Curious about updated Mariner info?

Has anyone heard if Noro has been a problem this week on the Mariner? We have not rec'd any email telling us that boarding will be postponed. I hope that is a good sign!

Have not heard anything since the last boarding but hopefully it has been taken care of as we are on her Jan 8.

Just off the Freedom today. We were in Cozumel with Mariner and Mariner is still in Code Red. None of their crew were allowed to visit Freedom and vice versa. They also told us to make sure we washed our hands often while in port since we would be mixing with other people from the "sick ship". One thing I found odd was, when returning to the ship, we had our crew spraying everyone with hand sanitizer and they wiped the gangway railings with bleach every few minutes... however the Mariner did none of this and to top it off their Purell machines were empty and nobody checked to make sure people actually used them.

Hopefully they get this ship under control and you have a healthy cruise.

We were on the Mariner during the sanitation procedures. So, I'm subscribing to this thread to keep updated as we have another cruise booked. I had a allergic reaction to the chemicals. Does anyone know what is used other than a Clorox solution?

Just off the Freedom today. We were in Cozumel with Mariner and Mariner is still in Code Red. None of their crew were allowed to visit Freedom and vice versa. They also told us to make sure we washed our hands often while in port since we would be mixing with other people from the "sick ship". One thing I found odd was, when returning to the ship, we had our crew spraying everyone with hand sanitizer and they wiped the gangway railings with bleach every few minutes... however the Mariner did none of this and to top it off their Purell machines were empty and nobody checked to make sure people actually used them.

Hopefully they get this ship under control and you have a healthy cruise.

We did a b2b on Mariner 12/4 & 12/11 & our cabin was right above the gangway--I do not agree with your above statement--crew were constantly wiping all the railings & would run you down if you passed the purell machines. Most of the time you would have to go through 3+ purell stations before getting to your destination & crew were there to make sure everyone used the machines. If the machines were empty outside, they were dispensing it inside. Believe me, they were working hard to knock this thing in the bud.

Just off Mariner. In the car driving back home. All week we were squirted with hand sanitizer. Always someone present asking us to use the machine or having a bottle in hand to dispense to us. Personally witnessed people being called over to use hand sanitizer. We did not hear of anyone being sick with Noro Never saw any quarantine stickers on doors. We stayed healthy all week. Great cruuse!

We did a b2b on Mariner 12/4 & 12/11 & our cabin was right above the gangway--I do not agree with your above statement--crew were constantly wiping all the railings & would run you down if you passed the purell machines. Most of the time you would have to go through 3+ purell stations before getting to your destination & crew were there to make sure everyone used the machines. If the machines were empty outside, they were dispensing it inside. Believe me, they were working hard to knock this thing in the bud.

Thanks Carla, I was just fixin to jump right in with this. There are crew inside the opening with bottles, he could not have seen this. It's unsubstantiated claims like these that start rumors. How did he know they were empty????

Just off Mariner. In the car driving back home. All week we were squirted with hand sanitizer. Always someone present asking us to use the machine or having a bottle in hand to dispense to us. Personally witnessed people being called over to use hand sanitizer. We did not hear of anyone being sick with Noro Never saw any quarantine stickers on doors. We stayed healthy all week. Great cruuse!

Ditto - except the car part...

Just off Mariner. In the car driving back home.

I love it that you get off a fantastic 1 week vacation, and you are checking out Cruise Critic from your car as soon as you get non-cruise ship cel service! Thanks for the quick update!

According to a post on the M&M Jan. 2 thread, boarding was as usual, ship departed on time. I saw it on the Galveston webcam for myself :) However, passengers couldn't get into their cabins until 3pm and the WJ was closed at 12:30 with a possible opening at 1 or later. Folks also got word that there was a small amount of noro on the previous cruise. Sure hope it's over by now.

We'll be on the Mariner on Sunday. Hope the noro is HISTORY.

Thanks Carla, I was just fixin to jump right in with this. There are crew inside the opening with bottles, he could not have seen this. It's unsubstantiated claims like these that start rumors. How did he know they were empty????

I knew they were empty because several people tried to use them and they were empty so they scooped up some from the drip dish below the dispenser. BTW everything I posted was witnessed FIRST HAND.

I'm happy to hear onboard they were more vigilent and kept Noro at bay. Having been on a sick ship before, I know what a rough time everyone has onboard.. passengers and crew alike.

I agree with golfpccc, we were on the Christmas Sailing and the number of NORO cases declined quite a bit from the prior sailings, but the crew was taking every precaution necessary to ensure we all had a great sailing.

If you feel bad for anyone, feel bad for the crew, they were constantly having to wipe down almost every square inch of the ship constantly! Good to hear the subsequent sailing was even better and I'm sure they are continuing the practice just to make sure the trend continues.

Archived