Carnival deal on Today Show Steals and Deals

missdebi

so i'm flying out for my cruise tonight, and i called to confirm the hotel, and was told it was cancelled due to non payment by DVI. Love this deal =/

Im sorry to hear about the hotel falling thru.. without the hotel the deal isnt what they promised or as good.

I click on the site posted and have to keep clicking through and get nothing. Where on here should I go to?

You mean the link from last December 2011 .. it was a one day deal on tv.

just glad the cruise didn't get cancelled :) Then I'd have an even bigger problem!

I am glad too .. just try to go on the cruise and enjoy it and not worry about what you couldnt control or fix beforehand.

Im sorry it wasnt what was promised .. but put that behind you and go and have a great cruise.

I spammed like 15 different emails this morning about the hotel, got a response...

"Henry,

I am working on securing new confirmation numbers from our reservations supervisor at this time. He has told me it will be provided shortly.

Thank you,

Jeff"

I'm hopeful :D Will hold off on pricelining a hotel until tomorrow morning.

There's a poster on the Carnival Funville site that purchased the same sort of deal from Eversave - sorta like Living Social. Yuppa - the deal was thru the same TA

They had a heckuva time getting their cruise booked and still trying to get their hotel booked. The one thing that really jumped out at me was that she stated she paid an extra $160 to get 'separate beds' because all the room with the separate beds were taken. ?!?!?!?!?!

When I looked at the deal (from April of this year) the certificate they bought was for a 4A room!! Sounds like someone got shafted royally! :eek::eek::eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I spammed like 15 different emails this morning about the hotel, got a response...

"Henry,

I am working on securing new confirmation numbers from our reservations supervisor at this time. He has told me it will be provided shortly.

Thank you,

Jeff"

I'm hopeful :D Will hold off on pricelining a hotel until tomorrow morning.

Did the hotel get worked out?

yea, instead of the downtown hilton, i got put in a spring hill suites in a really ghetto part of miami =/ better than nothing though.

At least its not a terrible hotel .. just take a taxi and stay safe.

Let us know when you get back how it all went.

Has anyone used this for New Orleans.... I am wondering what kind of hotel I will get there?

We have "booked" a hotel in New Orleans, the Plaza Suite Hotel (or similar) we don't cruise until Feb 2013. We have booked and paid the taxes but have not gotten a confirmation from the hotel. We may not get one until 36 hours prior to our arrival date.

This hotel was the only choice we had in New Orleans.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
We have "booked" a hotel in New Orleans, the Plaza Suite Hotel (or similar) we don't cruise until Feb 2013. We have booked and paid the taxes but have not gotten a confirmation from the hotel. We may not get one until 36 hours prior to our arrival date.

This hotel was the only choice we had in New Orleans.

Did you get your hotel? I went from Miami early March and never received hotel confirmations.

The Today Show is offering a Carnival deal through it's Steals and Deals promotion~http://hip2save.com/2011/12/16/steals-and-deals-flowers-steaks-carnival-cruises-and-more/

You can get a 4 night cruise with 2 night hotel for $549.00, could be a good deal depending on the time of year it is used.

I should have checked the date of the first post.:( I just signed into the link only to find out it has been sold out a long long long time ago. Phooey to me.

Archived