Stewards had a clipboard on cart clearly showing who had not paid tips

picklebongo

The only difference I can infer is that most Americans carry credit card debt to one degree or another. (thankfully I do not). If they leave it on their sail & sign, then it adds to the credit card bill and thus increases their debt total, if they decide to pay it in cash, it alleviates that portion of possible future debt. Just a thought.

Passengers have several options if they don't wish to increase their credit card debt. They can use cash only for their onboard expenses by depositing $X amount at the beginning or they can pay off their account on the last evening using cash and thereby having nothing on their credit card.

This is Ron Pass's take on the infamous Swine Flu Splendor trip:

And' date=' to be fair to Carnival, we all did get a 50% off credit towards a future cruise of our choice.[/quote']

haha. is he singing on that actual ship?

Are you saying u only tip $2 per day. Do u realize how much work they do? I bet u are one that go and complain about ur service. REALLY? $2 pp per day WOW.

nope. read again.

i'm talking about the portion they take from me that goes to people other than my stewards and dining room staff.

right now, on my next cruise, a minimum of my tip, will be $5.80 and $3.70 per person, daily, respectively, which is the amount they recommend and deduct from me in my autotip.

I will be on my 3rd cruise next month, for the 1st 2 I paid the suggested tip on my account and gave cash to the room steward and waiter, this cruise I prepaid and will add to it again. There are so many people behind the scenes that made these cruises awesome. I have to budget my funds but I don't feel that it is an excuse to not tip, tips are part of their wages and even if they are not perfect they deserve it. Who of us are perfect every day at work?

I had a friend who worked as a waitress on Princess. She was given a list at the beginning of cruises as to who pre-tipped. She told me that they were given extra attention because they knew that they would be given a good tip, and possibly more. Also, the known list of frequent flyers who do not tip / refuse to tip or complain a lot. The wait staff / room staff is a sub-culture in and of itself. Like any good sales person, you want to know as much about your clients as possible. We now pre-pay gratuities on all our cruises. Get it out of the way as early as possible, and then give an add-on to those who went the extra mile.

Archived