From the Enchantment - Feb 27 cruise

Cuizer2

On the subject of crew members remembering past guests ...... Our first cruise was in 07 on the Enchantment. We did the traditional dining at a table for 6. Ajay was our waiter and very good. But he told us he was leaving soon . So 2 yrs later we cruise again, on Enchantment, and did the MTD. The card on our table said Ajay...... and we thought no way ! But there he was. Now I am not an outgoing person, actually sort of shy. So I said nothing. He kept looking at me and finally said " have you been a guest here before?" I was floored that after 2 yrs he remembered me ! They didn't have wow cards then or he for sure would have gotten one. He brought us an extra dessert to try.

Love reading all the posts about the Enchantment. Love that ship !!!!!

We were on the 2/18 cruise in cabin 8172. Frederick was great. Tell him that Dana, Diane and Jordan said Hi.

Good to know....we are in 8172 next month. It makes such a difference when you have a great cabin steward.

Thanks!

Is the ship repaired from the prop problems of last week?

I would think they'd need to shut it down to work on it, which means working on it while in port as they've been using it while cruising. Just a guess, but it's kind of hard to work on a running motor.

I would think they'd need to shut it down to work on it, which means working on it while in port as they've been using it while cruising. Just a guess, but it's kind of hard to work on a running motor.

Yes, we are all aware of that it probably has to be worked on in port.

However there was a post on or about 2/26 on another thread advising that a part was being flown in and it was speculated that the repair would be done in Baltimore. So it's reasonable to ask CRUIZER2 if there has been any mention of the repair.

Yes, we are all aware of that it probably has to be worked on in port.

However there was a post on or about 2/26 on another thread advising that a part was being flown in and it was speculated that the repair would be done in Baltimore. So it's reasonable to ask CRUIZER2 if there has been any mention of the repair.

Since you specifically asked cuizer2 I consciously did not quote you but another poster who asked. When I quote someone it's because I'm directing my answer to them and no one else. There have been no indications that the repair has been made from anyone onboard. Cuizer2 is not the only person posting and from everything I've read no mention has been made of the prop at all.

Edited by BND

Since you specifically asked cuizer2 I consciously did not quote you but another poster who asked. When I quote someone it's because I'm directing my answer to them and no one else. There have been no indications that the repair has been made from anyone onboard. Cuizer2 is not the only person posting and from everything I've read no mention has been made of the prop at all.

Here we go again:mad:

The balcony next door - cabin 8666 ...

D5f.jpg

NICE!! This is my balcony for my cruise on 3/31.

BTW - You have some of the best pictures I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to more. :-)

Hi, Patricia and Peggy!

Thanks cruizer2! We will be boarding the Enchantment on April 19 so we are glad for any updates.

Hi,

We can now say we are cruising next month.:)

Sorry don't mean to hijack thread....just excitement crusing on the Enchantment.

Happy crusing everyone!!

The balcony next door - cabin 8666 ...

D5f.jpg

BTW - You have some of the best pictures I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to more. :-)

I stayed in this room (8666) last March. You're going to love it!

To ALL!

I feel better now. I thought it was just me but now I see this guy is just argumentative and pessimistic.

Forever optimistic!

Sudsy:D

I stayed in this room (8666) last March. You're going to love it!

WOW. Pack your roller skates!:eek:

Baltimore's Inner Harbor ...

D1a.jpg

I've lived in the Baltimore area for almost 45 years and I have to say that this picture of the harbor is the best I've seen.

I lived in Bel Air for 20+ years. I return to see family and lots has changed.

Agree that is a great shot of the harbor!

I am also a Firefox user. In order to make the most efficient use of my internet time, what I did was use IE only to handle the login and logout from the Wi-Fi service.

Once you are logged in and the little pop-up window shows up saying you are, then all your internet applications will work, including e-mail clients and other browsers!

I used IE for login/logoff only and Firefox for all other web browsing.

The speed was fine for me, not too much slower than my low-speed DSL service at home. But... I tended to get on-line later at night when there were fewer other users.

As you have discovered, you can compose your work while off-line (be it e-mail, forum posts, etc.) then go on-line, mail/post, etc., then get back off-line right away. That stretches the minutes out.

On the subject of the repairs... it is my opinion that since the altered itinerary was set with the reduced speed of the ship in mind, they will feel no need to inform you of any repairs, simply because unless things get worse, it won't have any effect on your current schedule.

On our cruise last week, once the plans stopped changing, they stopped telling us how things were going with the repair efforts. It was a little frustrating for those who like to know what's going on, even if it has no direct affect on us at the moment.

Theron

To ALL!

I feel better now. I thought it was just me but now I see this guy is just argumentative and pessimistic.

Forever optimistic!

LOL. I am so not a guy.

Okay, I had to get real sneaky and creative to get the answers to the questions (translation - don't try this at home). I went to the MDR and asked.

Both Cappucino & Espresso are available in the MDR for about $3.50 each.

There is a men's locker room with showers. When I asked about the steam room or sauna I was told it is a steam shower. There is no cost.

Thanks! A "STEAM" shower...can't wait to see what that is! Hee hee! Now a question on everyone's mind....well at least mine....Are current menus for Enchantment posted anywhere? Not that I NEED to know what's being served before I sail...but it's fun to see! The only ones I can I find on the web are from 2002!

HLR

I plan to watch the marinetracker web site closely tonight to see when the Enchantment comes into range. Probably won't be until late. I am fascinated by the movements of the ships in the Caribbean in the evenings and thru the night. I bet they negotiate with the various islands so everybody gets a little of the tourism money.

And I agree on the photos, they are great.