Taste of Nations in Buffet

noah53

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/taste_of_nations.htm

I see many Taste of Nations menus listed, is only one offered each day or several of them? Only planning on leaving the ship one day in port so will be dining in buffet for several days. Also is this info given out day early?

you will find the tastes of nations listed in the funtimes that you get the night before.

It will not list the menu-- but the theme. Having the menu handy so you know if its a must or not.

There is a different taste of nations every day...

oh and that chocalate extra--is done on the last sea day---

Taste of nations is lunch time only-11:30 -2:30

Those were collected from a number of cruises. Carnival seems to be less adventuresome these days and sometimes repeats Taste of Nations on a cruise. If the Fun Times left you your stateroom the night before, you can see what the next days theme will be.

Examples (hours depend on whether in port or not):

At sea:

ft_2_5.jpg

In port:

ft_4_5.jpg

I wish they would get rid of the "American" day. It's not like you can't get that at any time of day or night what with room service and the burgers/pizza stations. I am an adventuresome eater and love to try new things, especially if I don't like it for some reason I can get something else and not have to worry eating it anyway because I don't want to pay for something else. On my last cruise the one I really wanted to try was on a day that we were going to be off the ship all day.

Wow. I never really thought I was that picky until I looked over several different days and saw nothing or only one thing that sounded like I would eat it. Guess I won't be hitting taste of the nations too much. I probably will walk over there though, maybe some of the things look better than they sound. The funny thing is that I like things that I would consider Italian, Greek, Caribbean, Creole and French food but most of the things I like were not on there. The good thing about Carnival is there is not a shortage of places to eat if you are apparently not adventurous, like me.

Just curious, this is somewhat related. On the Mexican Riviera cruise they throw like a mexican buffett party the night before our first port of call. Do they do something similar for other cruises. For example, is there a like a carribean food party the night before the first poc for an Eastern or Western carribean cruise? Just curious

Just curious, this is somewhat related. On the Mexican Riviera cruise they throw like a mexican buffett party the night before our first port of call. Do they do something similar for other cruises. For example, is there a like a carribean food party the night before the first poc for an Eastern or Western carribean cruise? Just curious

Every Carnival cruise I have ever been on has a Mexican buffet one night, regardless of the itinerary.

Wow, thats amazing. I guess its because there is at least 1 stop in a mexican port. I wonder if they do the same for their europe/mediterranean cruises.

Nope. Even cruises that go nowhere near Mexico (Eastern, Bahamas, etc.) have a Mexican buffet. Maybe because it is cheap and easy, or most people like Mexican food? Your guess is as good as mine! :confused:

Those were collected from a number of cruises. Carnival seems to be less adventuresome these days and sometimes repeats Taste of Nations on a cruise. If the Fun Times left you your stateroom the night before, you can see what the next days theme will be.

Examples (hours depend on whether in port or not):

It seems that way doesn't. On the Med we didn't make most lunch meals because of being in port. There's a lot of Nations out there that don't seem to be represented. Maybe a German day with Fest food or a South American day. Too many think that Mexico covers it. Not so sure I would want an English but the Brit/Irish would be nice. Might even see some Spotted Dick. :eek:

BTW thanks for posting this, I know the ships have the Mongokian grill, but too bad they don't have an Indian day, or Chinese day, Japanese Day, Malasian Day.

The Asian Day is usually a mix of Chinese and Japanese. The Pride has an Asian line everyday with a good mix of the entire region. :) I had lunch there most days on the last Pride cruise and I'm looking forward to it again next year.(makes up for the so so ports) :D

Wow, thats amazing. I guess its because there is at least 1 stop in a mexican port. I wonder if they do the same for their europe/mediterranean cruises.

On Splendor we had a Mexican buffet after we left Portugal.

Carnival Magic had deck parties but no buffets of any kind in conjunction with them, on the Med cruises.

you will find the tastes of nations listed in the funtimes that you get the night before.

It will not list the menu-- but the theme. Having the menu handy so you know if its a must or not.

There is a different taste of nations every day...

oh and that chocalate extra--is done on the last sea day---

Taste of nations is lunch time only-11:30 -2:30

On the Splendor last week, the Taste of Nations on the last sea day was Italian, otherwise it was Caribbean everyday.

Archived