Royal Cruiser Sails Celebrity

subtchr

Hi, All,

After 4 cruises with Royal Caribbean, my husband and I sailed on Celebrity Solstice in December with our son and his partner.

We had a wonderful time and will definitely sail both X and RC in the future. As could be expected, there are aspects of each line that we like better, but overall both offer us a wonderful vacation experience.

I had written a long review of Serenade after our cruise a year ago, and I have done the same for the Solstice. (No, I am not trying to become Max's Mom, it's just that we both enjoy sharing our experiences!) All my reviews are linked in my signature if anyone is interested.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Sue, Thanks for sharing your photo albums. We are going on Liberty soon so it was nice to get such a great preview. We had a very nice time on the Solstice in December, but I prefer RCCL December cruises for more holiday spirit. On Solstice, it didn't feel like Christmas was approaching, yet on RCCL there is a huge tree, holiday music, caroling, and holiday parades.

Sharon, we loved Liberty!

For those who might be interested, I have finished (unless I think of more nuggets of wisdom to share!) the Solstice review linked in my signature.

Now to plan the next cruise...we are thinking Alaska!

We are finally going to try Celebrity later this year and stick with the plan. I'm ready to step away from RCI again. We are booked on the Summit out of San Juan. She starts her total revitalization today to be Solsticized so we are looking forward to the cruise plus some great new islands. Glad that you enjoyed your Celebrity experience.:)

We are finally going to try Celebrity later this year and stick with the plan. I'm ready to step away from RCI again. We are booked on the Summit out of San Juan. She starts her total revitalization today to be Solsticized so we are looking forward to the cruise plus some great new islands. Glad that you enjoyed your Celebrity experience.:)

We stepped away last March and sailed on the Eclipse. Loved it!

We have 4 cruises currently booked...2 on X and 2 on Royal.

Why? I'm just starting to look at Celebrity & know nothing about any of their ships.

The Solstice class ships (Solstice was the first in 2008, then Equinox in 2009, Eclipse in 2010, Silhouette in 2011, and Reflection, to sail in 2012) are sleek and modern, with beautiful spaces and some great features. Look through my pics linked below, if you are interested.

Many X cruisers also seem to love the Millenium class of ships (Millennium, Constellation, Infinity, and Summit), but we have not sailed them, so I can't comment personally.

Hope that helps!

Will our kids be bored, and is there a wow factor on celebrity? I'm looking for maybe a cruise in dec 2012 and my TA thought the kids would like RCCL better, also is there an older crowd on celebrity, we went to Alaska and all were older. We've been on voyager and going on allure soon

Why? I'm just starting to look at Celebrity & know nothing about any of their ships.

We have had great cruises on Solstice, Millenium, and Constellation. Our first X cruise was on Century and it wasn't great (too small, too boring).

Will our kids be bored, and is there a wow factor on celebrity? I'm looking for maybe a cruise in dec 2012 and my TA thought the kids would like RCCL better, also is there an older crowd on celebrity, we went to Alaska and all were older. We've been on voyager and going on allure soon

I think that your 2012 December cruise will be decided once you have been on the Allure. It surely has the WOW factor. ;)

Archived