Decorating Your Door on Emerald Princess

OldBirds

Our first princess cruise was an RSVP cruise on the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS. Because RSVP had leased the ship they promoted a door decorating contest.

We brought Valentine Decoration Hearts and put our photos on them to adhere to the door. Some people, many in fact, adhered that silly STAPLES EASY BUTTON to their door. Boarded the Star Princess in 2011 and had our same door decorations. Not an RSVP cruise, but when I went to put the photos on the door our steward told me NOT ALLOWED. We also didn't get any towel animals.

HORRIBLE CRUISE to Italy and Greece. About to board the Golden Princess for the partner's 60th Birthday and someone on Ebay suggested a magnetic sign. But I don't want to pay $20 and then they say NOT ALLOWED!

So, Does Princess allow DOOR SIGNS/MAGNETS now?

Does Princess still do Towel Animals?

DO NOT GO TO ITALY AND GREECE IN AUGUST! I think it was the heat that made just everyone MISERABLE (and I am talking STAFF)

I always take a door decoration. Small but still something festive. No one has ever said that I shouldn't display it.

Also, on the towel animals, we have cruised three times a year for several years now, I have not seen any towel animals now that you mention it. Maybe, it has been discontinued. I really don't know why the menagerie has disappeared. :confused:

I always decorate our door and enjoy looking at others that decorate theirs. I use double sided tape...it doesn't leave any marks. We have never had any towel animals on our Princess cruises. I only had towel animals on my Carnival cruise. Looking forward to our Carnival cruise coming up in Sept. They better have towel animals because I keep telling my husband that Carnival does towel animals lol. I like when our room steward is creative and used accessories such as sun glasses, etc. Kind of neat!

If you have kids in the cabin, some stewards will do the towel animals on Princess. When I traveled with my grandkids (and their parents) on the Emerald in 2010, our steward was so sweet and gave us towel animals a few nights in both cabins.

They have great towel animals on Disney cruise line. Kids seem to equal towel animals.:)

I like to put something on the door so DH can find the cabin. I've done two so far--one for our honeymoon and one for my 50th birthday. Our next planned cruise will have two--one for IfinallyearnedmyBSN (it's only taken 6 years so far) and his 60th birthday. He thinks it's hokey, but can always find the correct cabin.

• 1 month later...

What happens to your door decorations if you leave then behind? For example, if you sail the first week in December, decorate for Christmas and leave them for the next guests. Does the staff throw them away?

What happens to your door decorations if you leave then behind? For example, if you sail the first week in December, decorate for Christmas and leave them for the next guests. Does the staff throw them away?

My guess is YES. The supervisors are pretty picky.

We've used lights on the deck several times through the years and the only cruise line that's ever asked us to take them down was Princess - the Sun Princess to be exact. They said it was a safety issue.

We always decorate our door and inside the cabin. Our cabin attendants have said they really love coming into the festive cabin.

Some lines allow the cabin attendants to accept donated decorations at the end of the cruise - don't remember about Princess, but you could ask. We just pack ours away at the bottom of the suitcase as I change decorations - Thanksgiving, then birthday, then Christmas, then anniversary.

Archived