Carnial Dream picture review

mpcaruth

Thanks for the great picture review. I am trying to decide between the Conquest and the Dream for next December

You know, by December the Conquest will have had its 2.0 upgrades. Plus, New Orleans would be a great pre/post-cruise destination. Both cruise ship options are great, and you will have fun either way.

I use two cameras: my bulky DSLR, Canon Rebel TI1 with lens' and my small super zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1. Both of these cameras are about 3 years old. I have had 3 generations of the Panasonic and have loved all of them. I am thinking about upgrading my Panasonic for a newer Lumix this year.

Thank you. They take great pics.

The Tortuga store is on Jefferson St, less than 2 blocks from the exit of the cruise terminal. When exiting the cruise terminal walk straight ahead to the main road (Bay St., I think) Go about a block to the right on Bay Street, and take a left onto Jefferson St. The Tortuga store is only about 1/2 block on your left.

Love your review! It was just the right length for me, meaning could read it on one night! We're thinking about the Dream, but the Western itinerary. We did Eastern on the Freedom of the Seas last year and loved it, though.

The picture of the Oasis vs. Dream just amazes me. It's still crazy expensive and out of our price range though, but the Dream still looks like a great ship, and you have ports to enjoy. I'm sure if your kids were on the Oasis, they'd complain about what they missed out on on the ship, because a week on the ship with ports probably isn't long enough to experience the whole thing anyway!

Glad you guys had a great time!

I'm looking at booking this ATV tour. Looks great !

They have an 840 am tour. I see cruise ship arrives St Maarten at 8:00 am. Do you think there is enough time to get off the ship and make it to the 8:40 tour?

Thanks !!

Paula

I had asked for the early one too, but they said that time was not available for our ship. I think the available times were 11:00 and 2:00. Email them, they are quick to respond.

Just FYI I tried to look at the pics again and the links are not working now.

hhmmm. All the photos are linked from photobucket and my account does not have any bandwidth restrictions. Hopefully it was just a short term glitch. Let me know if the photos are still unavailable.

hhmmm. All the photos are linked from photobucket and my account does not have any bandwidth restrictions. Hopefully it was just a short term glitch. Let me know if the photos are still unavailable.

Ah HA I found the problem... I clicked on a link that had been "copied" and it did not work, went back to the actual post and it's fine.... sorry, my bad

I use two cameras: my bulky DSLR, Canon Rebel TI1 with lens' and my small super zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1. Both of these cameras are about 3 years old. I have had 3 generations of the Panasonic and have loved all of them. I am thinking about upgrading my Panasonic for a newer Lumix this year.

Can you mention how you got the black border around the pictures?

It makes the photos "Pop", and they look amazing! I always do white borders, but I love the black better. Is it the camera or where you store them?

great review too!

Great review and wonderful pictures! We are cruising on the Dream on Saturday the same itinerary as yours. I can't wait! I was wondering if you could tell me which nights are the formal nights onboard? Thanks!

The first formal night (lobster night) is Sunday, the day the ship is in Nassau. The second formal night is Thursday, a Sea Day.

The Funtimes are posted on John Healds blog:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2011-08-10/.

Also, the MDR menus are posted at:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new/index.htm

Can you mention how you got the black border around the pictures?

It makes the photos "Pop", and they look amazing! I always do white borders, but I love the black better. Is it the camera or where you store them?

great review too!

I cheat with post processing software, using a batch processing program which automatically reduces file size and adds a border to all images with one click. Reducing file size is great for uploading photos to the web. The software I use is free shareware located at download dot com (affiliated with cnet dot com). It is called Photoscape. I have used this software (with upgrades) for at least 6-7 years. It's not quite Lightroom, but it great for being free!

Archived