Stewards had a clipboard on cart clearly showing who had not paid tips

picklebongo

I went to Mr. Heald's facebook and a sampling of the comments are below:

bill zydecocruiser "this is from a know instigator, picklelips"

Jamie Fowles "This cheap bastard is mad because he thought he maybe busted"

Cortney Bloom "probably a RCL lover"

Nancy Infinger "troll/whack job"

and the other cheap shots continue

interesting that nobody got mad when I praised the cd Karl with a K as being the best I've encountered, praised the security staff, gave kudos to the behavior of kids onboard, etc, but just one observation, which wasn't even a criticism, causes adults to vent a spleen, spew venom and resort to namecalling. Oh my word!

But you know what, I've been at cc a number of years now and I've NEVER allowed myself to display this type of unseemly behavior and I won't in this instance either.

I have not seen JH's facebook and I guess it is a good thing as it sounds as if it attracts a less than classy crowd.

I posted earlier on this thread that I did not care if there is a list, but I definitely would never doubt its existence.

Personally I think Carnvial should not allow anyone to take the tips off of their account. I see it every cruise and it really makes me mad. Those people work really hard. People spend their money on booze and gambling then go up there and take their tips off. I have been on 14 carnival cruises and never once have I had bad service. Some people will never be happy no matter how good the service is

You know, I think it probably ends as a wash. There are plenty of people who augment their minimum required tip and that helps cover the few nasty cheapskates. I honestly don't think that many individuals withhold tips. :)

I hope.

So, there's those folks here that accept JH's FB explanation from the housekeeping director that the list is dining times as being the final word and those that think it's a bunch of baloney( room stewards are trained by the KGB to spy and report on cruisers:rolleyes:) and the CIA,FBI, or the Lone Gunmen staged 9-11, the moonwalk was a hoax and Snooki is more of a goddess than Kim.

Time to move on.

So, there's those folks here that accept JH's FB explanation from the housekeeping director that the list is dining times as being the final word and those that think it's a bunch of baloney( room stewards are trained by the KGB to spy and report on cruisers:rolleyes:) and the CIA,FBI, or the Lone Gunmen staged 9-11, the moonwalk was a hoax and Snooki is more of a goddess than Kim.

Time to move on.

Ok, I can let it go. But I actually started questioning my own self, like did I really see this or not. I vividly recall getting out my camera, trying to zoom in really close to the clipboard, looking furtively around, but having the camera just present a blurred image. Maybe I was holding the camera too close, but anywho...I'm done defending the existence of the list.

No, it is definitely not worth 358 postings, nor over 17,000 people just checking in to see what is being said. At this point I feel the whole thread should be locked, this is a first ever for me to say, because what is the value of folks arguing over whether I saw this list or not. My goal was simply to say, yes the stewards do know you have removed your tips, nothing more and nothing less. It was NOT a statement about the value of their work or anything else.

How do I get my own thread removed?

I went over the the fb page to see how bad it was.

JH said that the stewards do not know who has paid and who has removed tips.

I was always under the impression that when tips are removed, the steward is told, especially if the tips were removed for poor service. (I mean, this would make sense right??? )

Anyway, whther JH is telling the truth or not (sad that I even think he could be lying), the band of usuals came out on full attack, even though there was at least one person who stated that she saw a similar clipboard and it specifically had 'tips removed' written on it. There also were one or two other people who mentioned clip boards but did not see anything about tips on them.

Big_Duck also came to her defense in a very nice manner by just stating a fact and some Bozo made a nasty comment about him in return...

My personal feelings on this are that although I do not know the OP, she has been a CC member for a long time. I certainly am not in agreement with her all the time, but I would never think of her as someone who would make something like this up. She is known to do her absolute best at helping people on these boards with questions. I find it horrifying that she was attacked outside this board. It's bad enough she underwent scrutiny here.

From a business standpoint, it doesn't seem like good sense to mock your customers,

Any other business would not only not tolerate that, but would FIRE someone doing what JH is doing.

If I had never sailed Carnival and just happened upon one of those shark-attacks (that happen almost daily btw), knowing their Brand Ambassador is leading the charge there is NO way I would choose to cruise the line.

It doesn't look good. Think about it.

I certainly don't take what JH says as gospel. As for Pickle, she may start some unique threads, but I certianly don't think she would fabricate a story. If this is what she says, I tend to believe her.......

Use some foul language, specifically call out someone in name, break one of the named rules... of course that would be bad for you...

I would suggest submitting a request to one of the moderators...

No, it is definitely not worth 358 postings, nor over 17,000 people just checking in to see what is being said. At this point I feel the whole thread should be locked, this is a first ever for me to say, because what is the value of folks arguing over whether I saw this list or not. My goal was simply to say, yes the stewards do know you have removed your tips, nothing more and nothing less. It was NOT a statement about the value of their work or anything else.

I had stayed away from this thread because of the arguing that usually happens when tips are mentioned.

I think the stewards have to be told who removed tips and who didn't. If one knows that they have X amount of passenegers and should be getting X amount of tips from those passengers, when that cruise is over and then sees his pay stub which reflects a lower amount, don't you think they would have questions about it? IMO, Carnival and any other cruise lines does it so that their employees will know what happened.

It may not get deleted, but the thread goes on. Each time Pickle responds, the thread goes on. Now her response is "wishing the thread to be deleted". Guess what, the contraversy continues but with a slightly different slant.

Pickle......Keep your fingers OFF the keyboard, let the thread die with boredom all by itself!!!!

Don't touch that keyboard!!!

I had stayed away from this thread because of the arguing that usually happens when tips are mentioned.

I think the stewards have to be told who removed tips and who didn't. If one knows that they have X amount of passenegers and should be getting X amount of tips from those passengers, when that cruise is over and then sees his pay stub which reflects a lower amount, don't you think they would have questions about it? IMO, Carnival and any other cruise lines does it so that their employees will know what happened.

This is quite logical and I have absolutely no problem with them doing this. I know I'd like to plan for a big reduction in my weekly pay.

It may not get deleted, but the thread goes on. Each time Pickle responds, the thread goes on. Now her response is "wishing the thread to be deleted". Guess what, the contraversy continues but with a slightly different slant.

Pickle......Keep your fingers OFF the keyboard, let the thread die with boredom all by itself!!!!

I laughed out loud when I read this because I had already responded to somebody else prior to reading yours. I just feel this insane need to respond to whatever somebody says. But your advice or admonition is good, I'm done. Thanks for the morning chuckle!

And yet you post (more than once)..with nothing to add except that this thread should cease??

Explain the logic in this to me. :rolleyes:

There is no way I'm going to read all these posts, but I do know JH "immoritalized " you on his facebook.

States that this is absolutely untrue, the list contains names, room numbers, dining times and bed configurations.

Carole

interesting that nobody got mad when I praised the cd Karl with a K as being the best I've encountered, praised the security staff, gave kudos to the behavior of kids onboard, etc, but just one observation, which wasn't even a criticism, causes adults to vent a spleen, spew venom and resort to namecalling. Oh my word!

But you know what, I've been at cc a number of years now and I've NEVER allowed myself to display this type of unseemly behavior and I won't in this instance either.

At the same time Pickle, you had to expect some fall out, it's a "he said/she said" sort of issue.

Really wish you could have gotten a picture as proof positive!!!

At this point it's kinda just a rumor thing.

JMO, Carole

Either click on the Red triangle on the upper right side of your post & ask that this thread be locked or removed since you are the OP, or you can email:

community@cruisecritic.com

Wow! I get to see my name. My actual name on a Cruise Critic post. BTW, you took part of my post on Facebook AND you took it out of context. Bravo.

After reading +370 posts I have to ad my 0.02 cents.

I believe the OP.

I leave pre-paid tips on my bill and tip extra as earned.

As for those "poor overworked employees" - no one put a gun to their head to hire on. They could always go home and do what ? Nothing. They are on the cruise ship because the money is much better then any other option available to them. :rolleyes:

I do hate it when people over here take what you said and send it over to John Heald for his comment.

Happened to me several times and would never do it to someone else.

You betcha! (Especially when it comes to comments about his kid.)

Exactly!

As far as this clipboard list, I am happy the tip deducting cheapos believe they can be outed.

Sorta wish it was true. Maybe it is.;)

Archived