Specialty Dining - Specials after prepaying?

bugsy43

Hi There,

I'm hoping some recent cruisers that may have run into this situation can clarify something for us.

We are sailing on the Silhouette soon and prebooked (and with Celebrity have to Prepay) 2 specialty dining reservations at the full $40.00pp surcharge(each).

I've read in some recent reviews of specials being offered on board (i.e. Buy one get one free, or 20% off, or special packages of 3 or 5.

When we get on board, can we apply our prepaid reservations to one of the discounted offers or packages or are we pretty much stuck with what we have paying regular price for the privilege of havving had the ability to prebook our preferred date/time?

Just wondering.. Thanks so much. :)

I know of several people who had a single pre-paid reservation and then were able to apply that to the 3 or 5 package deal. I think what matters is whether or not you are increasing overall. For example, if you have two reservations pre-paid and they offer a 2 for 1 special on board, they might not convert you to the deal. You may have to cancel both reservations (assuming you're doing so early enough to be refunded) and then re-book.

If they don't let you take advantage of the discount, I would be upset.

It's more of the treatment passengers get who book way in advance, and then when the ship offers deep discounts to last minute bookings, they are only for 'new bookings only'.:(

If they don't let you take advantage of the discount, I would be upset.

It's more of the treatment passengers get who book way in advance, and then when the ship offers deep discounts to last minute bookings, they are only for 'new bookings only'.:(

Obviously you have the right to be upset if you wish. But you have two at least three good options.

1. Keep the prime times that you have already booked and pay the regular charge (pre paid).

2. Cancel your currrent reservation and make another reservation and hopefully get the same time.

3. Cancel your current reservation and get a reservation at whatever time is available just like everyone else that it taking advantage of special prices for whatever is still open.

Seems very fair to me.

When Celebrity offers special deals in an attempt to fill up during slow times do you really expect them to give everyone that has the new reservations even at prime times the same price. If they did this they would be better off just leaving the table empty.

Hi There,

I'm hoping some recent cruisers that may have run into this situation can clarify something for us.

We are sailing on the Silhouette soon and prebooked (and with Celebrity have to Prepay) 2 specialty dining reservations at the full $40.00pp surcharge(each).

I've read in some recent reviews of specials being offered on board (i.e. Buy one get one free, or 20% off, or special packages of 3 or 5.

When we get on board, can we apply our prepaid reservations to one of the discounted offers or packages or are we pretty much stuck with what we have paying regular price for the privilege of havving had the ability to prebook our preferred date/time?

On Solstice last summer, we had no problem converting our 3 prepaid specialty reservations into the package of 3. The credit due was posted to our onboard account, and we got to keep the dates/times that we had booked. This was actually done immediately after check-in and before we got on board, at the Specialty Dining Sales table set up in the terminal. I'm sure it could be taken care of once you're on board as well.

Enjoy your cruise :)

You will have no problem getting the special. After you board the Matre'd will be outside the buffet area solociting folks for the speciality restaurants. Just give him you name and cabin number, tell him what you booked prior to boarding and you should be all set.

We were on the Solstice in the Fall and already had prebooked 3 of the Specialty restaurants. We noticed the table offering the 3 restaurant special after checkin. They had no problem converting our already booked reservations to the special price and giving us a refund for the difference. We were able to keep our already booked reservations.

Hi There,

Just got off the Silhouette and have reservation at Qusine when we found out about the 2 for one special, I canceled our pre-booked reservation they credit it back to your on board account and they just charged me 40.00 for both meals

Question - we have booked 3 different specialty restaurants on Silhouette. Qsine, Lawn Club and Tuscan. Will they consider all 3 of these restaurants? Sometimes they want you to do Murano also and we want to skip that this time around.

Thanks.

Pat

If we don't pre-book the specialy meal, what are the prospects of getting a reservation on board the ship?

After two cruises, my gut feeling is that you can get a reservation fairly easy.

I think that if you are willing to compromise getting a reservation would be easy. We pre book if there is a specific date we want to dine in the specialty restaurant but on out upcoming cruise with 10 sea days will wait until we board to book a package since we are not celebrating anything on a specific date.

Mary Lou

Archived