Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event

LPCKG

I've never been on a ship that had an actual Diamond Lounge, but there is not a concierge at the nightly Diamond Events held on other ships. So no one to hand out ice show tickets, tender tickets, etc. And no preference was given to Diamond members who waited in a long line to get ice show tickets early in the cruise.

On the Mariner at Thanksgiving, we were lucky if there was even a server in the lounge where the Diamond Event was held. On at least 2 evenings, there were just a few glasses already filled with wine sitting on a counter. No idea how long they'd been there (or what might have been added to the wine after it was poured) so we walked out, went to another bar & paid full price for our drinks. Oh, it's good to be Diamond!

Going on the Explorer as a new Diamond member in November. What type of nightly events will they have since there is no dedicated lounge on the ship? Is it only drinks?

Can my cabinmate (emerald) level come to these events as well?

Do I get to eat breakfast in Portofino's in the mornings and can my cabinmate join me?

MARAPRINCE

Going on the Explorer as a new Diamond member in November. What type of nightly events will they have since there is no dedicated lounge on the ship? Is it only drinks?

Do I get to eat breakfast in Portofino's in the mornings and can my cabinmate join me?

MARAPRINCE

You will be invited to the nightly Diamond event, from about 5pm to 8:30pm. They will have free house wine, free house champagne, free soft drinks, and everything else will be 25% off. The rules are that only Diamond members are allowed in the event.

The Protofino's access for breakfast varies by ship, but my experience has been that this is for suite guests. Your ship may differ, if so you should see an explanation in a letter that will be in your stateroom when you board.

Hi, we just became Diamond's and are going on the Voyager next month.

I understand that the Concierge also handed out Ice Show tickets (so you could avoid the long lines).

Is that something we miss out on if we have the Diamond Event versus the Diamond Lounge?

Thanks

As you see it has been 2yrs since we cruised. In the pass all you had to do was show your seapass card and you didn't need tickets. As I read the new benefit changes it seems that benefit has been moved to D+.

Yes, you miss out on free liquor and beer. Hot and cold apps. Breakfast and all day selection of coffee.

And friendly service. You have the same wait staff and conceige. They get to know you. By the 3rd night they usually have your favorite drink to you before you have to ask.

MARAPRINCE

My suggestion...when you go the the Diamond Event the first night, ask the concierge if your cabin mate can join you. If there aren't too many Diamond members sailing, they might grant you permission. Of course it there are more than usual you might be told no. But, it can't hurt to ask! I wrote to RCCL and asked what the policy was. They confirmed what everyone on cc says - Diamond only - but encouraged us to check when we got on board. Good luck!

I'm quite shocked to read that RCI limit the Diamond Lounge/Event to the Diamond member only. I've got Diamond through my Elite status with Celebrity and there has NEVER been a problem taking your cabin companion in with you, and they actively give out lounge passes to them.

I feel that this maybe my last RCI cruise if this really is enforced!!

My suggestion...when you go the the Diamond Event the first night, ask the concierge if your cabin mate can join you. If there aren't too many Diamond members sailing, they might grant you permission. Of course it there are more than usual you might be told no. But, it can't hurt to ask! I wrote to RCCL and asked what the policy was. They confirmed what everyone on cc says - Diamond only - but encouraged us to check when we got on board. Good luck!

Neither of us drink alcohol so it is not like we would be going to get free drinks, more to see what it is all about and maybe socialize a bit.

MARAPRINCE

On the ships without a diamond lounge, you get free wine, champagne, and what about beer? I can't remember, and my BIL will be diamond on our next cruise, and he drinks beer. Thanks!

Sorry, but beer is not complimentary at the nightly Diamond Event

We were on the Independence of the Sea in October. There was a Diamond Lounge accessible only with a key. They had all kinds of wine, beer, mixed drinks, soda, canapes. They were very strict about letting you walk out with a glass of wine. They stopped me twice. You can have all you want while you are in the lounge. We were able to get Ice Show tickets there without waiting on line another day. It's great to meet other Diamond members. We're going back this October and maybe we will meet people from last cruise. It's great to be a Diamond.:)

Archived