Labadee or St. Thomas

My boyfriend and I are trying to decide on 2 different cruises. Both on the Explorer out of Bayonne, but the first in April that sails to Bermuda, St. Thomas, St. Maarten & San Juan and the 2nd in May to all the same except instead of St. Thomas, it goes to Labadee.

I've been to both Labadee and St. Thomas, but haven't been to Labadee in 10 years. What would you choose???

Also - I'm concerned about Bermuda in April. I think it's going to be too cold for the beach :(

I love Labadee and was just there recently..but given your choice I would opt for St Thomas....Luckily my cruises have offered both..My favorite is the 8 nighter that includes..St Maarten, St Thomas, San Juan & Labadee...Enjoy whatever you decide as either will be great !!

Labadee for two reasons. First, you've been to both, but they have done a ton of changes to Labadee since our first time there in 2004. Second, sailing from up north, I'd rather sail in May than April in hope o slightly warmer weather on the way down and back!

I would choose St. Thomas over Labadee for the opportunity to spend time on St. John, either on your own or by booking a shore excursion. St. John is just a short ferry ride from St. Thomas and has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

My vote would be for Labadee, Great beach day like going to a private resort without having to pay extra. Although the Painkillers and Bushwackers are good on St. Thomas :) and Magens Bay is Beautiful. Either one is better than a day at work that is for sure.

Cheers,

We were in the same situation as you are but we've been to ST twice and went with the May 10th cruise that went to Labadee.i want to do the zip line bad!

Dond - that's the one I we currently have a deposit on! The April 12th voyage though dropped to $699 for 9 nights. So tempting...

We've chosen the one with Labadee on the itinerary (end of May). It's one of our favorite ports in the Caribbean, and we haven't been there in 5 years (not since all the changes). However, we've been to St. Thomas several times in the interim because it seems to pop up on a vast number of itineraries.

I'd suggest Labadee because if you continue cruising, you're sure to get to St. Thomas many more times in the future!

Are you just planning on that day being a beach day? If so, Labadee is the easiest. St. Thomas obviously has more options of things to do ... shopping, sightseeing, etc. There definitely have been quite a few changes made to Labadee that make it a better port including a pier and better walkways, but it all just comes down to what you want.

Archived