Is there much savings on Pre-Ordering Water Package?

hwfiv

I generally like to have bottled water in my stateroom. On other cruise lines, I just order it as needed (generally it's a few bucks per bottle).

I see that Royal Caribbean has a water package. They don't indicate what SIZE water bottles these are! Is there much savings in pre-ordering a water package? 8 bottles for $28 seems high to me.

Can we bring bottles of water on board with us? Or is that confiscated?

There's no price advantage to ordering in advance, tho I'm sure a package of bottles is less than "per bottle".....yes, although they say you can't bring any drinks at all, most folks are successful when bringing some non-alcoholic stuff.

The tap water is perfectly fine, too....some will simply bring a refillable water bottle to take ashore with them. You will have ice and glasses in your cabin.

They're one litre bottles of Evian. You can pick up an 8-pack of one litre bottles of Evian at WalMart for ~$8. Not worth the $20 upcharge. The water purification process the ship uses to make its drinking water is the same one Evian uses to make theirs:eek: Save your money:D

policy states you can't bring alcohol onboard. Also.....if you are bringing water in your carryon it will be examined along with any soda.....they make sure the seal has not been broken or it gets thrown out.

we have never had a problem bringing water onboard either. i don't care for water out of sink taking my meds. bottle water works great or i make sure i have water from cafe promenade.

Do yourself a favor and buy a case of water and carry it on with you. We NEVER had an issue with water as long as it was packed in the plastic packaging from the manufacturer. Buying water is WAY to much $$$ on the ship. They get crazy prices for it.

Yeah... even though I don't drink the garbage in the windjammer at lunch (it all tastes worse than Koolaid!) and I don't drink much alcohol or soda, we didn't even go through a bottle a day of the water in the room. I would be afraid I'd buy the package and then not be able to use it all. I think we used like 5-6 bottles on our 14 day transatlantic.

Full disclosure, I did drink lots of OJ in the morning, hot chocolate whenever, and diet soda in the dining room, plus an occasional alcoholic beverage when the mood struck me. If you're someone who drinks water, water, and only water, then you might need to do something different than me :)

• 3 weeks later...

How much is a bottle of water? I would like to compare the cost against getting the water package. I am perfectly happy drinking tap water but my DIL is interested in the water package. Also if you try to bring a case of water onboard and it is confiscated, do you get it back on the last day??

Just got off Allure on 2/5. We bought two six packs of Dasani at Walgreens and carried them on board. They didn't even look inside our Walgreens bags!

I know the ship's water is perfectly fine, I just don't care for the taste of it. I also know that Dasani is municipal water that has been purified and then minerals added to it.

Just got off Allure on 2/5. We bought two six packs of Dasani at Walgreens and carried them on board. They didn't even look inside our Walgreens bags!

I know the ship's water is perfectly fine, I just don't care for the taste of it. I also know that Dasani is municipal water that has been purified and then minerals added to it.

I'm the same way. I don't like the taste of the ships water. We buy the water package as we go through a lot of water in a week.:)

There is a price break with package. Single bottles on the ship are $4.95 plus gratuity (about $5.70 per bottle).

We ordered the 24 bottle package and paid under $4 per bottle :) An earlier poster said they were afraid they couldn't use all of the package. We were on a 10 night trip and on day 7 realized we would not even break into the 2nd box of 12 bottles. Went to Guest Relations and they made arrangments to return the 12 unused bottles and refund to our account. Worked for me:D

We have someone in our group who can't drink Evian water for health/medical reasons. Instead of chancing it, I called the Royal Caribbean special needs department and they told us that as long as we have a doctor's note specifying that a particular water is required for medical reasons, that there should be no problem taking water on board. So we've got the doctors note in hand and will slap a luggage tag on the case of water and hope for the best on Sunday when we board.

I imagine if there's a medical issue, accompanied by a doctors note, that trumps their silly "no water" policy... a policy that is clearly just there for more revenue.

Anyway, a doctors note may be the only way to be sure of being able to bring the water of YOUR choice on board.

...... their silly "no water" policy... a policy that is clearly just there for more revenue.

You mean to tell me that the cruise line has an interest in making money?:eek:

And you find that silly?:rolleyes:

Archived