Carnival deal on Today Show Steals and Deals

missdebi

The Today Show is offering a Carnival deal through it's Steals and Deals promotion~http://hip2save.com/2011/12/16/steals-and-deals-flowers-steaks-carnival-cruises-and-more/

You can get a 4 night cruise with 2 night hotel for $549.00, could be a good deal depending on the time of year it is used.

It seems to be total for 2 people and includes port fees - it is a 4A cabin. We just paid $319 pp incl port fees & taxes for our Thanksgiving cruise for a 4G cabin. If you look at 4day cruises they are rather cheap- the weeks before ours (non holiday sailings) were less than $200.00 pp so you can get good deals on the short cruises.

However - this also includes 2 night hotel stay for pre/ post cruise in your port city.

Read through the fine print - it IS for 2 people. NOT a bad deal at all depending on what time of year you normally travel since the 2 days hotel included, BUT it doesn't mention what the hotel options are, so you have no way of knowing if you'd end up in a dump or not.

Read through the fine print - it IS for 2 people. NOT a bad deal at all depending on what time of year you normally travel since the 2 days hotel included, BUT it doesn't mention what the hotel options are, so you have no way of knowing if you'd end up in a dump or not.

Good point...likely the hotel would not be at the level of a Westin so whatever hotel is packaged in the deal, it should be checked out using something like tripadvisor.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Wish it was the 5 day instead of the 4 day if I have to travel that far.

I wish it was a 7 day ...

The FAQ's do say that you can upgrade to a 5 or 7 day cruise as well... doesn't say how much extra $$$ though.

You can also upgrade room categories as well.

Good point...likely the hotel would not be at the level of a Westin so whatever hotel is packaged in the deal, it should be checked out using something like tripadvisor.

If you picked say NOLA as your port, there are no hotels in the french qtr that I would say are bad.

Would they give you a hotel necessarily close to the port?? Im semi considering this.

Says click here to buy or for more info .. no more info, just a place to put in the code.

If you picked say NOLA as your port, there are no hotels in the french qtr that I would say are bad.

Would they give you a hotel necessarily close to the port?? Im semi considering this.

Says click here to buy or for more info .. no more info, just a place to put in the code.

Enter the code, then it takes you to a page with tons of info

i just purchashed it...my thoughts were...living in houston $549 is CHEAP...although I rather take a five day, 4 days out of galveston and nola are more expensive...throw in 2 days hotel and it becomes a 6 day vacation. wish it were out of galveston since I only live 30 minutes away. There are block out dates, i'm sure, but much easier to get away thursday to monday than mon to sat or sat to thurs. if i lived in Florida I do not think it would be such a great deal since 2 can cruise for under $400. I know i have done 4 day sensation 4g for $385 taxes included.

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't sound that great to me.

Its for 2 people also includes port taxes...as i said above good deal if chosing nola not so much if chosing florida... cruises out of fla are cheap....lots of competition usually half that of nola and galveston

Its for 2 people also includes port taxes...as i said above good deal if chosing nola not so much if chosing florida... cruises out of fla are cheap....lots of competition usually half that of nola and galveston

port fees are included in all cruise fares. Maybe you mean it includes the add on taxes and fees?? (which are not port fees)

Galveston is not a choice, just NOLA, which is much cheaper than Galveston.

Id imagine the upgrades and changes are not discounted, full price, so if you dont like this deal, then I wouldnt buy it. (like those free cruises you get if you listen to a sales talk, which I went thru, the upgrades were not at any discount, same as if booking for full price).

I saw conquest for 7 days for 2nd sunday in Dec for $239 pp plus taxes and fees. Me thinks NOLA is having issues. Plus my group site, had tons of conquest cruises listed .. and canival would not have given those highly discounted days if NOLA was doing well.

My other issue is I book hotels that have free cruise parking .. so you would pay at least $12 per day to park probably with their hotel choice.

but for NOLA its still tempting. I dont mind where they put me. I did Elation twice this year.

Thanks i did not know port fees were included...guess I should have just disembarked from 8th carnival cruise 12/10. the deal does state $549 includes 4 day cruise, 2 nights hotel before or after cruise can be 1 before 1 after and all port fees and taxes. in the fine print it says 4a cabin. transportation and parking fees are not included. trip must be booked within 12 months and taken within 18 months. 90 day minimum notice to book and list all major holidays as limited availability. still think it is a great deal for me. maybe not everyone. plus elation was my 1st ship in 2004 and thus began the love affair. i also prefer the fantasy class ships. sorry not usually a rambler...lol

Thanks i did not know port fees were included...guess I should have just disembarked from 8th carnival cruise 12/10. the deal does state $549 includes 4 day cruise, 2 nights hotel before or after cruise can be 1 before 1 after and all port fees and taxes. in the fine print it says 4a cabin. transportation and parking fees are not included. trip must be booked within 12 months and taken within 18 months. 90 day minimum notice to book and list all major holidays as limited availability. still think it is a great deal for me. maybe not everyone. plus elation was my 1st ship in 2004 and thus began the love affair. i also prefer the fantasy class ships. sorry not usually a rambler...lol

Im still considering it too. Except I have Magic and Conquest booked next year, and conquest in 2013, plus jewel twice next spring .. might be hard to fit in another NOLA cruise.

Im having fits with the 11/25 NOLA booking, and been pulling out my hair on that one. currently Im paying $164 for the Holiday Inn cruise special at the airport .. cant get parking in french qtr, its some big foot ball game. .. or Id think about trying to make that one into a B2B with the 4 day.

I dont know if I want another NOLA booking to deal with Iv spent so much time this week on the 11/25 conquest booking. (stay123 booked me then cancelled me for HI superdome to start the week)

Im still considering it too. Except I have Magic and Conquest booked next year, and conquest in 2013, plus jewel twice next spring .. might be hard to fit in another NOLA cruise.

Im having fits with the 11/25 NOLA booking, and been pulling out my hair on that one. currently Im paying $164 for the Holiday Inn cruise special at the airport .. cant get parking in french qtr, its some big foot ball game. .. or Id think about trying to make that one into a B2B with the 4 day.

I dont know if I want another NOLA booking to deal with Iv spent so much time this week on the 11/25 conquest booking. (stay123 booked me then cancelled me for HI superdome to start the week)

NOLA is one of the ports I don't mind paying a little extra for terminal cruise parking because it's covered parking and the parking is in the same building as the terminal itself, making it a nearly effortless embarkation and debarkation. This is especially true during inclement weather.

WOW.... you are going to be busy driving back and forth...hope the hotel situation works out for you in nola...very frustrating i am sure.

WOW.... you are going to be busy driving back and forth...hope the hotel situation works out for you in nola...very frustrating i am sure.

The $164 HI airport deal includes them shuttling me to and from the port, 2 drinks, 2 breakfasts and cruise parking .. though I hate to pay that much. I only paid $99 for the cruise deal at HI superdome the last two times.

Im just on the wrong date it seems for the 11/25 with that football game right after thanksgiving. the whole week is blacked out from most french qtr hotels. HI superdome, is offering just the room and breakfast .. a guarantee room for $202. You dont get to pick the number of beds or smoking, you take whatever is left for that price .. thats how crazy prices are that date.

So right now Im up to "here" with NOLA bookings mess until it gave me a heachache. Im still waiting for stay123 to refund my $34 on the booking they cancelled they offered for $148 and could not fulfill.

iCouponOnline.com is offering a special voucher that you can use to purchase a Carnival Cruise trip.

The trip is for a four-day and four-night cruise that will leave from your choice of four ports, such as Miami, Port Canaveral, New Orleans and Long Beach, and head to destinations in either the Bahamas, the Western Caribbean, or Baja Mexico. This exclusive deal also includes hotel accommodations for two nights in one of the port cities to use before and after your trip.

After purchase of the voucher, you have 12 months to book and 18 months to sail on your cruise. You may cancel at anytime within 30 days of purchase, however, if you have already booked your cruise, you are subject to cancel penalties imposed by the cruise line which may include a complete forfeiture of any monies paid.

Transportation and airfare to and from your departure point and parking fees are the responsibility of each traveler.

You must be 21 years old to purchase the voucher, and there are some blackout dates. Please read the FAQ on their website for full details, conditions and restrictions.

PS I put up a thread in gulf ports departures, to see if anyone knew of a way to beat the $12 a day parking price for fulton, was there some place out by the airport with a shuttle to park .. not one reply. No one knows of cheaper parking.

I also dont think its worth going to NOLA for just 4 days. I would not go for less than 5, preferably 7.

Just me. but after looking at this .. Im going to pass on some unnamed hotel fr 2 days and 4 days of cruising.

for a moment i had a 'booking fantasy' - like i seriously had no plans for my next cruise and i came so close to booking this and surprising my husband until i saw what cabin you get, cant cruise without a balcony...wont do it...maybe a new booking will catch my eye...

Archived