chocolatier

chocolatier

My husband and I will be taking our first ever cruise in August 2012. We will be on a 15 day Grand European River Cruise (Amsterdam to Budapest) with Viking. We will be traveling from the United States. We would love any tips/info any of you can give on River cruising and specifically Viking. Thanks!

Go over to the River Cruise boards and you will find LOTS of information about your cruise and Viking. There is also a section on the Roll Calls boards fro river cruising.

You will have a wonderful time. River cruising is additcting.

Rather than putting your name in the subject line, put a short version of your main question. That way, people know what you are asking and are more likely to answer you if they can. Know you are new, so this should help in the future.

Agree that you should go to the Special Interest Crusing/River Cruises board for information about Viking and river cruising in general. You can also go to the Ports of Call boards and ask about the various stops you will be making, or simply read a lot of posts and get a feel for some of the places, and then ask more specific questions.

Rather than putting your name in the subject line, put a short version of your main question.

If someone does not put anything in the subject line it defaults to their screen name

everyone is new once ;)

Thanks for the info about signing in and getting started. I look forward to checking this every day or so before our cruise in August. Barb and Mike

Sorry this isn't a thread about chocolate, but we could make it so by someone telling us if they went to the chocolate museum in Cologne!!!

Thanks for the info about signing in and getting started. I look forward to checking this every day or so before our cruise in August. Barb and Mike

Sorry this isn't a thread about chocolate, but we could make it so by someone telling us if they went to the chocolate museum in Cologne!!!

Haven't been to Cologne :(, however, The Sutton Place Hotel in Vancouver, BC, was just voted as having the BEST chocolate buffet in the world!!!

chocolatier, welcome to Cruise Critic! Here's some helpful links for you:

River cruises board is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191

There doesn't seem to be a board that is specific to Viking, but I may just be overlooking it; I've never taken a Viking cruise, and I don't know if they have additional names. I also don't see a Roll call under the company name "Viking", but here again, I may be looking in the wrong spot! :)

If you would like to see allllll the boards available (think of it as neighborhoods) on Cruise Critic, click this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

Hope that helps! Enjoy your river cruise! It sounds lovely!

Archived