OCEANA becomes Butlins at sea

darthonian

Regarding collecting Portunus points...it struck me on our recent Oceana cruise that the four Gold members on our dining table were all in low grade inside cabins and this was the norm for them.....we always have at least an outside sometimes a balcony so actually give P and O more money for our cruise !!!!

Perhaps if the points were awarded for amount spent with P and O, rather than the number of nights you spend on board, it would be more fair??

Loyalty points in other areas i.e Tesco, Nectar, Boots, etc are all given for the amount of mo ney spent not how many times you shop there..,just a thought!!:)

Agree with that Jenny Wren and maybe an acknowledgement of regular cruising as well? A couple at our table had reached gold and were only on their third cruise. Think in the new schemeyou can't stick on the higher tiers if you no longer cruise but haven't seen it in too much detail yet.

Agree with that Jenny Wren and maybe an acknowledgement of regular cruising as well? A couple at our table had reached gold and were only on their third cruise. Think in the new schemeyou can't stick on the higher tiers if you no longer cruise but haven't seen it in too much detail yet.

Once you reach Caribbean you do not lose it, for the next two you have to cruise on a very regular basis. For Baltic over 85 nights every 3 years. That's about 28 nights a year.

Gan Canny

Dai

Regarding collecting Portunus points...it struck me on our recent Oceana cruise that the four Gold members on our dining table were all in low grade inside cabins and this was the norm for them.....we always have at least an outside sometimes a balcony so actually give P and O more money for our cruise !!!!

Perhaps if the points were awarded for amount spent with P and O, rather than the number of nights you spend on board, it would be more fair??

Loyalty points in other areas i.e Tesco, Nectar, Boots, etc are all given for the amount of mo ney spent not how many times you shop there..,just a thought!!:)

Jenny - I agree too, as do many (except those who do lots of cruises in inside cabins!, thus getting to gold quicker than others)

I've done 13 cruises all in balconies and am still at Sapphire, if points awarded for £'s spent I would probably be gold by now.:)

I am Gold and have been cruising with P&O since 2004 so it can be done. Many of my cruises though have been 20 nights or more. To still be sapphire I guess many of yours Libralass have been 2 and 3 nighters, so despite my choosing cheaper cabins, I have still probably spent more per person with P&O, especially when you add on the single supplement.

I am Gold and have been cruising with P&O since 2004 so it can be done. Many of my cruises though have been 20 nights or more. To still be sapphire I guess many of yours Libralass have been 2 and 3 nighters, so despite my choosing cheaper cabins, I have still probably spent more per person with P&O, especially when you add on the single supplement.

WOW Sharon,single supplement? You don't fancy sharing a cabin on the Star Princess to Tahiti do you?:):cool:

WOW Sharon,single supplement? You don't fancy sharing a cabin on the Star Princess to Tahiti do you?:):cool:

Sorry - all booked up this year and they do occasionally like to see me at work ;) but I am sharing with a friend in May, who I met cruising.

Can't quite see how you get to Gold having only done 3 cruises? We are Sapphire. Only ever book inside cabins and usually do long cruises. ie 26 nights, 25 nights, 16 nights and 24 nights. but we are a long way off Gold.

They'd done part of a world cruise (don't know how many nights but must have done fair bit of it) and Southampton to the Caribbean twice (35 nights each) which is the cruise this thread is about. They only cruise in Winter.

Archived