Port Canaveral dilemma

We are cruising the Dream in June. Do we fly into Orlando and pay for the Carnival transfers or fly into Melbourne and figure a way to the port?

Any advice is appreciated. Just trying to figure the best way for us. Also what is the earliest flight time back anyone can suggest from Orlando. If we did the Carnival transfers I don't know what time the shuttle leaves the Port to go back to Orlando?

Fly into Orlando. Stright shot on the Beeline to the Port. Rent a car as there are drop offs close to the port. Chrck the prices online and see about the best rates available.

Check out the Florida Ports area for information about the ports. There is a person there that lives in Cocoa that has given out pretty good and reliable advise.

I am from central Flroida and drive to the ports. Have a BIL that lived in Cocoa and now lives in Melbourne, so there goes my free parking and delivery and pick up services?:D

We flew into Orlando a few days early rented a car for $20.00 a day and then drove to the port. We dropped off rental car and jumped on their shuttle to take us to the ship. It was a very nice and easy drive form Orlando to the Port.

Then we just did the transfers back. Our flight left at 2:30 out of Orlando, our number was called around 9:30 to disembark and jump on the shutle to the airport. Only had maybe 1.5 hours to wait until our flight. Pretty painless... :D

What car rental company did you use? How close is the drop-off to the ship. We are also traveling on the Dream in December and looking at renting cars each way as it is about the same as using a shuttle service for three poeple.

Thanks

Been researching this for our upcoming cruise. During my research i was told to use Budget Rental Car and use this rental car code: Y937800

This code took a small SUV from $144 each way down to $44 each way including taxes and fees. So i imagine a smaller vehicle would be cheaper. There are other rental car companies but this is the cheapest i found.

Good luck!:)

Thanks all for this info, we are sailing Dream in Nov- I looked in the Port Canaveral home port section, but it was difficult finding that person who lives there 's post. We are planning to fly in to MCO on Fri. Are there toll rds fr airport to Cocoa Beach? I read that somewhere. If so how much? Renting a car sounds good if it is an easy commute to Cocoa B. Thanks again

Thanks all for this info, we are sailing Dream in Nov- I looked in the Port Canaveral home port section, but it was difficult finding that person who lives there 's post. We are planning to fly in to MCO on Fri. Are there toll rds fr airport to Cocoa Beach? I read that somewhere. If so how much? Renting a car sounds good if it is an easy commute to Cocoa B. Thanks again

yes its one road from the airport to cocoa beach and it is a toll road. i think the tolls come to 3$ total or something like that.

What car rental company did you use? How close is the drop-off to the ship. We are also traveling on the Dream in December and looking at renting cars each way as it is about the same as using a shuttle service for three poeple.

Thanks

We used Thrifty and it was $20.00 a day unlimited mileage when I reserved it. It is maybe a mile or 2 from the cruise pier, not far at all... :)

We used Thrifty and it was $20.00 a day unlimited mileage when I reserved it. It is maybe a mile or 2 from the cruise pier, not far at all... :)

Did you use a promotional code or discount? The cheapest that's showing for my cruise Sept 21st to return on the 22nd is $60.79 unlimited and that's for an Aveo!:eek: We need something a little bigger than that.;)

Thanks for your help.

OP: Also, the thread you need to find is the "I work in Port Canaveral". Post a question and you'll get a quick response. There are 2 or 3 people that live in the area that is nice enough to answer all types of questions in regards to Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

We cruised the Dream last Halloween and stayed at the Hampton Inn. We got their cruise package which included all transporation to/from the airport and cruise port both before and after the cruise. That was the best option for us because neither of us wanted to be in charge of driving. I believe the cost for the cruise package was $199 for two people. We figured we would spend a little over $100 on a hotel anyone so $50 per person roundtrip transporation was good for us. The hotel used Travelynx which was awesome. I believe you can book them on your own.

Our ship was delayed getting back due to a medical emergency when we had to turn around and head back to Nassau on our final sea day. We didn't get into port until 8am and our flight was 11:30 out of MCO. Needless to say, we were shaking in our boots. We had already decided to do self-assist debarkation and Travelynx was calling me before we had even docked to assure us that a driver would be there and waiting for us when we arrived. He was right there. I loved how they ensured we would not miss our flights and knew that our ship was arriving late without me even calling them in a panic (which I was going to do). I can't say enough about Travelynx. They rock!

Did you use a promotional code or discount? The cheapest that's showing for my cruise Sept 21st to return on the 22nd is $60.79 unlimited and that's for an Aveo!:eek: We need something a little bigger than that.;)

Thanks for your help.

OP: Also, the thread you need to find is the "I work in Port Canaveral". Post a question and you'll get a quick response. There are 2 or 3 people that live in the area that is nice enough to answer all types of questions in regards to Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

No, sorry. Just went to their website and entered the dates that I needed a car for and that was the rate that came up. :)

Archived