:30PM Starry Nights

Tuesday - 4pm-6pm in Florentines then 7:30 in Starry Nights.

Wednesday - at 7:30pm in Butterflies, and then at 10pm in Butterflies it is SuperStar Karaoke with with a live band

Thursday - regular Karaoke at 7:30pm, SuperStar Karaoke at 8:30pm & 12am [all] in Butterflies

Friday - 4-5 Florentines then 8:30PM Starry Nights

Saturday - no karaoke listed.

Hope that helps!

**By the way Starry Nights is the smoking lounge so expect smokers and or smoke odors. **

We went to one night of karaoke in Starry Nights and the smoke did not bug me, and the people performing were really great.

Hello, and welcome home!

Could you please tell us where karaoke sessions take place on the Pride? (All in the same place, or in multiple venues?)

At least one past passengers has said that karaoke sessions occur on six (or all seven) nights of a week-long cruise? Is that true?

Some have said that karaoke sessions occur in the afternoon (maybe two hours) and in the evening (maybe three hours), even both on the same day. Is that true?

Many thanks.

Archived