Fort Lauderdale Wine Delivery

CanadianMAG

Is there anyone place in Fort Lauderdale that might deliver our order of wine to our hotel room the night before we leave on our cruise? Or maybe even on board to the ship (if that possible)

Thanks

Hi-- You might try Crown Wine and Spirits. Sorry I have mislaid their phone number, but they do have a web-site that will list the number for the location you want. There is one fairly close to Port Everglades on Cordova. We are interested in doing the same thing.

Janet

(from rainy Seattle!)

Hi-- You might try Crown Wine and Spirits. Sorry I have mislaid their phone number, but they do have a web-site that will list the number for the location you want. There is one fairly close to Port Everglades on Cordova. We are interested in doing the same thing.

Janet

I called them they only deliver with a min. order of $250

Yup I think so too. There is a Walgreens with a Liquor store 5 miles away. So I think we will go there Saturday morning on the way to the cruise ship. I keep forgetting you can buy these things in the grocery store (we can't in Canada)

I keep forgetting you can buy these things in the grocery store (we can't in Canada)

We were there almost 30 years ago and found that out on our honeymoon :) We were in Vancover :) It was a big suprise to us too! hehehehe :)

I called them they only deliver with a min. order of $250

Considering you can get a pretty marginal wine for $25 bucks with dinner in the restaurant, and for $25 per bottle at a good wine store, can get exceptional wines. Why would the $250 minimum order bother you. If you really want cheap wine, cheap, just stop at a Publix or other grocery store or a Walgreens and pick up 10 bottles of cheap wine? Just a thought. Even if you have to take a cab ride, the $20 bucks on the cab would pay for itself rather quickly.

jc

Is there anyone place in Fort Lauderdale that might deliver our order of wine to our hotel room the night before we leave on our cruise? Or maybe even on board to the ship (if that possible)

Thanks

HAL's ships' services at 1-800-541-1576. Check availabilities at HAL's web site.

It'll be delivered right to your cabin plus you can take the wines to the DR with no corkage fee to pay...

HOw much is corkage?

I thought the prices on HAL were a lot, I realize the markup but I couldn't imagine paying soo much when we will be drinking a lot of wine. If it was 1 or 2 bottles I wouldn't be soo cheap but 10 or so.. thats another story:rolleyes:

We like the bottles of wines that are about 20cdn, which is equivlant to the same dollar amount in USA (with all our liqour taxes and everything) We also prefer Red Zinf, and they only have one bottle of HALs list.

Canadian MAG: Let me recommend a red Zinfandel which should be readily available. It is the Rancho Zabacco 2002 Dancing Bull. Robert Parker said it is one of the best buys in red Zinfandel on the market. In California, sells at grocery stores for under $10.00. Should be available in FLL, as the total case production was 206,800 cases.

HOw much is corkage?

Corkage is $15/bottle in the dining room. If you are bringing on very inexpensive wines it may not be worth the trouble to bring it on board and pay a fee. You might be able to buy a better wine direct from HAL in the dining room at the same price as bringing your own on and adding the $15 fee.

You don't pay a corkage fee for any wine which has been bought on the ship either in advance or in the dining room or delivered from Room Service no matter where you actually drink it.

You pay the corkage only on wine which you have purchased elsewhere ....not from HAL.

I've heard of pax using a company called Just Because in the FLL/Miami area to send gifts to friends/family sailing. You could send yourself a 'gift' of wine and have them deliver it to the ship.

Try Just Because...of You, Inc. 800-882-9707 (voice)

800-424-9706 (fax)

Or: http://cruisegifts.com

I have never personally used these companies so cannot give a first hand recommendation.

I've heard of pax using a company called Just Because in the FLL/Miami area to send gifts to friends/family sailing. You could send yourself a 'gift' of wine and have them deliver it to the ship.

Try Just Because...of You, Inc. 800-882-9707 (voice)

800-424-9706 (fax)

Or: http://cruisegifts.com

I have never personally used these companies so cannot give a first hand recommendation.

That website no longer exists. Even if the OP ordered wine from this company, he would still have to pay a corkage fee on the ship and the company would probably charge a delivery fee.

CanadianMAG, why not just pre-order your wine from HAL or buy it on the ship and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Canadian MAG: Let me recommend a red Zinfandel which should be readily available. It is the Rancho Zabacco 2002 Dancing Bull. Robert Parker said it is one of the best buys in red Zinfandel on the market. In California, sells at grocery stores for under $10.00. Should be available in FLL, as the total case production was 206,800 cases.

That is a great wine! Wow that is under $10 there? thats probably a 18.00 bottle here.

That website no longer exists.

Geez - I thought it was helpful information... :confused: I'm sure others appreciate the info and phone number even if the website is inactive - also, there might be another website.

I just went to:

http://www.JustBecauseofyou.com. It is there and in business and has been for years. I imagine there is a delivery charge. No florists or gift shops etc in my local area deliver for free...especially given the price of gas these days.

I believe in a separate message I posted that you pay a corkage fee for wine that is not bought through HAL. (....of course, that would not apply if you drank it in your cabin. Remember to pack a corkscrew. :) )

CanadianMAG: This is sort of the reverse of your questions: My wife and I will be sailing to Vancouver in early May. May we bring a bottle or two of American wine, and a bottle of Tanqueray into Canada? We will be staying in Vancuver for several days before we head home to California.

Congratularions on the forthcoming nuptuals!

I just went to:

http://www.JustBecauseofyou.com. It is there and in business and has been for years. I imagine there is a delivery charge. No florists or gift shops etc in my local area deliver for free...especially given the price of gas these days.

I believe in a separate message I posted that you pay a corkage fee for wine that is not bought through HAL. (....of course, that would not apply if you drank it in your cabin. Remember to pack a corkscrew. :) )

Sail - Thanks for taking the time to research it and come back to post this! I appreciate it, as I'm sure many others do too. :)

I just went to:

Yes, but the original website you posted was

http://cruisegifts.com , not the one you have now posted above. When I phoned them, they said the cruisegifts.com web site no longer exists.

It is helpful to have the name of online gift delivery in FLL, but Esme was also being helpful in pointing out to others who might be interested that the website originally given no longer is operative, wasn't she? :rolleyes:

Perhaps... but I'll go out on a limb here and say that I read it as being somewhat critical, but I very well could be wrong.

If so, I apologize to Esme. :)

I appreciate finding out information about these types of services and I appreciate Sail taking the time to come back and provide that info.

Archived