RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Same here!

I wish they could pick the themes and post them!

Hey Dahling:

The themes are pretty similiar year after year, in case you want to start scoping out your local thrift store for some goodies, or ask Santa for something fierce and fabulouse. Here is the low down to what to expect or set aside.

Uniform/Leather: Leather daddies, cops, boy scouts, harness, handcuffs, ect, ect. Pretty much anything goes. Honey, I"ve seen flogging on the dance floor!!

Retro Goodness: Totally 80's, to disco inferno 70's, dust off your polyester and get your cha cha heals on, cause the tea dance isn't for sippin.

Color: Let's see...we've done blue, and red, and green, and lime, orange. This one, might need to be a last minute rush to the dollar store. Just sayin.

Underwear/Sarong---So wrong its right hunty. Occupy Underwear night was a hoot, so was the sarong festivies. Better order your best whitey tighty's..a fresh pair is the correct pair.

Costume: last year it was mid-ship and so much fun. Group costumes are key, and typically any theme goes. Pregnant Tinkerbells, done. Sky is the limit.

Misc theme: Olympic, Castaway, whatever.

Best bet...just throw a glue gun, and your costume stash in the Louis Vitton, you'll be all set. Don't forget duct tape, some drag makeup, heals, eye lashes, wigs. When all is said and done, borrow/beg/steal from other passangers.... that's where I came up with "Miss Flip Flop" last year, in 2 minutes flat...well 10. I had to pee first!

Bon Voyage Gents! 8-)

One Day Virgin Airways sale - enter code CYBER10 for a 10% discount today ONLY (Cyber Monday) I got round trip from SFO to FLL for $331. Not as low as last year, but still not bad.

Do you have to be a virgin to fly?!?!

*snort*. I'm here all week! 8-)

What plans do people have for pre-cruise in Ft Lauderdale? A few years ago, by chance (it was before my first cruise, which was RSVP Alaska 2009), I was staying at the Alcazar guesthouse in Ft Lauderdale during the time that the RSVP Caribbean cruise was scheduled to depart. So I got to see some of the party outfits that fellow hotel guests had brought along and meet some fun people at the pool.

This year, I will also be in Ft Lauderdale when the RSVP cruise departs, arriving Friday, and leaving on a Pied Piper trip to Panama and Colombia (among other places) on Monday. So we only overlap one night, and that will be a night I am jetlagged (but maybe wide awake when people are coming home from the bar) having just flown in from Europe. Anyone staying at the Worthington or Alcazar (or Villa Venice, which has apparently just come under the same ownership)?

Are there any scuba other divers here? I don't think my usual cruise scuba buddy is not going on the cruise.

In 2010 we booked with Dive Bus in Curacao (not through the cruise line) and it ended up that 5 of us from our cruise were diving together. You go in from the beach and it is a short swim to the reef. They run a good shop.

In Aruba we stuck with a scuba excursion through HAL and it was good too.

Really, Brother Peter? Double negative?

Grammatically yours,

Sister Helen Holy

I pray for forgiveness, Sister!

Can I plead disadvantaged? English is my second language and in Afrikaans - my mother tongue - we do have double negatives. ;)

Oh, Sister Helen. God's Grammar Squad.

I think you'd be pleased to know that I stole your bit about why gay men can't be bulimics. ([finger down the throat} "Nothin'.") It was a real hit with the shop guys at work. Looking forward to seeing you on the cruise.

Final Payment was made a few weeks ago. Did anyone get their HAL booking number so I can start booking shore excursions and complete the online registration?

We won't get that until about 3 or 4 weeks before the cruise.

Oh, Sister Helen. God's Grammar Squad.

I think you'd be pleased to know that I stole your bit about why gay men can't be bulimics. ([finger down the throat} "Nothin'.") It was a real hit with the shop guys at work. Looking forward to seeing you on the cruise.

Oh dear Sinner. I would never speak of such unseemly things. That vile piece of "humor" could only come from Brother Paul J. Williams. Please be careful to who you're addressing such filth!

Morally yours,

Sister Helen Holy

Please be careful to who you're addressing such filth!

Morally yours,

Sister Helen Holy

You do mean, "to WHOM you're addressing such filth," don't you??

So, they haven't issued a list of entertainers; are you on the cruise? How many shows do you do on a typical cruise? (Bingo, 701 Club, what have you ...)

You do mean, "to WHOM you're addressing such filth," don't you??

So, they haven't issued a list of entertainers; are you on the cruise? How many shows do you do on a typical cruise? (Bingo, 701 Club, what have you ...)

I confess this grammatical sin openly and stand humbly corrected.

I will indeed be in onboard ministry in February. The Lord has not yet revealed to me the extent of said ministry at this date. Be in prayer.

Sister Helen

Hurray! We've committed to going - now we just have to settle on the cabin (saved some money on airfare so we're trying to upgrade from the option we put in last week).

Our first cruise with RSVP though we did the Mexican Riviera with Atlantis a couple of years ago. Looking forward to it!

Hurray! We've committed to going - now we just have to settle on the cabin (saved some money on airfare so we're trying to upgrade from the option we put in last week).

Our first cruise with RSVP though we did the Mexican Riviera with Atlantis a couple of years ago. Looking forward to it!

Welcome aboard!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Welcome! New meat is always welcome! (Did I just say that? :p)

I have known Rich Campbell since before his first Club Med so many moons ago. He is a hard working guy, and if it was not for him there would no longer be an RSVP. It is not an easy business he runs and you cannot please everyone. But I have been very happy for the most part with the entire RSVP family.

Anyway, had to say that afer some posts on here.

We are booked into the Courtyard Marriott which is a official RSVP pre-stay hotel, it is located right on the beach and for just $229?Night we get breakfast and a shuttle to the boat. The staff is very gay friendly there though the hotel is not a deluxe Marriott it will serve fine, should be a nice group around the pool. We have stayed there before a few cruises, though we typically stay at the Marriott Resort that is about a mile or so south for real trips.

As far as a theme that is easy to travel with, a touch campy and easy. How about a Wigstock Party...wear your best wig homemade or high fashion, real or highly-imagined?

]

We are booked into the Courtyard Marriott which is a official RSVP pre-stay hotel, it is located right on the beach and for just $229?Night we get breakfast and a shuttle to the boat.

$229 a night doesn't seem cheap to me. There a lot of gay resorts in FLL that are cheaper than that and not far from the cruise terminal.

I finally book , looking forward to see old friends , monumax , M&D,Typhoon1 , Boytjie , pjfunny1, JonV , Dendren, Gigand (sad face that jimnbillnpa are not going) and MNHippie123 what about you and Little Kevin? Looking forward to meeting the new people from Cruise Critic, it Is one hell of an experience.

Looking forward to February.

Donald

I finally book , looking forward to see old friends , monumax , M&D,Typhoon1 , Boytjie , pjfunny1, JonV , Dendren, Gigand (sad face that jimnbillnpa are not going) and MNHippie123 what about you and Little Kevin? Looking forward to meeting the new people from Cruise Critic, it Is one hell of an experience.

Looking forward to February.

Donald

Hooray Donald! Glad you are aboard! Bud light limes waiting for ya! Oh hell, how about some more champagne!!!!!:)

Archived