First Glimpse of the Ship

Sylphy

First cruise for 6 of us (well, my sister had taken a cruise on spring break in college over 20 years before, so she didn't remember too much about that one!), but we were all yacking in the taxi van a mile a minute - we pulled off the ramp in Baltimore and there you could see the Pride!!!! It stopped all of us talking immediately - just in total awe of seeing it! None of us even thought of taking a picture then - we were just taking it all in. We did take some when we got out of the taxi, but they're not on this computer.

In less than 50 days, we're going to have that same first time feeling again when 8 of us board the Conquest in New Orleans!

Found this one from our first cruise in '96. Enchanted Isle/Commodore Cruise Line Docked in NOLA!

[ATTACH]214899[/ATTACH]

We sailed on her and her sister ship when they were the "Bermuda Star" and the "Queen of Bermuda" !! Now those were CLASSY ships from the old days of cruising. Wish they were still around as oppposed to the mega ships.

I've loved reading everyone's stories & viewing the photos! :)

We chose a hotel for our last cruise hoping that we would see the ship from our hotel room. EARLY that next morning, we were awoken from a sound sleep as our 9yo comes running in from the balcony yelling, "Does our ship have a big tail on it?!" We all jumped out of bed & went running out to see the Carnival Elation coming into port, all lit up beautifully in the dark! She went up the canal, turned around & came back. After she docked, we got a great pic of the kids on the balcony with Elation behind them. :)

185580_209553349096454_100001253727543_626871_7731353_n.jpg

Carnival Elation

Mobile AL

September 2010

I've loved reading everyone's stories & viewing the photos! :)

We chose a hotel for our last cruise hoping that we would see the ship from our hotel room. EARLY that next morning, we were awoken from a sound sleep as our 9yo comes running in from the balcony yelling, "Does our ship have a big tail on it?!" We all jumped out of bed & went running out to see the Carnival Elation coming into port, all lit up beautifully in the dark! She went up the canal, turned around & came back. After she docked, we got a great pic of the kids on the balcony with Elation behind them. :)

185580_209553349096454_100001253727543_626871_7731353_n.jpg

Carnival Elation

Mobile AL

September 2010

That is soooo cute. Definitely worth the early morning wake up call! :D

There is nothing like riding up to see your first ship's peak..or your first view out the hotel room..or your first fly into a city or place you have never been...drive up to the hotel...it is all just wonderful..great thread and those old elegant nosed ships are fun and pretty..but ready for those creature comforts..my oldest was the Appollon II, Epirotiki, 3,824 tons, originally the Irish Coast (1953). I sailed on her in 1980, Greek Islands, Cairo and Jerusalem...one week. She went down in 1989 in a storm.

Through the eyes of a child or hard working Senior...just the thrill of and first eye glistening of rarely done journeys and newness in their glimpses..ahhhh...Sarah

We recently took our grand daughter on her second cruise....

In the first pic we told her to look over to the right....

erica1.jpg

Now she sees the ship.....

erica2.jpg

Love those pics together..

Haha, awesome!

I'm so glad you guys like this thread! It is helping me keep busy while I wait for my next cruise!

I'm so glad you guys like this thread! It is helping me keep busy while I wait for my next cruise!

I love it!!!! :D :D It's defiantly helping to keep me busy and make the time (seem to) fly by while I wait for my chance to take a "First Glimpse" pic of the Dream!!!! :D :D

18 (almost 17) DAYS, I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!! :D :D

Sent from my iPad

Archived