NCL changes our PC cruise to 1 year later!

SFO-F/A

We were booked on the Pearl, Panama Canal, NY-LA, 21 April, 2013.

Today I checked myncl and noticed we have been changed to 20 April, 2014! One YEAR later.

Now I'm really confused...:confused:

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

This is really odd! I just checked my reservation system and for your original date nothing is there and as for 2014, the system does not go past Feb. of 2014. This would require your travel agent to call NCL if you used one for your booking otherwise you can call yourself.

Scott

This is really odd! I just checked my reservation system and is there for your original date and as for 2014, the system does not go past 2014. This would require your travel agent to call NCL if you used one for your booking otherwise you can call yourself.

Scott

Something must be up with the computer system. I'll call my PCC.

I'll report back what I hear.

What was the essence of the e-mail?

It has to do with the chartering of the Pearl for a couple of weeks and interchanging the Pearl's and Jewel's announced home ports in 2012-2013 as a result. It's been discussed at length on this board over the past few weeks.

I got a second email last week saying that the Pearl to Jewel switch for the Panama Canal cruise in April 2013 was delayed and would be completed tomorrow 2/10.

I just checked my account and my cruise is for 2014.

It has to do with the chartering of the Pearl for a couple of weeks and interchanging the Pearl's and Jewel's announced home ports in 2012-2013 as a result. It's been discussed at length on this board over the past few weeks.

Thanks...I remember those threads but did not connect the charter issue with these PC trips.

Just spoke to my PCC and it is confirmed, as posted, that they will have the system records sorted out by tomorrow and that the 2013 trip will turn out to be the Jewel, since the Pearl will be in and out of Miami at that time.

We were booked on the Pearl, Panama Canal, NY-LA, 21 April, 2013.

Today I checked myncl and noticed we have been changed to 20 April, 2014! One YEAR later.

Now I'm really confused...:confused:

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

We are booked on the same cruise and noticed the same thing. My DH called NCL and was told that it was a glitch they are fixing due to all the shuffling of the cruises because of the Chartered Cruises. We were assured that the cruise was still for April 2013. Whether it is the Pearl or the Jewel, it doesn't really matter. We are still in the same suite regardless of which ship it is.

but there sure has been and is a lot of confusion, huh?

I agree this has been one confusing mess right from the beginning. With so many people affected by the changes and the confusion. I really think NCL didn't come out looking very good with this one.

We talked to NCL about this last night and they were very apologetic and said it was due to the huge change-around of all the cruises affected and were very sorry for the confusion. They assured us that our cruise from NY-LA via the Panama Canal in 2013 was still a go.

Let's hope they work this out and soon.

We talked to NCL about this last night and they were very apologetic and said it was due to the huge change-around of all the cruises affected and were very sorry for the confusion. They assured us that our cruise from NY-LA via the Panama Canal in 2013 was still a go.

Let's hope they work this out and soon.

Thanks. I decided to give it till tomorrow to call my PCC. Things should be updated by then.

When I called the PCC I was told that the ships are being rescheduled in sail date order. And since this is the last cruise affected, it is the last one being rescheduled. Told me that first they are moving the ships around to the correct dates and then moving people on them, thus the Pearl in NY in 2014. After all the stories I have heard from the PCC on this one, I will believe it when I see it. Right now, it shows our sail date being 800 days out! I could walk to Panama in 800 days!:(

This is really odd! I just checked my reservation system and for your original date nothing is there and as for 2014, the system does not go past Feb. of 2014. This would require your travel agent to call NCL if you used one for your booking otherwise you can call yourself.

Scott

Their system is screwy. I couldn't get past the screen where you enter the number of people and their ages to get prices for the Gem cruise I just booked so had to call. My booking also says I owe $500.00 on 2/12 even though I used a cruise reward to book it. NCL PCC says it is a system glitch.

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

We apologize for the confusion. The Panama Canal sailing on April 21, 2013 has not been changed to 2014. This was a temporary adjustment in the system as we updated the itinerary to reflect the transition of the sailing from Norwegian Pearl to Norwegian Jewel.

Have a great cruise through the Panama Canal!

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

We apologize for the confusion. The Panama Canal sailing on April 21, 2013 has not been changed to 2014. This was a temporary adjustment in the system as we updated the itinerary to reflect the transition of the sailing from Norwegian Pearl to Norwegian Jewel.

Have a great cruise through the Panama Canal!

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

I checked NCL.com and we are now back on the JEWEL April 21, 2013 Panama Canal sailing out of NY! What confusion this caused a few of us.

I guess NCL is going to update the website, as this sailing isn't currently able to be booked.

I checked NCL.com and we are now back on the JEWEL April 21, 2013 Panama Canal sailing out of NY! What confusion this caused a few of us.

I guess NCL is going to update the website, as this sailing isn't currently able to be booked.

Not an automated process to move all the existing bookings. Pretty much one at a time. They will not open it for bookings until they have everyone moved and in their cabins of choice.

Archived