So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

I am probably lighting a powder keg by saying this' date=' but..................[/color']

Why is ok to leave stuff on a chair before the sunrises and don't come back for 4 hours and expect it to be there?

Ok let the beating of a dead horse of a subject begin.

I agree 100%. It's not OK.

So what im finding out here, if you leave your stuff on a chair and lets say you did it at 8am, you leave at 10 am to go get a massage you dont have a right to come back to the chair you were at for two hours already?

Correct. If you leave for any longer than 30 minutes I would assume you forgot to take your belongings.;)

Lets see if i have this straight, I can not leave a chair for more than 30 mins, I can not get up in the morning and put my stuff on a chair to save the chair, Handicap people can not save a chair, I can not save a chair in a Theater, I only have and IQ between 70-79, some people think im a Troll, people on Cruise Critic are very up tight and dont have a sense of humor sometimes.

Let me know if I missed something here.

Your post reminds me of:

I could not, would not, on a boat.

I will not, will not, with a goat.

I will not eat them in the rain.

I will not eat them on a train.

Not in the dark! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! You let me be!

I do not like them in a box.

I do not like them with a fox.

I will not eat them in a house.

I do not like them with a mouse.

I do not like them here or there.

I do not like them ANYWHERE!

I have a sense of humor - :p

First off, you need to know how to spell "assult" it is really Assault. It absolutely does not apply. You cannot claim a chair by leaving your belongings on it and abandoning them for hours. After one hour, anyone has the right to remove it and use the chair.

exan82;32629745]Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Not really sure what your point is here. First off, just because you have never MET a boy that wants to lay in a chair then out being "kenetic"? That is a pretty broad brush to paint all boys with, maybe he isnt feeling well, maybe he likes to read, maybe he already swam and now wants to rest or take a nap. As for rules, my kids are well aware of the rules and hence the reason I left one behind to watch the stuff while we left for a short period of time, said child was intimidated into giving up our chairs by a "chair bully". As for how much time they swim, if you have kids you should know that they lose track of time in the pool. And why are girls a different story? Not sure I am following what your "sayin"

Not sure what you classify as a "chair bully", but if you were gone less than 30 minutes, your child should have stated so. I you were gone more than 30 minutes, then those chairs were available for others to use. Pretty simple. There would be no need to "intimidate" a child, just sit down in a chair that has been unoccupied for more than 30 minutes and if the person (child or not) who was trying to "save" them said something, you just point to the sign and state they were unoccupied for more than 30 minutes and therefore were available. Stating a fact is not intimidation.

Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about that. What if those items belonged to disable Vet or handicap person?

Exactly what if that chair was for a Vet that just came back from the war. Or even worse what if it was for a child or a child with a Disabilty how would that make alot of you feel. I hope BAD. So when you touch someones stuff keep this in mind, It could have been YOU. (:

I would bet that you are the same person.

I love you, CD. :D

As entertaining as this has been, it's also a tremendous time suck,and I must now go try and do something useful with what remains of the day. Carry on, Texans! I found a team shirt for you-

stirring.jpg

He only needs one.

The last two cruises I've been on, my chair was taken when I went to the restroom and another when I went to get a drink. Both times I was gone 10 min. at the most. I'm thinking of making up a sign "Gone to the Restroom be back in 10 min" and put on my chair! I agree with the 30 min. limit too, nothing worse than lurking around the chairs. I feel like a stalker.

Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about that. What if those items belonged to disable Vet or handicap person?

As a disabled military retiree, I can safely so that I know of NO disabled veteran (including myself) that would ever expect preferential treatment or to have any rule bent because of my status. I can't say there aren't veterans like that but I've never met one!

Wow, I may change my standards....I usually give the chair hog one full hour. Simply because sometimes the buffet line is really long but you are coming right back but then you bumped into the buddy you met the night before and visited a few minutes, didn't really mean to be gone that long, etc...But on my upcoming trip I may well lower my standards (or raise them, depending on how you look at it) to the 30 min. most of you are giving them! Chair hogs watch out!! I will kill you with kindness when you come back.....

Just thought I'd add my two cents, since the horse isn't quite dead yet...

The problem is because people started trying to reserve seats in the first place. There simply is no reservation desk here. A flip-flop or an orange do not a reservation make.

Because of the fact that there are all these faux reservations, there is congestion in the actual seats that are available. When there is congestion, people get antsy (think about waiting in rush hour or during road construction). This spurs others into dishing out the vigilante justice because they wanted to have a seat 10 minutes ago.

Here's the solution to the problem: Just remove all the towels at random intervals in the wee hours of the morning. It's pretty obvious when there is no one enjoying the pool or hot tub. If someone just left to grab breakfast, then too bad. They can eat breakfast and then get a seat on the deck. That in itself should solve some of the problem. Of course, you would still have the people grabbing a seat, sitting for a while and then sauntering off for who knows how long, which is why you would also need to announce every few hours that there will be a swabbing of the deck, so to speak, and any unattended objects will be removed for the chairs.

If this is in effect and strongly enforced the first day or two, you should probably have very little problem the rest of the cruise.

It really is not that time-consuming and as long as Carnival is upfront about the expectations, no one should have any major problems about it. Of course, that does require that people accept personal responsibility, which would have solved the problem in the first place... :rolleyes:

Alot of you on here are selfish and dont car about other people's stuff, dont worry it will happen to all you once or twice at some point. Just lack of CLASS by alot of you, thats why you sail Carnival.

Oh dear.

I'm sorry you feel this way, especially since it looks like you will be cruising on Carnival yourself.

Also, please consider the way that you are presenting your arguments, especially when you are calling into questions someone else's class or reputation. I'd hate for that to come back to you tenfold.

Oh dear.

I'm sorry you feel this way, especially since it looks like you will be cruising on Carnival yourself.

Also, please consider the way that you are presenting your arguments, especially when you are calling into questions someone else's class or reputation. I'd hate for that to come back to you tenfold.

Oh I can put any cruise date on the bottom of my screen, If you want me to change that I will for you.:cool:

I have came to find out there are alot of good point of views. But everything has a cause and effect, its a two way street. So if you do something bad to someone it comes back on you 10 fold, I like to think.

Alot of you on here are selfish and dont car about other people's stuff, dont worry it will happen to all you once or twice at some point. Just lack of CLASS by alot of you, thats why you sail Carnival.

The lack of glass goes to the chair hog.:rolleyes:

To me a chair hog is someone who puts stuff on a chair to hold the chair and then walks off, not using the chair at all. Now if I see someone do this, and I go to breakfast and come back up, and they are still not in their chair, and all the chairs are gone, then seems to me, I have every right to move their stuff, give it to an attendant and enjoy the seat. Plain and simple. Not theft, not assault. Chair hogs work under the notion that if they put stuff on a chair it's theirs. The stuff on the chair is theirs and that's all. Sorry, not fond of hogs. Pigs.

Not sure what you classify as a "chair bully", but if you were gone less than 30 minutes, your child should have stated so. I you were gone more than 30 minutes, then those chairs were available for others to use. Pretty simple. There would be no need to "intimidate" a child, just sit down in a chair that has been unoccupied for more than 30 minutes and if the person (child or not) who was trying to "save" them said something, you just point to the sign and state they were unoccupied for more than 30 minutes and therefore were available. Stating a fact is not intimidation.

Well, we werent gone more than 30 minutes and I do think that anyone who would do that to a kid is a "bully". I am thinking that you probably wouldn't do it to some big, burly, tatooed guy drinking Jack Daniels. This particular "bully" asked about the chairs, my kid said they were taken and the took the chairs anyway. She gathered the stuff and went to find me, visibly upset. I would have made an issue about it, but decided that it wasnt worth it and just found other chairs elsewhere. The "facts" are that these "bullies" had no idea how long I was gone and didnt really care that my kid said I would be back. Do you have kids? If you do, are you really OK with adults shaking them down to give up their chairs?

I would bet that you are the same person.

I was thinking that same thing a couple of days ago....just an intuition from several threads. I don't so much mind it though.......the baiting comments may get people to come out of their shell a little more than they usually would, they get to be part of a group against an ignorant way of thinking, and, it's nice to have pure rediculousness to read when you're bored (better than watching a housewives reality show because at least the fake drama is about cruising!)

So, to the Texas Twins, I have a sense of humor and don't even so much mind the trolling, but think of something new this is getting pathetic. (and yes.... I'm realize I'm still obviously reading it LOL!)

I was thinking that same thing a couple of days ago....just an intuition from several threads. I don't so much mind it though.......the baiting comments may get people to come out of their shell a little more than they usually would, they get to be part of a group against an ignorant way of thinking, and, it's nice to have pure rediculousness to read when you're bored (better than watching a housewives reality show because at least the fake drama is about cruising!)

So, to the Texas Twins, I have a sense of humor and don't even so much mind the trolling, but think of something new this is getting pathetic. (and yes.... I'm realize I'm still obviously reading it LOL!)

I will find something else then.

Archived