Free Cayo Levancato beach from NCL info

tbmrt

we were in Samana last December on Royal Caribbean. Cayo was a paid excursion, and those who did not pay were left on their own in a very poor stop.

I applaud NCL and hope Royal would follow suit. BTW, we're taking this same trip next year, and I specifically picked a route without Samana - no more for us, once was more than enough.

Correct, Cayo Levantado contracts their own "fast" tenders and the ship uses life boats to tender people in to Samana.

I took pictures of these 'fast tenders' when we went last year... they're no more than open washbuckets with seats! :p;)

So if we go early to get our ticket, do we then leave the ship immediately afterward? (wondering if I should go wait for ticket, leave DH in the cabin and go retrieve him to depart the ship.)

Barbara

It is normally a while after they distribute the tickets before they start calling numbers, so you will have time to get hubby from the cabin if you don't dawdle around after you get your tickets.

I have always read and been told that you gather your party together when you are ready to go ashore and then proceed together to get your tender tickets.

That is what they say, but you will still have a few minutes if you get your tickets early. Different CD's may do it different, but the last few cruises I have made they ask one person to get tickets for the enitre party rather than having hundreds of people in line.

Just off the Dawn today and took advantage of the free Cayo tender. We went later in the day, as it was raining off and on all day and the tenders were near empty. Bonus for us. :)

Thanks for posting......how was your trip?

I'm in the final count down and I am interested in all things "DAWN".....

• 2 weeks later...

So we have had this excursion booked for a while now. So if it is still free for our 2/15 sailing on the Dawn, we will get an OBC for the amount we paid? And we loose our chance of being one of the first ones on the beach? I booked for the first tender out like we did for our crusise last year. Or do the people who booked prior to the sailing still get first dibs on getting there? Like free, but I'd rather pay and know that I get my choice of location.

we were in Samana last December on Royal Caribbean. Cayo was a paid excursion, and those who did not pay were left on their own in a very poor stop.

I applaud NCL and hope Royal would follow suit. BTW, we're taking this same trip next year, and I specifically picked a route without Samana - no more for us, once was more than enough.

I believe my husband and I, along with our family and friends cruising with us, would be in your "left on their own in a very poor stop" category.

Hmm...we went to the Caves and Mangroves the first time in Samana and had a BLAST!! It was a great day!

Second stop in Samana the next year...off to see the country of Samana and swim at the El Limon Waterfall. Another great day!! The country is beautiful...you just have to take the time to SEE!!

This is a poor country, which is why I applaud NCL and any other cruise line for trying to help them by bringing in tourist dollars.

Oh and guess what?? We will be back in Samana for a THIRD time...going whale watching and to the beach this time!!! Wanna bet I'll have a BLAST and an awesome time???? It's all in the attitude....

Cayo trip was still free, but people with early private excursions had problems getting an early tender since NCL had so many tenders going to Cayo and their own Samana excursions.

If you are in this predicament, the best thing to do is explain your situation to the Hotel Director or other officer the day before Samana. They will help you get an early tender.

We decided to take an ATV tour with Terry's Tours and it was the highlight of our cruise! Just got home yesterday and will write a review asap, but don't miss this if you are interested in seeing the real Samana and not just the area near the port which isn't pretty at all.

Barbara

Archived