Question about insuring cruise only

cuyahoga11

Depends on who I'm buying the policy from and what coverages I'm purchasing.

Some policies require you to cover the full amount to include refundable deposits, fees, and taxes to cover certain benefits.

I am looking at Access America and I cant find anything in their policy one way or another. The cost of the policy is the same if I include them or not

I am looking at Access America and I cant find anything in their policy one way or another. The cost of the policy is the same if I include them or not

Looking at one Access America plan there's this:

"Pre-Existing medical condition coverage

Your plan includes this coverage. You , a traveling companion or family member can have an existing medical condition and you will still be eligible for all coverage and assistance services, as long as:

• you purchased your plan within 14 days of making your first trip payment or first trip deposit

• you purchased trip cancellation coverage that covers the full cost of all your nonrefundable trip arrangements

• you were a U.S. resident and medically able to travel on the day you purchased the plan , and

• the total cost of your trip is $50,000 per person or less."

So if you need the pre-existing condition coverage you would have to insure any non-refundable trip costs. It's up to you to determine beforehand what's non-refundable and what isn't so be sure you get it right. If the cruise line will refund the taxes then you don't have to include them but as 6rugrats said, if there's no additional cost just include them and don't worry about it. Remember to insure your airfare also (if any).

If this was me, I would contact Access America to get the information directly from the source.

Keith

Be aware that many (if not all) travel insurance policies set their premiums in increments of $500, meaning a trip that costs $1001 will have the same premium price as a trip that costs $1499 because its within the same $500 'step'.

This is probably why the premium is the same if you include those fees or not...you're still in the same 'step'.

Archived