Just got our room assignment- good or bad?

We just got assigned room 1232 on the Freedom of the Seas does anyone know if this is a good or bad room to have. We have a balcony so I am wondering if it's an obstructed view or anything like that? Also does anyone happen to know when we are in Labadee if we will be facing the island or not? We have a baby who naps so it would be nice to be able to see the island during his nap. Not sure where to find out these details

You may want to request a cabin change since you are located below the fitness center (I am not sure although what is directly above you in the fitness center, I think the treadmills and stuff on in the front so that should not be a problem)

You will be able to see the bridge staff out on the bridge wing while docking if the dock is on your side

no obstructed view.

As for Labadee, it depends. If you pull straight in you will have the island view, if they decide to back in you won't

I did a quick google search:

There are 3 attributes you should take into consideration when selecting Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232

Overview

Cabins on higher decks, like this one, are very desirable. However, what could be the problem with this type of cabin?

Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232 is in a great location! There is something else you should know about why Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232 may be a good choice.

Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232 may be located in an area with less foot-traffic. Does that mean it will be a quieter cabin?

Pros

The location of Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232 is in the same area as some of the most expensive cabins on the ship. Often, the best cabin stewards/stewardesses are assigned to cabins in this area -- you may get a superior level of service vs a similar cabin in other parts of the ship.

Based on the location of Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232, there is likely to be less foot traffic when compared to other cabins on the ship. Less foot-traffic can mean that Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232 will not be as susceptible to noise generated by people walking (sometimes running) past your cabin.

Cons

Higher decks on larger ships experience more motion when ships encounter rough seas. If you are concerned regarding the potential for seasickness, Freedom of the Seas Cabin 1232 is on a higher deck and might not be a good choice for you. Consider instead getting a cabin on a lower deck.

We just got assigned room 1232 on the Freedom of the Seas does anyone know if this is a good or bad room to have. We have a balcony so I am wondering if it's an obstructed view or anything like that? Also does anyone happen to know when we are in Labadee if we will be facing the island or not? We have a baby who naps so it would be nice to be able to see the island during his nap. Not sure where to find out these details

Just curious how you booked a Balcony Guarantee with 3 or 4 people? They only allowed you to book that way with 2 persons in a cabin.

That cabin only holds 2 people.

Jimbo:)

We didn't there will only be 2 of us in the cabin me and the toddler

Is the inside cabin you kept on the same deck or did you end up on different decks?

Edit: Not sure what catagory inside you have booked, but there are insides available on deck 10, so you could move there if you have an L booked and not have to pay anything additional.

Is the inside cabin you kept on the same deck or did you end up on different decks?

Edit: Not sure what catagory inside you have booked, but there are insides available on deck 10, so you could move there if you have an L booked and not have to pay anything additional.

Thanks! We actually have a lower category booked for the other inside. But I am thinking of upgrading that one as well. We have the lower catergory possible booked for the inside on deck 2 so I am wondering if they would switch me to a gaurantee room. I meant it could only get better from what I have booked right?

Thanks! We actually have a lower category booked for the other inside. But I am thinking of upgrading that one as well. We have the lower catergory possible booked for the inside on deck 2 so I am wondering if they would switch me to a gaurantee room. I meant it could only get better from what I have booked right?

You are guaranteed an inside or better so you could end up on deck 2 in the same cabin you already have or you could end up on deck 10. You never know where they are going to put you.

Wait until you get assigned the other cabin before you decide what to do.

You can call and get your D1 on deck 10 moved to another D1 on a different deck but you must stay in the same Category D1, but you only get to do that once. So you really want to know what to ask for with one phone call all at the same time when moving your cabins around.

Doesn't hurt to play dumb either when on the phone saying you had no idea cabin guarantee's worked this way...Oh my my family must be near each other pretty please!

Edit: What category is the inside cabin? You can't switch to an inside Z Gty now, you are already booked in a higher category. Need to know what inside you have and how much you paid each for the inside?

Wait until you get assigned the other cabin before you decide what to do.

You can call and get your D1 on deck 10 moved to another D1 on a different deck but you must stay in the same Category D1, but you only get to do that once. So you really want to know what to ask for with one phone call all at the same time when moving your cabins around.

Doesn't hurt to play dumb either when on the phone saying you had no idea cabin guarantee's worked this way...Oh my my family must be near each other pretty please!

Edit: What category is the inside cabin? You can't switch to an inside Z Gty now, you are already booked in a higher category. Need to know what inside you have and how much you paid each for the inside?

Gotcha makes perfect sense we have a category Q inside cabin right now and the far back of deck 2. We paid around $2100 for it for the 2 passengers

Gotcha makes perfect sense we have a category Q inside cabin right now and the far back of deck 2. We paid around $2100 for it for the 2 passengers

You can't go to a Category Z then because it's much lower in price and thwey won't give you money back.......... and you would be taking a real chance with a category y which is a cabin with a port hole window. I mean you could get assigned a balcony cabin, but that sure would take ALOT of luck. Most likely you would get assigned a Porthole window cabin on deck 2 or 3 no where near your Balcony on deck 10.

Let me check a few things and I will get back to you.

You can't go to a Category Z then because it's much lower in price and thwey won't give you money back.......... and you would be taking a real chance with a category y which is a cabin with a port hole window. I mean you could get assigned a balcony cabin, but that sure would take ALOT of luck. Most likely you would get assigned a Porthole window cabin on deck 2 or 3 no where near your Balcony on deck 10.

Let me check a few things and I will get back to you.

Thanks Jimbo you are the best!

Okay ...........to make things much much easier......:)

Keep your balcony on deck 10(#1232) and call and upgrade your inside cabin on deck 2 to a Category L, and ask for Cabin #1231, it's right across the hall from your balcony cabin.

It is a handi cap cabin which will be much larger, they allow anyone to book those cabins once it gets close to your sailing. I checked and there are alot more handi cap cabins still available so you should be able to get that cabin no problem.

Plus a handi cap person really doesn't want that cabin anyway since it's a longer walk to then the other handi cap cabins thaty are still available.

The CategoryL should cost you only about $200 more then your inside on deck 2, well worth it to be close to your husband and son plus you will have a much larger cabin, even larger then your balcony cabin.

Good Luck, let us all know how you make out with the upgrade.

We had 1230 on our last Freedom cruise. Loved it! Your cabin is right next door.

Your view is not obstructed in any way at all.

No noise from fitness center above (and I am a light sleeper). Actually there is only

a small outside room off the fitness center right above you that is rarely used except

for a break room and extra storage.

1230 is what I call a "bubble cabin". It has one of those curved plexiglass end pieces

that we loved as it brought in extra light. Every day we waved to the captain,

and gave him the "thumbs up" when he blew the "all aboard horn". Funny!

He later made a point to meet us and said "Hey...you are my nieighbors"! Actually

he really is, as his cabin is just forward of us. Our room steward was in charge of

not just our cabin, but his also. Needless our steward, he was very efficient. ;)

One other nice thing, is that you are starboard side. Makes a wonderful way

to view sailaway on your balcony as you slide out of port! :D

I did hear foot traffic and converstation about 3:30 to 4:00 am, as the door to the bridge is just outside,

and that is shift change time...but not bad. Just crew past there, so no

other pax going by. Still made it quieter than most cabins.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Spoke with my TA yesterday and she advised me to try the gaurantee and then if I didn't like the location pay for the upgrade across the hall. So I went with the gaurantee and guess what- the inside cabin was upgrade to deck 10 just a few doors down the hall. Very happy with this. Thanks everyone for the help!!!

Thanks to everyone for the help. Spoke with my TA yesterday and she advised me to try the gaurantee and then if I didn't like the location pay for the upgrade across the hall. So I went with the gaurantee and guess what- the inside cabin was upgrade to deck 10 just a few doors down the hall. Very happy with this. Thanks everyone for the help!!!

So you changed from a Category Q to a Category Z Inside Guarantee? did you get money back?

Archived