Favorite foo-foo (sweet) drink?

Carrie77

FYI!

The bar staff finally got sick of me asking what was in these fun drinks. They printed me up what looked like a register tape of recipes! I think the computers all have them on them so the bartenders can print them for easy reference. Now I can mix them up at home and pretend I'm cruising all over again:).

Also, I found that on Carnival the "drink of the day" was premixed in big jugs at the bar, and a bit diluted. After that I tried different (mixed on the spot) drinks, all delish!

On which cruiseline were you able to get the recipes printed out?

• 1 month later...

My fave drink on a cruise is definitely a BBC!! I also like Chambord and 7-up. I believe a Miami Vice and the Strawberry Colada are the same thing, I think Miami Vice is Carnival's name for it. Some of these other ones being posted sound good, I will have to expand my repertiore on my cruise in Oct!! :)

• 1 month later...

A question and an anwer..... Why do they call them "Foo Foo Drinks" ?

I like the Miami-Vice, which is always nice.

What is your favorite foo-foo drink? Looking to try some new ones.

Here is a few of mine..

White Russian

Mudslide

Chocolate Martini (ok, so it isn't as sweet as you'd think but it has CHOCOLATE!)

Carrie

• 1 month later...
My favorite is a strawberry colada...layered drink that is half strawberry daquiri and half pina colada...they serve them on RCI ships and in less than 2 months I'll get my quota!:p

I like one that is similar, but called a Lava Lamp on RCI. You can get it with pina colada and key lime, mango, strawberry, or wild berry. My favorite!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pina coladas, margaritas w extra shot cuevo gold and also mudslides

I can't wait to order these drinks

Last year I ordered a bar setup and had a bottle of Barcardi rum waiting in my room, I had a bullit blender and some pina colada mix

What a great way to start the cruise!

You brought the blender with you? Or was it part of the "bar set-up"? I never heard of a bar set-up. Is that only available on certain cruiselines?

Yellow Bird -- If you make them at home, use fresh bananas instead of Creme de Banana. I haven't had one in a long time. I do make them at home, but Galliano is $30 a bottle. The liquor store used to sell Neopolitan, but I can't find it anywhere. It is a good substitute for Galliano when using it for a "foo foo" drink.

I had a yellowbird for the first time last week, and it was really good!

Found this recipe on the web, I'm going to try it as soon as I buy some galliano!

Yellowbird Drink Recipe

Drink Ingredients:

0.75 oz. Vodka

0.75 oz. Orange Juice

0.75 oz. Cream

0.5 oz. Galliano

0.75 oz. white creme de cacao

Instruction:

Add ingredients to a mixing glass filled with ice. Shake and strain into chilled glass.

The Yellow Bird recipe I have uses rum, Galliano, pineapple juice, orange juice, Lemix, and fresh banana. I found it in the NCL book given to us on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sex on the beach - shot of vodka, shot of peach schnapps, orange juice and a little grenadine.

Some people make it with cranberry juice but I always get it with grenadine. I also get them to turn it into a slushie when on the ship. It's much better sipping it by the pool as a slushie.