Report from QE in Caribbean

shinyshoes

Sun shines sweetly in cerulean sky,

Ship slips swiftly, silently, smoothly

Through sparkling, sussurating, saphire sea.

Simple sailor Shiny, sits, sips and savours.

Settles and sighs supremely satisfied.

Shiny.

Uh Oh! Looks like Shiny's been hitting the Commodore Club again!

J

Shiny.

Such style, surely something simmers sub surface?

Shiny.

Splendid!:)

If this was on FB, I'd give it a major "like" !! ;)

Hi Vic. Haven't seen you around in ages. Funny, very often I go to hit the "like" button myself and realize I am in the wrong place.

Shinyshoes, love your post. Right up my alley.

Jeanne

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas decrations are appearing as of yesterday, Sunday. Cunard are easing us into the festive season very gently. The odd carol was slipped into the broadcast music beginning about 5 days ago. Last night we had carols from the harpist during dinner. Christmas trees are very plain, just white lights, no gaudy baubles for Cunard. EnRoute to Maderia, wx fine.

SS

Re the Christmas decorating. It proceeds apace, but the trees have, after all, been decorated with baubles. But the decorators are working to a theme and the trees look really nice. The main tree is going up as I write. All the balustrades and balconey edges have garlands of pine with little white lights. The decorating is not being done by the crew, a special team boarded in St. Martin from an American company. They wear Tshirts saying 'Holiday Decorators'. The big tree is just outside this room and is about 15 feet high. Sorry I can't post any pictures. CWC cocktail party was at 11.30 this am. Dress elegant casual.

SS

Re the Christmas decorating. It proceeds apace, but the trees have, after all, been decorated with baubles. But the decorators are working to a theme and the trees look really nice. The main tree is going up as I write. All the balustrades and balconey edges have garlands of pine with little white lights. The decorating is not being done by the crew, a special team boarded in St. Martin from an American company. They wear Tshirts saying 'Holiday Decorators'. The big tree is just outside this room and is about 15 feet high. Sorry I can't post any pictures. CWC cocktail party was at 11.30 this am. Dress elegant casual.

SS

Shiny, man! I'm getting seriously concerned about your mental health. You are showing disturbing signs and symptoms of catching something that I believe is called "The festive spirit".

Dr Jimmy prescribes two bottles of Pol Acker to be downed as rapidly as possible on an empty stomach. That should get you back on restore your pre-frontal "Bah Humbug" cortex to full working order :eek::D

J

Shiny, man! I'm getting seriously concerned about your mental health. You are showing disturbing signs and symptoms of catching something that I believe is called "The festive spirit".

Dr Jimmy prescribes two bottles of Pol Acker to be downed as rapidly as possible on an empty stomach. That should get you back on restore your pre-frontal "Bah Humbug" cortex to full working order :eek::D

J

Oh come on Jim, TWO bottles of Pol Acker, that's a little on the harsh side!:eek::D

Serious diseases call for serious remedies. Once he gets those down his neck, the festive season will be over before he recovers. Job done. :cool:

J

Maybe, but it will be the next festive season before his stomach lining regenerates., I think cruel is the word!:rolleyes:

J

James, I'm completely surrounded by Christmas now. Trees by the dozen, wreaths, garlands, baubles lights, lights, lights, carols carolling out of every speaker but as yet no Santa hats have been spotted, I live in daily expectation. The Pol A. still lurks in the fridge looking resentfully at me every time I get the Gin out.

Maderia tomorrow, then England Home and Beauty.

SS.

James, I'm completely surrounded by Christmas now. Trees by the dozen, wreaths, garlands, baubles lights, lights, lights, carols carolling out of every speaker but as yet no Santa hats have been spotted, I live in daily expectation. The Pol A. still lurks in the fridge looking resentfully at me every time I get the Gin out.

Maderia tomorrow, then England Home and Beauty.

SS.

SS QM2 is north-west of you but is having an interesting time, 25 foot waves and a force 10 breeze. Hope the QE handles what you encounter well.

SS QM2 is north-west of you but is having an interesting time, 25 foot waves and a force 10 breeze. Hope the QE handles what you encounter well.

Heard from a staff member onboard that the waves are enormous. Ship's track looks like it was diverted farther south at first and how is coming a bit north. Sounds exciting.

Archived