Difference between Supper Club and Steak House

2mygirl2

I thought I read on these boards that a free bottle of wine was included with your dinner at the Steakhouse if you booked the first night of the cruise. Can anyone confirm whether that is true or not? Thanks! :)

The last I heard, that little bonus was still in place.

Tom

I have read that the Supper Clubs have changed to Steakhouses. What's the change/difference? We ate at the Supper Club on the Valor years ago and loved it. We were planning on doing the same on the Dream in March. Should we expect it to be completely different from our experience on the Valor?

When the Supper Club was introduced several years ago on the Spirit Class Ships, it was more of a "high-end" experience with excellent food, a singer, band, and dancing. Needless to say the service were outstanding. At that time I rated the Supper Club to be superior to the alternate dining on the other cruise lines, including Celebrity and Princess.

In an attempt to cut costs Carnival did aways with the entertainment and changed the name from Supper Club to Steakhouse. There is debate about whether the food and service are the same.

While still a nice experience, the Supper Club has gone the way of the Mid-Night Buffet and Formal Nights. It is still a nice experience, but more on the order of a family steakhouse such as Outback or Longhorn. In addition, the surchage has gone up.

I would still visit the "Steak-House", but I do feel that it is not the experience that the Supper Club used to be.

When the Supper Club was introduced several years ago on the Spirit Class Ships, it was more of a "high-end" experience with excellent food, a singer, band, and dancing. Needless to say the service were outstanding. At that time I rated the Supper Club to be superior to the alternate dining on the other cruise lines, including Celebrity and Princess.

In an attempt to cut costs Carnival did aways with the entertainment and changed the name from Supper Club to Steakhouse. There is debate about whether the food and service are the same.

While still a nice experience, the Supper Club has gone the way of the Mid-Night Buffet and Formal Nights. It is still a nice experience, but more on the order of a family steakhouse such as Outback or Longhorn. In addition, the surchage has gone up.

I would still visit the "Steak-House", but I do feel that it is not the experience that the Supper Club used to be.

While I agree that the atmosphere has slipped a bit. The attention to detail is still far above what you'll see at Outback - as is the quality. Aged prime beef is hard to beat!

It's a steal for $30 -- at least in our eyes. On ships which have them, it's enough of a reason to skip the MDR each night.

Tom

While I agree that the atmosphere has slipped a bit. The attention to detail is still far above what you'll see at Outback - as is the quality. Aged prime beef is hard to beat!

It's a steal for $30 -- at least in our eyes. On ships which have them, it's enough of a reason to skip the MDR each night.

Tom

I agree completely! I'll even take George Michael and Air Supply if the quality stays the same.;)

Archived