From the Enchantment - Feb 27 cruise

Cuizer2

Thanks! A "STEAM" shower...can't wait to see what that is! Hee hee! Now a question on everyone's mind....well at least mine....Are current menus for Enchantment posted anywhere? Not that I NEED to know what's being served before I sail...but it's fun to see! The only ones I can I find on the web are from 2002!

HLR

I agree.....I like to look at the menus too.

I agree.....I like to look at the menus too.

I found this link but can't open the files (click on thumbnail). I am using Firefox and am going to try IE.

http://cruiseclues.com/enchantment/foodmenus.htm

Sudsy

It does work with IE9. I have no idea how old the info is as I just now got into it.

I still can't open the thumbnails.

Edited by stevensoap

I found this link but can't open the files (click on thumbnail). I am using Firefox and am going to try IE.

http://cruiseclues.com/enchantment/foodmenus.htm

Sudsy

It does work with IE9. I have no idea how old the info is as I just now got into it.

I still can't open the thumbnails.

I am on an iPad and I can't open them either. Thanks for finding them though.

TO: CRUIZER2

Wondering if the there's been any announcement as to whether the propulsion engine has been completely repaired and is now capable of operating at 100% ??

Not to my knowledge. However, when I see an officer I'll ask.

Thanks! A "STEAM" shower...can't wait to see what that is! Hee hee! Now a question on everyone's mind....well at least mine....Are current menus for Enchantment posted anywhere? Not that I NEED to know what's being served before I sail...but it's fun to see! The only ones I can I find on the web are from 2002!

HLR

Yes, just outside the MDR. I have not been taking pictures of the menus myself.

I plan to watch the marinetracker web site closely tonight to see when the Enchantment comes into range. Probably won't be until late. I am fascinated by the movements of the ships in the Caribbean in the evenings and thru the night. I bet they negotiate with the various islands so everybody gets a little of the tourism money.

And I agree on the photos, they are great.

Sudsy:D

I will be watching too Sudsy!!! Come on over I have popcorn, we can watch together! lol

I will be watching too Sudsy!!! Come on over I have popcorn, we can watch together! lol

pretty boring tonite so far. See if you can see the gray vessel way north of St. Thomas. It's been showing 37.4 kts. That's fast for something out that far. may BE GONE NOW. toward Bermuda.

TYPING IN BED ON NETBOOK

It's about 566 nm nne of Puerto Rico. Bet it's military

Edited by stevensoap

We are sailing on the Enchantment on a 8 day cruise in August 2012. It sails from Baltimore to Bermuda, Newport, & Boston. Does anyone know if the ship will have the Quest? Also what might the other entertainment be on that cruise. Thank you Scobby Doo:)

The Quest is fairly standard entertainment on the ship and not to be missed. Remember, what happens on Enchantment, stays on Enchantment;)...unless you become part of the Cruise In Review video.:eek::rolleyes::p

pretty boring tonite so far. See if you can see the gray vessel way north of St. Thomas. It's been showing 37.4 kts. That's fast for something out that far. may BE GONE NOW. toward Bermuda.

TYPING IN BED ON NETBOOK

Yeah I saw that too.. humm...maybe it's a Party Ship lol:D

Not to my knowledge. However, when I see an officer I'll ask.

I'm not onboard BUT I have a good friend who works on the ship and at the last report from Him the ship is still not fixed to 100% after leaving Baltimore Monday....still the one engine at 65%

TYPING IN BED ON NETBOOK

37.4kts!!!! Now thats bookin'. Must be a Cigarette!

I'm not onboard BUT I have a good friend who works on the ship and at the last report from Him the ship is still not fixed to 100% after leaving Baltimore Monday....still the one engine at 65%

Good to know. Then there is always the possibility we won't get to Key West. Won't make a lot of people very happy but probably best to know it might happen.

Appreciate your update!:)

Well, the ship is dead in the water right now, so I joined a tour and I'm at some Internet Cafe near a beach on Tortola. The cost is less than on the ship but OMG is this computer slooow. I would think it was a 486 except it is running Windows XP.

Well, at any rate the rumor is that they will have the ship moving again at 6pm (we are one hour ahead of East Cost time and four hours ahead of West Coast time).

Lots of clouds, but otherwise the weather is nice.

We also have js aft cabin 7668 booked on deck 7 for a July cruise. I have heard different opinions about the aft cabins on this deck. I would be curious to hear what you have to say about the cabins back there.

We are booked in 7668 on the 6/14 Bermuda sailing so I will post about it when we return.

Well, the ship is dead in the water right now, so I joined a tour and I'm at some Internet Cafe near a beach on Tortola. The cost is less than on the ship but OMG is this computer slooow. I would think it was a 486 except it is running Windows XP.

Well, at any rate the rumor is that they will have the ship moving again at 6pm (we are one hour ahead of East Cost time and four hours ahead of West Coast time).

Lots of clouds, but otherwise the weather is nice.

DEAD IN THE WATER?? You are in port now, right? Are you telling us the ship has lost all power or just being funny with your "dead in the water" remark?

Does not sound like things are good or am I misreading your post? Please clarify. Thanks. :eek::eek:

Edited by welovetocruisetwo
Error

We are in Tortola right now. Ship is fine. We have heard no official report on the engines, so everyone is still assuming that one is still not completely fixed. We arrived here a few minutes early. The trip over was perfect. The crew is great, and we're having a lot of fun. They raised the OBC for balconies and above to 300 dollars. FWIW, I have looked at our wake a few times, and there was no noticable difference between the two engines. Anyway, things couldn't be better. If you're on the up coming sailing, I wouldn't worry.

We are in Tortola right now. Ship is fine. We have heard no official report on the engines, so everyone is still assuming that one is still not completely fixed. We arrived here a few minutes early. The trip over was perfect. The crew is great, and we're having a lot of fun. They raised the OBC for balconies and above to 300 dollars. FWIW, I have looked at our wake a few times, and there was no noticable difference between the two engines. Anyway, things couldn't be better. If you're on the up coming sailing, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for your update. Yes, a lot of us on the next cruise are very concerned that we may miss a port if things are not fixed. Keep us in the loop and thanks ahead of time. :)

Hope you continue to have a terrific cruise!:cool:

Cigar King,

We appreciate your comment; thanks so much. Not very funny that someone makes a statement that causes others to "worry"!! What's' funny about that??

Continue to have a wonderful cruise and many thanks from everyone on the MArch 10th sailing! :):cool:

Edited by welovetocruisetwo
Error

Cigar King,

We appreciate your comment; thanks so much. Not very funny that someone makes a statement that causes others to "worry"!! What's' funny about that??

Continue to have a wonderful cruise and many thanks from everyone on the MArch 10th sailing! :):cool:

I am assuming to OP doing this review thread, who has been wonderful about giving us awesome posts and amazing pictures meant that the shipds internet is dead in the water.