Southern caribbean from galveston ?

1948buddy

I met John Heald on the Magic, and asked him, since I get no replies from your blog, is it possible that Galveston will ever offer a longer cruise to the Southern Caribbean ? His reply was, I didn't tell you this , but that will happen starting in July 2013. I asked which ship, and he said, the one you are on right now, so I asked how many days, and he said 10, and it would be a trial to see how they sell. Has anyone else heard of this?

It's been mentioned a few times as a possibility but I've not heard anything in quite a while from the folks I know at Carnival...

With the big West Coast changes it might be a tad less likely... let the dust settle for a bit... but I'd love to see it happen!

:)

Mach, I meant to ask 7 day sailing date from Galveston past April 2013 ? Thanks

I've heard that it'll be a few weeks but the time frame is dependent on so many things it's really tough to tell.

There were itineraries for 2012 that weren't available until late fall of last year...

:)

That's me. Four years in the Air Force in the Vietnam days, flew on everything with wings. Just don't care to anymore. We would just like to see something different.

I would also die and go to heaven if this happens-- any gulf coast departure point. I want to do that itinerary soooooo badly, but we hate to fly and it is just too convenient to drive to NO and get on the ship!

• 4 weeks later...
I met John Heald on the Magic, and asked him, since I get no replies from your blog, is it possible that Galveston will ever offer a longer cruise to the Southern Caribbean ? His reply was, I didn't tell you this , but that will happen starting in July 2013. I asked which ship, and he said, the one you are on right now, so I asked how many days, and he said 10, and it would be a trial to see how they sell. Has anyone else heard of this?

That is such great news. Any idea when they will start letting us book this cruise?

I had just mentioned on facebook the other day that I wished there was a southern carebbean cruise from Galveston.

Can hardly wait for this to happen. Plus ten days instead of seven. Oh boy!!!

I bet it sells well. Alot of people don't like to fly and driving to Galveston will be awesome.

We are leaving on the Magic April 29 would love to book the southern carebbean while onboard.

Oh my goodness!!! Wouldn't this be great. I was just getting ready to book a 15 day cruise for 2013 but I might put it off a little while and see if this happens. I sure hope they release something sooner rather than later. Thanks for the info.

I talked to John also, and he said the 10 day trips are hard to sell ,as most people cannot get off that long. I think he might be wrong, and I am not going to hold my breadth, but I wish it would happen to Galveston.

Well I will say that I was on the Magic last week and John did mention her doing 10 day sailings one evening in the theater.

If it happens or not, guess we wait to see. He did speak about it tho.

The Magic is a great ship.... My favorite to date.:)

Must be something to it if he mentioned it in the theater

Well I will say that I was on the Magic last week and John did mention her doing 10 day sailings one evening in the theater.

If it happens or not, guess we wait to see. He did speak about it tho.

The Magic is a great ship.... My favorite to date.:)

I have never sailed Carnival yet so this would be a great cruise for us since we now live in Texas.

We never cruised out of Galveston til GF got job transfer. Great drive to port

Is a Southern itin places like St. Thomas, St. Croix, etc? We want to do this so bad but seems you have to fly to San Juan or Miami!! I vote for Galveston!!

The Saints are eastern Caribe but out of Galveston who knows

Southern is Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Barbados. Or could be Costa rica, Panama, Columbia

Archived