Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Easily, 4 bottles of water ($4 each) and three Cafe' Al Baccio coffees ($4-$6 each) comes in at around $34 and that gets me just the non alcoholic drinks.

A drink or two over lunch and several with dinner and a Baileys night cap, easily achieved without getting sloshed.:D

I guess... I just got the 1l bottle if going out, and drank regular water onboard, so $4 at most there, plus 1 tea, so that's $9. There was always something else to do elsewhere though, so not a lot of time for sitting around in the coffee shop.

Glad it worked out for you though, no point paying more than you have to. :D

We opted in on the Classic as a promo because the cost was lowered to about $22pp/day when compared to the discounted Florida resident rate that was about $360 less without the beverage package. That was close to the cost of their $40 bottle of wine we would have to buy at dinner. So, we thought it would make sense, until they changed the wine list to just a handful of undesireable glasses. So, it may force us to upgrade to Premium, just having trouble getting a wine list we can count on. Even called in, the rep said she didn't know which wines were available. Oh well....

We opted in on the Classic as a promo because the cost was lowered to about $22pp/day when compared to the discounted Florida resident rate that was about $360 less without the beverage package. That was close to the cost of their $40 bottle of wine we would have to buy at dinner. So, we thought it would make sense, until they changed the wine list to just a handful of undesireable glasses. So, it may force us to upgrade to Premium, just having trouble getting a wine list we can count on. Even called in, the rep said she didn't know which wines were available. Oh well....

What "list" are you using?

What "list" are you using?

The most recent one I've seen was posted by Kevinyork live from the Eclipse, showing 'Social hour wines' + two whites and two reds. Not what I had originally bargained for. But who knows, maybe those will change. And, we might opt to upgrade to Premium if only the Premium wine lists could be posted somewhere. Celebrity, please help us out...!

The most recent one I've seen was posted by Kevinyork live from the Eclipse, showing 'Social hour wines' + two whites and two reds. Not what I had originally bargained for. But who knows, maybe those will change. And, we might opt to upgrade to Premium if only the Premium wine lists could be posted somewhere. Celebrity, please help us out...!

:confused::confused::confused: I count 15 whites, 9 reds, 4 sparkling and 3 roses.

:confused::confused::confused: I count 15 whites, 9 reds, 4 sparkling and 3 roses.

OK, maybe, but do we need to order a specialty dinner to get those wines, and if we do, they will not be included in classic price, like totally extra?

OK, maybe, but do we need to order a specialty dinner to get those wines, and if we do, they will not be included in classic price, like totally extra?

It's truly impossible to actually KNOW anything until we see actual price lists - the selections available on packages is based on price limits NOT lists of inclusions.

Small bars carry small wine selections, larger bars carry larger selections, a very small number of the wines are selections specific to a particular specialty restaurant (e.g one or two of the Italians may only be available in Tuscan) but even these wines are often available in bars close by such as the Ensemble lounge OR can be stocked in a particular bar on request by an accommodating bartender.

I sure wish someone presently or just finished cruising would post some price lists. Maybe the sky IS falling - but until I see some evidence I'll assume it isn't.

.........I sure wish someone presently or just finished cruising would post some price lists. Maybe the sky IS falling - but until I see some evidence I'll assume it isn't.

OK, fair enough, thanks. I just started a new thread asking for current wine menus.

I have been reading all these posts. Our beverage package is classic and included, I don't care if I drink Bud or Dom, it is about the cruise and people making so much to do about drinking maybe better re-think their priorities.

I have been reading all these posts. Our beverage package is classic and included, I don't care if I drink Bud or Dom, it is about the cruise and people making so much to do about drinking maybe better re-think their priorities.

With all due respect, our priorities are fine dining with fine wines, quality entertainment along with fine spirits and cordials. We would never pay $49pp/day for Bud. So please enjoy your Bud without judging our priorities. Thank you.

With all due respect, our priorities are fine dining with fine wines, quality entertainment along with fine spirits and cordials. We would never pay $49pp/day for Bud. So please enjoy your Bud without judging our priorities. Thank you.

Yep! Its about quality not quantity. I too have posted I want to see the new lists - especially with Cellar Masters going away. I don't want to see the wine lists streamlined too much.

I guess... I just got the 1l bottle if going out, and drank regular water onboard, so $4 at most there, plus 1 tea, so that's $9. There was always something else to do elsewhere though, so not a lot of time for sitting around in the coffee shop.

Glad it worked out for you though, no point paying more than you have to. :D

Cheers, we tend to have breakfast at the Cafe' al baccio so having one with breaky and then a couple of take away coffees over the morning is easy.:D

While the sentiment is right, it is still part of the cruise experience and some things touch a nerve. Especially if someone has paid for the package, not everyone gets it for free.:D

That's great for your priorities. I like to choose my own thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you so much for you list. Exactly what I needed to work out whether to get the drinks package or not. Does anyone know if they serve moscato?

If not, if I bring two bottles on board with me do I have to pay corkage to open them in my room? Or you only pay corkage if it's taken to the dining room?

Hi, thank you so much for you list. Exactly what I needed to work out whether to get the drinks package or not. Does anyone know if they serve moscato?

If not, if I bring two bottles on board with me do I have to pay corkage to open them in my room? Or you only pay corkage if it's taken to the dining room?

Not sure how they chold charge you a corkage fee in your room :confused:. Your room is private. Anyway, the corage charge is for having them opening and service in the dining rooms. You are allowed 2 bottles per person at your original port.

Steve

Not sure how they chold charge you a corkage fee in your room :confused:. Your room is private. Anyway, the corage charge is for having them opening and service in the dining rooms. You are allowed 2 bottles per person at your original port.

Steve

Don't forget to pack a corkscrew. That would be my luck to forget it.

Sorry new to all this. So when I board my 2 x bottles get sent to my room & wait for me with my luggage?

Nope. You carry them on board and they go though the security check. Then if wine (NOT HARD LIQUOR) they give it back tio you - with any hand carried items, cell phone, camera to lug around with you until your room is ready (usually after 1pm).

Same for cans of soda. and and other non-a;lcohol beverages. If you bring hard liquor on board they will stw it until after yoour cruise.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Nope. You carry them on board and they go though the security check. Then if wine (NOT HARD LIQUOR) they give it back tio you

To clarify, the limit is 2 bottles per room, not per person, and these must be the standard 750ml size, not larger bottles or in boxes.

Edited by boogs

Could any kind person please clarify if Beck's beer is included in the classic package? I thought it was but now I can't see it mentioned on the website. Many thanks :-)

• 2 weeks later...