Carnival Dream - 12/10/2011 - 12/17/2011

rtw68

Great review Randy! Maybe one day I will get to cruise the dream. The Andrew and I want to try out a cove balcony.

Thanks Nancy! A Cove sounds really cool. Hoping if we get another booked it will be a cove (would love to go on the Breeze in 2012). They are around $300-400 cheaper than the balcony we were in! Plus you can't beat that view!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for your review. I enjoyed it! Loved all the pics. All I know is, I'm soooo getting the lobster bisque at the steak house on our next cruise. I've seen several pics now & my mouth is watering. LOL! :)

It was INCREDIBLE! The brought out the bowl with a "donut" shaped piece of bread and two what I would call croutons. They then poured the bisque over that and the bread, bisque, and croutons were very good together.

Wish i could have brought 5 gallons of that home! :p

Thanks! Its nice to know we aren't the only ones. :) I highly recommend the Dream. :D

I can't stand entitled idiots that think the world revolves around them. If you asked them to mention ONE good thing about the cruise, they probably couldn't think of anything. :rolleyes:

I also added my review to the main Cruise Critic page and then read a very negative review from someone else about the SAME exact cruise we were on.

I swore that person was in another time dimension because we didn't notice ANY of the things they brought up as issues. :eek:

I just read that persons review....I honestly have no idea what ship they were on, because we, like you, had a great week. We did have an aft-wrap balcony room which was very nice.....but we had a great weeek. The Belize day, where our beach excursion got screwed up, there was some idiot screaming at the excursions manager about how awful the whole cruise was...worst service ever...yadda yadda yadda.....we did not have that experience.

...But here, in no particular order after the first couple,are some tips to avoid extreme long lines in food venues:

Have fun. Smile. Chat with fellow cruisers while waiting in line. You might make a new friend or learn something or help spread a rumor.:eek:

That was very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to write all that out.

This thread should be the "sticky" or guideline to how people should interact on a board. Best review, best interaction, I WANT TO CRUISE WITH ALL OF YOU!!!

Speaking of The Andrew how is he doing?

All the burns have healed up pretty well. Only the ones on his arms are visable. Mentally, he really isnt doing to well. I would imagine it is PTSD. Maybe a cruise would help. We are looking at February 25th out of Charleston again. Last minute booking when taxes come back in.

Thanks for asking!

Great Review! Quick and to the point. We sailed the dream in October, our 4th cruise. We too noticed more movement on the Dream then any other ship we've been on. I chalked it up to the seas, but I guess it could have been the size of her as well. Sounds like you guys has a great time. I must agree, A cruise, (or any vacation) is what you make of it. We had a great time, and of course, came home depresssed. We are taking a fast 4 night cruise in Feb to make ourselves feel better ;)

Enjoy the breeze! We are heading to the Allure in Oct 2013 for our 10th anniversary. We'll be back to carnival after that! Can't go wrong for the price!

Thank you for taking the time to post such an insightful and positive review! The pictures were great, I can hardly wait until we board next Saturday. I couldn't agree with you more regarding Carnival being the "best bang for the buck". We haven't been on a bad cruise yet and don't expect to ever be on one because of the out look we take with us:) Thanks again!

Thank you for taking the time to post such an insightful and positive review! The pictures were great, I can hardly wait until we board next Saturday. I couldn't agree with you more regarding Carnival being the "best bang for the buck". We haven't been on a bad cruise yet and don't expect to ever be on one because of the out look we take with us:) Thanks again!

Thanks for the kind words, hope you have a great cruise! :D

I'm hoping Santa will bring me some WCMC :rolleyes:

All the burns have healed up pretty well. Only the ones on his arms are visable. Mentally, he really isnt doing to well. I would imagine it is PTSD. Maybe a cruise would help. We are looking at February 25th out of Charleston again. Last minute booking when taxes come back in.

Thanks for asking!

A cruise is exactly what The Andrew (and The Nancy) need! :)

A bucket of beer and a lounge chair to relax. I hope you guys can go. :D

Great Review! My wife and I were on the same cruise. Most often at the Aft pool, the Punchliner or the VIP Spa..

100_0144.jpg

That's us in the lower left. I'm in the lounger and my wife Kim is in the chair :D

More pics from Friday, hope nobody is bored yet?! :rolleyes:

100_0276.jpg

This time, we were in the blue chairs on the right at the edge of the pool next top the shower (the aft pool, and Marhadi really were the most fun for us).

I forgot to mention that we did watch several trucks come through security, then get unloaded earlier in the day. They always had two dogs checking things over and they would "stamp" it with their approval. I'm assuming searching for drugs or explosives.

Could have been checking for food. A beagle had a hit on my wife on our first cruise when she forgot she had a banana in her purse. :-)

We are looking at the Dream in December also, I hope to be booking it before the end of the year. Which itinerary are you planning on?

• 3 weeks later...
Have a GREAT cruise! :D

We just booked a B2B on the Dream for its first cruise out of the USA. The countdown begins again for us... :eek:

Don't you mean the Breeze? :-)

Latanya and I are on the 11/24 sailing as well :-)

Edited by italianfemmy

• 4 weeks later...
I forgot to mention that we did watch several trucks come through security, then get unloaded earlier in the day. They always had two dogs checking things over and they would "stamp" it with their approval. I'm assuming searching for drugs or explosives.

They have it down to a science, that's for sure!

Fantastic review and photos. Thank you so much for all the information. We are fairly new to cruising as well and LOVE Carnival and are looking forward to our first cruise on the Dream this spring. Great job! Thanks again, for all the information.

Fantastic review and photos. Thank you so much for all the information. We are fairly new to cruising as well and LOVE Carnival and are looking forward to our first cruise on the Dream this spring. Great job! Thanks again, for all the information.

Thanks! Hope you have a great cruise! :D