What specialty restaurants are a must on Pearl?

The Hoff

It depends on what you want to eat. The TexMex is good at only $10, but isn't the upscale atmosphere of LeBistro and Cagneys. Either of those two are good, depending on what you like to eat, but $20 or $25, or more depending on what you order. The italian is good at only $10 (I think). Reaally no good answer since we all have different tastes in food. Shoot...try several.

I am glad that LadyShiva loves the Sushi bar. For us, the Sushi Bar is the LAST place we would pick.

This shows why this sort of question is difficult to answer and many answers are useless..

Neither of us is wrong, or right. Just different.

I am interested in everyones opinion on what are the best specialty restaurants on the Pearl. We will be a party of six and I would like to try to spend specialty money wisely. Thanks!!

The Hoff, Lebistro is always good, and the Tex-Mex while not a gourmet restaurant is not that bad for the price. I did not try Cagneys when I was on the Pearl as I am from the midwest and we have good steak houses here so its not as big as treat as some of the others. The Italian restaurant was also not bad on the Pearl, not great, but definitely worth the price.

The Hoff, Lebistro is always good, and the Tex-Mex while not a gourmet restaurant is not that bad for the price. I did not try Cagneys when I was on the Pearl as I am from the midwest and we have good steak houses here so its not as big as treat as some of the others. The Italian restaurant was also not bad on the Pearl, not great, but definitely worth the price.

I agree 100%. Le Bistro is our favorite by far (adults and older kids, not great for younger kids). Tex Mex and Italian while not fantastic are not bad for the price - good for families. Cagney's overrated and overpriced for us.

I will add that Teppanyaki can be fun, entertaining, and the food is good - but overpriced to me - we have several local places that do a better show and serve better food for the same or less price (not as an "upcharge"). It is a good place to dine as a group, though, and good for a special occasion with kids if you don't mind the price or have nothing like it near your home - make reservations as soon as you board! We also like the sushi and/or Asian restaurants on board, nothing special but good for the price.

Robin

I am glad that LadyShiva loves the Sushi bar. For us, the Sushi Bar is the LAST place we would pick.

This shows why this sort of question is difficult to answer and many answers are useless..

Neither of us is wrong, or right. Just different.

No worries. It's an emotional pick for me, too, not just a financial one. The sushi chefs got my kid eating after we returned from the Cozumel ER, where she had been checked out for appendicitis. They fed her slab after slab of plain salmon until she said enough. Bear in mind, the 2 wonderful chefs allocated a side of the food preparation area JUST to her meal, as she's allergic to shellfish. (Yes, we came right as they opened, tipped accordingly, and were the only ones there for quite a while.)

I can't say enough about the service we received from them! They made what was an absolutely awful day a fond memory today! :)

Shuhi........YUK! But........if you like it, understand it's good, with price now based on what ordered. Is that correct?

Right. :) It will end up being cheaper for us than the cover charge, and we'll probably order more rolls... Now it will end up being appetizers for the nights we try out the other restaurants. I admit it, I've never made it to Le Bistro due to DH's allergy to milk. I know, heresy!!! *laughing*

The feedback is appreciated. Should we make all reservations as soon as we embark?

Except for Teppanyak, which has very limited seating and is always full, the rest of them are seldom full or even crowded. I've never made a reservation for any of them, just walked up. However, with a larger group you probably should. But I don't think you would have to rush to do so, with the day you wish to eat there being plenty soon.

Except for Teppanyaki, which has very limited seating and is always full, the rest of them are seldom full or even crowded. I've never made a reservation for any of them, just walked up. However, with a larger group you probably should. But I don't think you would have to rush to do so, with the day you wish to eat there being plenty soon.

To add to this comment, there's a time restriction for when you can make your dining reservations, based on the cabin you're cruising in. Suites can book for the whole week upon boarding, so if you have someone in your group that is cruising in a suite, get them to make the reservations. :)

LeBistro -- ate there twice on the Pearl.

Also enjoyed the Tex Mex place -- really liked the margarita that they gave you with the meal. It was small but we ordered more.

Italian -- good value and lots of food.

I don't care for Cagneys @$25 a pop.

Teppanayki is a must do for us but it does cost more -- $25. Fun and good food.

Just off the Pearl & possibly because we were 19 the service at both the Italian & French was terrible & Cagney`s as outstanding which was possibly the reason I liked that restaurant the best. The best course in the Italian was the soup, the osso bouco would have been good if not doused in a very heavy gravy, but after waiting over 2 hrs. with halve our group eating the the other halve being bored that could be the problem. In the French, being the host, we were served last with cold entree`s. The MDR Sun Palace has a great Maitre`D Faisal & never had a problem, he couldn`t bo enough for everyone & always with a smile & name recognition.

For my DW and I, Le Bistro is the best. I ate there for my 30th birthday as we sailed away from Maui (not on the Pearl). Have gone back several other times since then and I will be celebrating my 35th birthday at Le Bistro next week sailing from Grand Cayman.

For the atmosphere, the Italian restaurant is great, if you can get an outside table on a warm night with a breeze. We had a great meal our last night on the Pearl last January.

We liked Cagney's for what is was, a steakhouse. The TexMex was awful. I heard good things about Tepanyaki's, but we didn't go, as we frequent our local hibachi place quite often.

Happy cruising!

Stacey

As others have said, it's going to vary based on your own preferences.

Cagney's is almost always a "must" for us.

LeBistro is okay, but for the life of me, I certainly don't understand the fuss. We typically don't bother with LeBistro, although I guess we will now that we're Platinum.

Tex Mex has usually been good. The Italian has been hit or miss, and I mean big miss once.

I did enjoy the Best of All lunch, so maybe that's an option to consider if you don't mind paying for a specialty lunch and can fit it in on the day it's offered.

I am interested in everyones opinion on what are the best specialty restaurants on the Pearl. We will be a party of six and I would like to try to spend specialty money wisely. Thanks!!

La Cucina (Italian) has salmon pizza. It is excellent.

The sushi bar was great! It would be a hard choice for a fav between there and Le Bistro.

But, you have to try the lobster taco at Tex-Mex :D

As this thread confirms, there is no best restaurant...because of our individual tastes in food. Oh...yea...the lobster tacos were great. The guacamole made at the table, great. And...yes I know it is available at every chain Mexican restaurant everywhere...but the fajitas had the best flavored and most tender chicken I've ever had. For ten bucks, I thought all was good at the Tex Mex.

Just ofof the Pearl and we ate every night in the Indigo Dining Room. The food was good but what kept bringing us back was Nigel the dining supervisor who would help us with special orders and Jessica who was a terrific server. We ate one night in La Cucina (Italian) and our meal was fabulous. Papa Hari is the manager and this is his last contract with NCL...he retires in Feb. Tell him you've heard he has the best restaurant and you'll probably get some fabulous antipasti! One of our diners needs gluten free food and he was treated like royalty everywhere we ate. In the Summer Garden Cafeteria style restaurant we particularly loved the Indian entrees and rices. Bakery items were to die for as were Eggs Benedict and Florentine at breakfast. Enjoy!

Archived