5 New Things to Try on Princess

jilllofalltrades

1. sleep on deck, under the stars

2. spend an entire day having spa treatments

3. stand at the very front of the ship at sunset while the orchestra plays the theme from titanic

4. win the crystal ship

5. dine with all of my immediate family

My favorite on every cruise: walk out on the deck at night, after a lovely dinner I didn't cook, after watching wonderful entertainment in the Princess theatre, after enjoying a drink and dance in the Wheelhouse bar, after thinking of the different cultures on our shore excursion, and just look at the beautiful night sky full of stars and think "What a great life!!!"

I have a list of new things I want to try on Princess this cruise. Here are my top five:

Ultimate Balcony Dining

a glass of wine at Vines

Order a bottle of wine with dinner

Visit the Sanctuary

Dance at Skywalkers

What is on your list?

ok. only 10 more days for us and we are on the Caribbean Princess sailing the Southern Caribbean! Really enjoying reading this thread, thanks for posting it. Some of the items on my list are all about doing what I adored about last year's cruise plus some new things:

1. Sunrise room service breakfast: coffee with Baileys and our own champagne, what a way to watch the Pitons come into view

2. Hot tub and watch MUTS (can we drink wine in one of those hot tubs?)

3. Try the pizza: Pizza lunch with drinks Aft Terrace Pool

4. Jazz at the Wheelhouse Bar (dance with DH even if we are the only ones)

5. Savour it all: Take 1 hour each day to stroll, read, sit on balcony or hide in our stateroom with DH, just basically slow it down and appreciate the fact that we are there.

bon voyage everybody:)

k

See the Champagne Waterfall fall over

Mix up all the chairhogs chair savers

Have the Captain snap off a salute to me and say " Welcome Aboard"

See the Pilot actually have to leap onto the Pilot Boat

And Finally, watch the ship pull away from the dock as stragglers run franticaly toward the ship

OMG. You have my type of humor.

Mix up all the chairhogs chair savers

Have the Captain snap off a salute to me and say " Welcome Aboard"

See the Pilot actually have to leap onto the Pilot Boat

And Finally, watch the ship pull away from the dock as stragglers run franticaly toward the ship

Can I join? Lol. I like the way you think!

We didn't see that, but did see something that may amuse you.

During the martini demo on the Ruby this month, Adrian (Crooners bartender) was attempting a 9-shaker pour into a long row of martini glasses.

:p Yes, he dropped them. What an interesting sight to see! Funny! Glass everywhere.... his assistant burst out into laughter. Hilarious!

All my other cruises have been either solo, with a girl friend, or with my mother so this upcoming cruise is going to be a first for me - traveling with a romantic interest :o

So....

1. Ultimate Balcony Dinner

2. Dance

3. Crown Grill

4. Glass of wine at Vines

5. "sleep" late and miss breakfast :D

Enjoy your cruise and do number 5 for me twice...:D

We've cruised before but never on Princess. Thanks to all of the great info on CC, here's some things we're really looking forward to:

1. Lounging on our half covered big balcony on Caribe Deck :D

2. MUTS

3. Anytime dining (especially the Fettucini Alfredo bowl entree)

4. Breakfast room service on balcony

5. Exploring all the bars & finding the one we like the best

6. Using adult only pools & finding loungers in a quiet sunny spot overlooking ocean!

7. Cheaper beer/drink prices

8. The great service!

The top 5 new things we intend to do on our cruise in March:

1) Enjoy a Suite for two whole weeks (so far we have only had one for 2 days)

2) Sabatinis for Breakfast

3) Go to warm weather ports. ( we have been mostly on cold weather cruises)

4) Just let go of work and worries and spend some high quality relaxing time with my wonderful wife.

5) Be intentional at developing new friendships. (we are both introverts so this takes some effort)

We were fortunate enough to enjoy the Chefs Table and the Ultimate Ship Tour on our first cruise two weeks ago on the Grand. Next up - Emerald Princess 2-15-13.

1. Sit on the aft deck and watch the ships wake while enjoying a Mai Tai or Pina Colada

2. Try the Fettuccine Bowl

3. Sit in the Piazza and enjoy some of the entertainment and people watch

4. Attend a meet and greet

5. Participate in one of the trivia games

1. Go on a cruise

2. Stand on a cruise ship

3. Look at the ocean on the ocean

4. Communicate with a dolphin

5. Convince everyone I'm Samantha Brown's brother.

But seriously... I'll be going on my first cruise this May to Alaska. I'm super excited! Everything will be new to me. These replies have really gotten me excited (more excited that is!) about all the options and opportunities that await!

The Real List:

1. Take some high quality HD video of my surroundings to produce a video journal of the cruise and ports.

2. Treat my mother and myself to a spa treatment in the Lotus Spa.

3. Enjoy the flavorful variety of seafood

4. Make some new friends

5. Book my next cruise.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.409798,-97.669314

I really had to really think about this....

1. Eat as newly being lactose intolerant

2. Read a book.....i always bring one and never read it....

3. Have a power hour drink

4. Use the sanctuary

5. Stay up late enough to go to the nightclub

One for good luck.......wake up early enough to see the sunrise.....

We also have been fortunate enough to have done most of what are on these lists such as Ultimate balcony dining, champagne breakfast, specialty restaurants and Chef's Dinner (can you tell we love food!?). The only thing I can think of which are on my "bucket list" are:

1. Aft balcony

2. Hawaii

3. Australia/New Zealand

4. Transatlantic

5. World cruise

I love all the lists. This is our first Princess Cruise and first empty nest cruise so I want to do things a little different this time. Your lists make making my list so much easier. My addition to the list? This is the first time I joined a roll call. I have really enjoyed getting to know my fellow cruisers and can't wait to meet them in 24 days. Suju

We also have been fortunate enough to have done most of what are on these lists such as Ultimate balcony dining, champagne breakfast, specialty restaurants and Chef's Dinner (can you tell we love food!?). The only thing I can think of which are on my "bucket list" are:

1. Aft balcony

2. Hawaii

3. Australia/New Zealand

4. Transatlantic

5. World cruise

We too have done most of what's on these lists including your top 3..... we have a TA booked for the fall so I guess all that's left is a World Cruise.... but not for quite some time ....

All of the top 5's are so great... we just keep doing them. An aft balcony, suite, chef's table, specialty restaurants, attending 2 M&G's, enjoying the IC and Vines, meeting new friends up in Skywalkers, reaching "Elite" level and visiting new ports in the Caribbean are all on our list for this upcoming b2b in a couple of weeks.....

CB just take me away.... with all the health issues our family has endured in the last year, just getting away and enjoying the "view" will be on the top of my list.

Archived