What specialty restaurants are a must on Pearl?

The Hoff

Just ofof the Pearl and we ate every night in the Indigo Dining Room. The food was good but what kept bringing us back was Nigel the dining supervisor who would help us with special orders and Jessica who was a terrific server. We ate one night in La Cucina (Italian) and our meal was fabulous. Papa Hari is the manager and this is his last contract with NCL...he retires in Feb. Tell him you've heard he has the best restaurant and you'll probably get some fabulous antipasti! One of our diners needs gluten free food and he was treated like royalty everywhere we ate. In the Summer Garden Cafeteria style restaurant we particularly loved the Indian entrees and rices. Bakery items were to die for as were Eggs Benedict and Florentine at breakfast. Enjoy!

Isn't Jessica an absolute sweatheart. We ran into her again on our last Pearl cruise several weeks ago. She hugged my wife and remembered us from our PC cruise. She is just one of many of the NCL crews that I love so much.

I am interested in everyones opinion on what are the best specialty restaurants on the Pearl. We will be a party of six and I would like to try to spend specialty money wisely. Thanks!!

If course this is a matter of opinion, but, if, you are talking all adults I would opt for Le Bistro..

NIta

To add to this comment, there's a time restriction for when you can make your dining reservations, based on the cabin you're cruising in. Suites can book for the whole week upon boarding, so if you have someone in your group that is cruising in a suite, get them to make the reservations. :)

We were able to book our specialty reservations for the entire week immediately after boarding, and we were not in a suite, although I might add, we were only making reservations for two.

We stopped at the Guest Services desk on our way to the Summer Palace for our embarkation lunch and asked if it was possible to do so at that time. We booked Le Bistro, Cagney's an Teppanyaki.

Of the three, we liked Cagney's the best. Le Bistro was very good... and their mushroom soup & creme brule are to die for. We enjoyed Teppanyaki as well, however, the chefs (at both grills) used way too much garlic for our tastes. So much so that the fried rice was unpalatable... hardly anyone at our table ate it, although the rest of the meal was great. A very pleasant surprise was the Green Tea Cake & Ice Cream... it doesn't look visually appealing, but the taste is out of this world.

We enjoyed the food in each of the venues on board.

I am interested in everyones opinion on what are the best specialty restaurants on the Pearl. We will be a party of six and I would like to try to spend specialty money wisely. Thanks!!

One of the nicest places on the Pearl to eat breakfast is the open deck area at the stern of the ship. Walk all the way back through the Garden Terrace and you will find it. The serving line there often has "better" selections than the inside area and it is a lovely and peaceful place to start the day.

Archived