Anyone recently sail to Aruba?

MizzCard

Did the ship time change to (Atlantic)..Aruba time? Just curious, as I'm scheduling a "private" tour for our group. Since some of the group have scheduled excursions through Carnival, I need to make sure we're all thinking the same time.

Our 12-17-2011 cruise on the Grand Princess went to Aruba. The ship moved its clocks ahead one hour ahead to Atlantic time on the second day out of Fort Lauderdale and didn't turn them back until the morning of our arrival back at Fort Lauderdale.

Lawdy...still in the same pickle *L* One did, one didn't. Thanks for your responses

Perhaps if you advise the private tour operator you will be arriving on (insert ship name here) they will be able to help you identify the proper timing?

I have yet to sail a carnival ship that has changed time to reflect the island time.

Princess did change.

At the present time Aruba is one hour ahead of Florida time and will stay that way til march.

When is your cruise and what ship you sailing?

I agree that the vendor should know the ships schedule- not too many ships cruise to Aruba now

I have yet to sail a carnival ship that has changed time to reflect the island time.

Princess did change.

At the present time Aruba is one hour ahead of Florida time and will stay that way til march.

When is your cruise and what ship you sailing?

I agree that the vendor should know the ships schedule- not too many ships cruise to Aruba now

Generally ship time will stay the same but sometimes will change. For example last year went to Bermuda and ship time did change en route.

Talk to your tour provider.

Did the ship time change to (Atlantic)..Aruba time? Just curious, as I'm scheduling a "private" tour for our group. Since some of the group have scheduled excursions through Carnival, I need to make sure we're all thinking the same time.

depends where you sail from. no from sj, as you will have already adjusted, and yes if you sail from florida.

we JUST returned from Aruba on the carnival miracle, the ship never changes time. we simply set our watches to the ships time and always kept THAT time in mind when we were off the ship. if we did "private" excusrions we made sure the tour guide knew what time we needed to return , they are used to it! have fun!

we JUST returned from Aruba on the carnival miracle, the ship never changes time. we simply set our watches to the ships time and always kept THAT time in mind when we were off the ship. if we did "private" excusrions we made sure the tour guide knew what time we needed to return , they are used to it! have fun!

Bingo! We're sailing the Miracle next month to Aruba. Exactly what I needed to know.Thank you soooo much!!!

As far as the tour operators are concerned, as you can see, some ships change their time and some don't. Can't expect a private tour operator to know this, it's my responsibilty to get back to the ship on time. Just needed confirmation to do my scheduling accordingly. Again, thanks so much for all the responses :)

Bingo! We're sailing the Miracle next month to Aruba. Exactly what I needed to know.Thank you soooo much!!!

As far as the tour operators are concerned, as you can see, some ships change their time and some don't. Can't expect a private tour operator to know this, it's my responsibilty to get back to the ship on time. Just needed confirmation to do my scheduling accordingly. Again, thanks so much for all the responses :)

We sailed to Aruba on the 11-26-11 Miracle cruise...we arrived at 12noon ship time, and it was already 1pm island time...not a lot of daylight to see everything we wanted to :(.

In Curacao there was a mix-up with our private tour operator...He confirmed 9am, but we did not clarify if that was Ship time or Island time, so we lost an hour of our tour :(.

ALWAYS confirm time and time zones. Miracle will stay on Florida time the whole cruise...set your watch by it and you'll never miss the ship :)

Have a fantastic journey !

We sailed to Aruba on the 11-26-11 Miracle cruise...we arrived at 12noon ship time, and it was already 1pm island time...not a lot of daylight to see everything we wanted to :(.

In Curacao there was a mix-up with our private tour operator...He confirmed 9am, but we did not clarify if that was Ship time or Island time, so we lost an hour of our tour :(.

ALWAYS confirm time and time zones. Miracle will stay on Florida time the whole cruise...set your watch by it and you'll never miss the ship :)

Have a fantastic journey !

Thank you so much. Mix ups is what I'm trying to avoid....ahead of time :)

I am in the same group Donna mentioned have another question. Does anyone know which nights formal Night will be? From what I could find they are the first Sea Day (15th) and the second to last Sea Day (20th). Is this correct

I am in the same group Donna mentioned have another question. Does anyone know which nights formal Night will be? From what I could find they are the first Sea Day (15th) and the second to last Sea Day (20th). Is this correct

I'm in the same group with Donna and Lynne, but they keep telling me that Carnival won't let anyone cruise who is my age. :(:eek::(

Lawdy...still in the same pickle *L* One did, one didn't. Thanks for your responses

DW and I sailed on the same cruise as K&P, and we stayed on Eastern Standard Time, which is one hour behind Aruba and Curacao. Elegant nights were the first sea day and the next to last night.

Hope this helps. It was a great cruise

I hate to throw a wrinkle in this but we are sailing on the 1/29 Miracle. Our itinerary says we are in Aruba from noon to 11:30. We have booked a cat tour with Delphi from 1 - 4. According to these posts when we dock it will already by 1 PM. We contacted Delphi and they said they are the same time as Carnival Miracle :confused:. Not sure what to do now?

DW and I sailed on the same cruise as K&P, and we stayed on Eastern Standard Time, which is one hour behind Aruba and Curacao. Elegant nights were the first sea day and the next to last night.

Hope this helps. It was a great cruise

Helps a bunch. Thank you :)

I hate to throw a wrinkle in this but we are sailing on the 1/29 Miracle. Our itinerary says we are in Aruba from noon to 11:30. We have booked a cat tour with Delphi from 1 - 4. According to these posts when we dock it will already by 1 PM. We contacted Delphi and they said they are the same time as Carnival Miracle :confused:. Not sure what to do now?

Contact them again, state that the ship remains on EST (Eastern Standard Time), the same as Florida, and you understand that they are on AST (Atlantic Standard Time), which is 1 hour ahead of EST.

Maybe wording it this way will help them understand.

Here is what I sent the tour company that I booked with in Aruba to make sure he understood the time difference.

Just a reminder: I'm on the Carnival Miracle on 12/16/11. My group will be on ship time not local time, Aruba is 1 hour ahead of ship time. The ship is schedule to dock in Aruba at (12:00pm ship time) which will be 1:00PM Aruba time. I will have my group on the dock at 12:30pm ship time which will be 1:30pm in Aruba. I will have 24 in my group.

They are going by ships time. You'll be doing your tour from 1-4....and 2-5 island time ;)

Archived