Crab on the Epic

MTCRUISER2412

I have been looking at the boards and have not been able to find the answer. My daughter loves crab legs and was curious if there is any main dining option on the ship that serves crab legs. Thanks for the help.

Cagneys Steakhouse has them on the menu. It is an extra charge item in the specialty restaurant.

http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/EpicCagneysDin.pdf

I have been looking at the boards and have not been able to find the answer. My daughter loves crab legs and was curious if there is any main dining option on the ship that serves crab legs. Thanks for the help.

I have had the crab legs on NCL and they were good... One of us will get a steak and we will share both.

But if your daughter is such a fan, I was wondering if she knew they are soooo easy to make at home in the microwave. Just microwave them right in the shell and it steams them. It just takes a few tries depending on your microwave wattage. (Don't forget they really will continue to cook after taking them out - due to "carryover cooking" of the heat already in them.) And just microwave some butter in a bowl too. Sometimes I just bring out a platter for guests and they are amazed that I was only in the kitchen for a few minutes. Sometimes Albertsons has them on a fantastic sale.

Cagneys Steakhouse has them on the menu. It is an extra charge item in the specialty restaurant.

http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/EpicCagneysDin.pdf

I did see they have them at Cagney's but being from Montana I am not really sure that I want to spend the extra $$$ for a steakhouse since we have some great ones here. Now Fresh fish is another deal....

I did see they have them at Cagney's but being from Montana I am not really sure that I want to spend the extra $$$ for a steakhouse since we have some great ones here. Now Fresh fish is another deal....

The lobster tail and crab legs on the Cagney's menu are definitely not "fresh."

Guess we will have to see what all of us want to do, sounds like Cagney's is the only place for crab legs. Around here it is always so expensive since we are a little ways away from the sea. May have to try the microwave trick above as well. Good idea....

Guess we will have to see what all of us want to do, sounds like Cagney's is the only place for crab legs. Around here it is always so expensive since we are a little ways away from the sea. May have to try the microwave trick above as well. Good idea....

you can order direct from alaska they come frozen and pre cooked. Usually they are bigger and better than the grocery store variety.

The lobster tail and crab legs on the Cagney's menu are definitely not "fresh."

unless you get live whole lobster most lobster tails and king crab come frozen. Most of the crab is processed/cooked immediately and brine frozen.

Archived