Photo gallery of my 12/3/11 Eastern Caribbean Oasis cruise!

Shooraq

LOOOOVE the pictures.

I too have always just had a point and shoot camera. I have made it work the best I can but for Christmas this year I got a Nikon P500 it is still a simple camera to use, but the actual pictures are AMAZING.

I hope to hone my skills on that for a couple years and then move up to a DSLR once I am more confident.

I have always loved taking pictures. Even with my little canon point and shoot I managed to take 37,000 pictures in 7 years!

Thanks again for the shots, it was beautiful and I appreciated the time you took to label everything. My kids LOVED them too.

Nowadays, the basic DSLR is affordable and easy to use for those who are afraid to leave the point and shoot cameras behind. The image quality just can't be beat, and using it on auto mode to start off with is what I did before learning aperture, shutter speed, ISO, things like that.

I'm glad you and your kids got to enjoy them. Every time I travel, it takes me a week or so to go thru my photos, deleting out-of-focus shots, editing and captioning them. Takes a lot of work, but it allows me to revisit them years later and hopefully be transported back to those special moments!

I used to be the person who didn't care. Then when DH and I went on our honeymoon cruise on the Serenade to Alaska, I would take a photo with my dinky point and shoot camera and he would take this beautiful photo of the glaciers with his Nikon DSLR and I gave up on taking any other pictures. After that trip, I realized that I really wanted to get into photography and ever since, my Nikon D7000 DSLR goes on every trip! )

Robyn that's incredible- you do a fantastic job for someone fairly new to photography- I know you are still practically a newlywed;) I would have thought you'd been shooting for years! I'm looking forward to your future trip photos! Especially Greece.

Robyn that's incredible- you do a fantastic job for someone fairly new to photography- I know you are still practically a newlywed;) I would have thought you'd been shooting for years! I'm looking forward to your future trip photos! Especially Greece.

Aww, thanks for the compliment! That's right, DH and I have been married for 4.5 years and I started out a couple months after our honeymoon with a used Nikon D70 for 3 years before switching to the D7000, which I got right before I went on the Vision of the Seas for our Baltic cruise. i have a ways to go in improving my photography skills, but I do promise lots of photos of Greece and Italy in May! I can't wait!!

Aww, thanks for the compliment! That's right, DH and I have been married for 4.5 years and I started out a couple months after our honeymoon with a used Nikon D70 for 3 years before switching to the D7000, which I got right before I went on the Vision of the Seas for our Baltic cruise. i have a ways to go in improving my photography skills, but I do promise lots of photos of Greece and Italy in May! I can't wait!!

My husband loved his D70! Are you on the Nikon boards? DH has been for years! I think this time next year we should get together and share photos from our trips...and finally meet 1 year after our common cruise:D We will have our Galapagos and French Polynesia photos and you will hav your Greece photos to share!

My husband loved his D70! Are you on the Nikon boards? DH has been for years! I think this time next year we should get together and share photos from our trips...and finally meet 1 year after our common cruise:D We will have our Galapagos and French Polynesia photos and you will hav your Greece photos to share!

I'm not on the Nikon boards, though I do use the Nikon forums of dpreview.com from time to time.

As far as meeting up in December, I would love to do that! :D That's a great idea. We plan to do the Galapagos within the next 5 years, but only after I have 3 weeks of vacation from work and Ben is able to upgrade his camera (currently has a D300, but after seeing the projected spec for the D800, probably will get a new or used D700 since he wants to go to full frame). So would love to hear your stories and see your photos of that trip!

I know you use Facebook, so I added you as a friend so we can continue to easily keep touch in addition to Cruise Critic!

loved your photos. I see you are doing Hawaii on POA. We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary in June on that cruise. It will be our first time there as well.

Thank you! We are doing Hawaii on the Pride of America. It will be both the first time visiting Hawaii AND the first time going on NCL. I typically stick with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, but it made more sense doing a 7-day "island hopping" cruise from Hawaii, than do a 14-15 day cruise from the west coast and burn days at sea. DH does not like too many sea days, especially in a row. So we figured POA would be best and then if we liked any particular islands, we'd head back in the future.

Your photos are amazing! I am on Oasis in March -same stops as you. I know 150 Central Park has 2 menus. Do you know how they determine which menu is available on a given day?

I don't know, but they do alternate between the days. I'd try enailling Royal Dining to see which is offered. I liked our menu best!

I have to say that your photos of beautiful..... That is an amazing camera (or photographer)... We leave in 94 days... or something like that. Can't wait.

Thanks! I am the photographer for majority of them, except for the shots of me, taken by my husband with my camera, which is a Nikon D7000 DSLR. you'll love the Oasis!

Archived