Retreat or Lido Cabanas? Eurodam

dannymac41

It is rumored (I heard it again on N. Amsterdam last week) they will be adding them to the Vista class ships- on the Lido Deck, but when? Who knows.

Say it ain't so!

I wouldn't mind so much if they were located up above the Crow's Nest where hardly anyone hangs out during the day...

How many people can use a Retreat Cabana? We have six of us going but two are kids who I know will not use it other than a "home base" for the pool activities. Is a regular cabana suitable for four people?

Also...are there any special amenities that you receive in the cabanas?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked a Retreat Cabana for our cruise on the Eurodam in late March to the eastern carib. After reading some of the posts I am wondering is we have made a mistake. We are in a port side aft DV cabin so we have a large wraparound deck. I did not know they closed the retreat's for weather or lack of attendents. If it is closed does HAL refund any of our money? Perhaps with our large deck the cabana is not needed?

The weather should be pretty good in March but who knows?

TIA and Merry Christmas

Chris

The only mistake you would make is NOT booking one. Best service, best money we ever spend. if they are open then you will have amazing attendants. :) Only problem is I think a bad policy due to weather. If you can not use them, they should refund that portion... JMO.

• 1 month later...

My mom went on the Eurodam and got a family cabana in the retreat and loved it. Although, I am curious if they close down the area and you have paid for the week, do you get your money back for the day they closed it?

Just of the Eurodam and had a Lido Cabana. Best money I ever spent on a cruise. I felt like a king and enjoyed being close to the pool. Do not know if I would have liked being away from everything in the Reteat. I am spoiled, I never want to go without one now.

Can no one answer if they close the retreat and you paid for a week, do you get your money back for that day?

No, you don't get any pro rata refund. You pay for the week and take your chances. From what I've seen they only close it when the winds are so strong as to make it unuseable. People have used them in light rain because they can be closed up. Now of course the Lido pool cabanas can always be used because of the retractable roof. People seeking more quiet and privacy however choose the retreat area and take their chances.

Can no one answer if they close the retreat and you paid for a week, do you get your money back for that day?

On the other hand, I haven't heard any issue causing them to close the cabana area. I don't know that I would get a Retreat Cabana on an Alaska cruise, or maybe not on a Baltic either.

For a retreat cabana, is the price good for two persons? Do you have room to move chairs out into the sun? Or are there deck chairs available in front of the cabanas for anyone to use?

We had a retreat cabana and had 2 adults and 2 children in it and had plenty of room. There are chairs and loungers in the sun, in the middle of the retreat area - the cabanas surround them on three sides. There are plenty of chairs there so you shouldn't have to move anything out of your cabana. Enjoy!:)

Going on the Eurodam on Feb. 25th! After reading this thread I am considering a Lido cabana. I cannot find on HAL's website where to get current prices and how to reserve them. Can anybody help?

We're on the same sailing and just booked a Lido Cabana last week. It was $199 for the week. You need to call Ship Services to reserve it (you pay when you reserve).

:) :)

• 1 year later...

I was on the NA 3-10 March and absolutly loved it.

The Cabana Club is on the 11th Deck overlooking the main pool. You can either get one for a week, $299, or get them by day, not sure of the cost. It is very quiet, no battling for chairs, either in or out of the sun, fresh fruit is provided, cold water, order breakfast or lunch. Under the tent is a table with two chairs and two very nice lounge chairs. I had a couple of nice naps!!! I'm sure they they would round up someone to take a drink order. At 3 PM they bring champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. It is open from 8AM, maybe earlier, until 5 PM. There are tents on the Lido deck by the pool but you are only guaranteed the chairs/lounger under the tent. Those are cheaper.

We are only doing a 4 day cruise, with no sea days- but one of the days we don't arrive in Nassau until 1pm, so i'm thinking that may be a good day to rent one. The daily charge (on an old website) was $40, totally reasonable.

I've never sailed HAL, only Celebrity and Royal. Is the cabana necessary to secure chairs? Not sure if chair hogging is as big an issue on HAL as it is on Royal...thanks!

We are only doing a 4 day cruise, with no sea days- but one of the days we don't arrive in Nassau until 1pm, so i'm thinking that may be a good day to rent one. The daily charge (on an old website) was $40, totally reasonable.

I've never sailed HAL, only Celebrity and Royal. Is the cabana necessary to secure chairs? Not sure if chair hogging is as big an issue on HAL as it is on Royal...thanks!

I doubt any will be left to buy by the day. its extremely rare, amd my guess it will be even more rare on your 4 day.